Tiring Friday... Stay-home Saturday
What an 'awesome' Friday...
First things first, I had absolutely NOT ENOUGH sleep the previous night, after spending 3 hours on the phone chatting with Chris, sleeping only after 3am. I was up at 8+am for my 10am class, but still went in horribly LATE cuz the bloody train was delayed for more than half an hour!!!!! There wasn't a Friday where I am on time......
Straight after class I need to get to work.... I wasn't even fully prepared to get into the working mood. Moreover, I was 'tricked' to work by my 'dearest' Edwin, who told me he wouldn't be coming in during the afternoon so he needs me to be around, yet he appeared 15 minutes right after I reported to work. I was stunned at his appearance! I seriously DON'T feel like working cuz I felt wobbly, let alone extremely sleepy. Prove it - the very first dish I carried to the customer - Wonton noodle soup - I spilt it. Overestimated my balance, and I spilt it...! Dang... never happened to me before. And I felt so embarrassed cuz seated at the next table were my friends from class - YC, Candy and Peach... who had lunch there. -___-;;; Let people see the bad clumsy side of me...
Supposedly to knock off at 3pm. However, after counting the people working tonight, there were enough people, but, 3 are newbies, 1 irresponsible and arrogant, and Edwin is the ONLY one left. Out of exasperation, he asked me to stay on.... And my first reaction is like... "NO I can't, look at my condition! I can't work!"..... But my weakness gave me in, and in the end, I stayed on til 11pm to work....... :( I got a break though. Went out with Chris after he finished at 6pm to get mushrooms for Steven (as well as some groceries for myself). In the end, Steven cooked spaghetti for me and Edwin~~ :) And of cuz, for his wife Nancy and youngest son, Adrian(who adores me like his big sister), and all the uncles in the kitchen~ I was delighted! The spaghetti was VERY yummy! And Steven asked me to sit down and eat with his wife, sister and son, at one table, like we're family~ So far, only Edwin has the right to do that, but now I can too~ Adrian called me his next 'sister'. I am part of the boss's family.....
I am so exhausted after Friday.... Both lunch and dinner hours were CRAZY. But Edwin lets other staff do things instead of me cuz he knows I'm trying my best to stay awake. But I still ran up and down the stairs all the time serving... After work, Edwin made me laugh like crazy by telling Yoke Huey (who's a newbie) all the things about me.... Mostly 'negative' ones, but he thinks they're 'cute'... Sheesh! My reputation's all ruined by him!! I'm immune to it now... People loves to joke about me - I'm a blur-queen, flat-chested, climbs the stairs like a dinosaur, laughs non-stop like a crazed person, spits coffee, sleeps like a pig, eats really REALLY slow (especially soupy stuff... I spent one whole hour eating my fish fillet noodle soup in the afternoon!), hyper-active (can't even keep still while standing) etc etc etc.... Perhaps I give people the impression I can be joked with and I'm Ok with it... Seriously I don't care. For the fun of it. Work's boring and mundane. Need something to laugh about. And just happens so I'm the object for it.... *sigh*
Now, as I am writing this, I can feel my arms and feet aching like crazy... It's been 2 weeks of non-stop working. I am so done for... But I'm glad to say that Saturday I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEE..... I can SLEEEEEEEEEEEP! That's all I'm asking for now!

The spaghetti Steven cooked for us. I tell ya... it's really good! There're all the goodies too~ All the pipi, clams, scallops, prawns.... Yummm... Good stuff! =]
****************************************************
Even though I have a free Saturday, I can't sleep all the way til after noon time either. At 11am (which is too early for me, cuz I only reached home at 1am and slept after 3am), our landlord came to our house and he fixed the locks to our front door, bathroom and the garage, so I woke up and together with Sharuen, did laundry, cooked lunch, and even re-arranged the living room by adding a mattress so that we have an extra place to 'laze' at when we watch tv. Washed our bedsheets too. Then I took a nap. I'm so tired the whole day... can't even keep my eyes open~

Our little corner in the living room...
Wait til the bedsheets and pillow cases are dry.... the sofa bed and mattress will look more complete then.
At night, I made kimchi fried rice and soup. This is by far my best kimchi fried rice ever, cuz Sharuen loved it, saying it's very delicious and the taste is just nice. :) I liked it too. The soup was kinda bitter though, maybe because of the chinese herbs, and the wolfberries doesn't seem to make it any sweeter.

my kimchi fried rice

my soup is still boiling...

Sharuen cooked ginger strips with pork, and broccoli with mushrooms and carrots.
After dinner, I mopped the kitchen and dining room floors. Extremely dirty!! From the time before we left for our homes til now, we haven't really mopped and cleaned the house. Felt a sense of satisfaction after I finished mopping. The house feels brand new again.
I've been doing abit of cleaning here and there today too... Cleared up my room a little bit cuz it's getting too messy. But I'm pretty sure soon enough I'll mess it up again.
Tomorrow's back to work. But just for 4hours. I need to do some reading, period.
First things first, I had absolutely NOT ENOUGH sleep the previous night, after spending 3 hours on the phone chatting with Chris, sleeping only after 3am. I was up at 8+am for my 10am class, but still went in horribly LATE cuz the bloody train was delayed for more than half an hour!!!!! There wasn't a Friday where I am on time......
Straight after class I need to get to work.... I wasn't even fully prepared to get into the working mood. Moreover, I was 'tricked' to work by my 'dearest' Edwin, who told me he wouldn't be coming in during the afternoon so he needs me to be around, yet he appeared 15 minutes right after I reported to work. I was stunned at his appearance! I seriously DON'T feel like working cuz I felt wobbly, let alone extremely sleepy. Prove it - the very first dish I carried to the customer - Wonton noodle soup - I spilt it. Overestimated my balance, and I spilt it...! Dang... never happened to me before. And I felt so embarrassed cuz seated at the next table were my friends from class - YC, Candy and Peach... who had lunch there. -___-;;; Let people see the bad clumsy side of me...
Supposedly to knock off at 3pm. However, after counting the people working tonight, there were enough people, but, 3 are newbies, 1 irresponsible and arrogant, and Edwin is the ONLY one left. Out of exasperation, he asked me to stay on.... And my first reaction is like... "NO I can't, look at my condition! I can't work!"..... But my weakness gave me in, and in the end, I stayed on til 11pm to work....... :( I got a break though. Went out with Chris after he finished at 6pm to get mushrooms for Steven (as well as some groceries for myself). In the end, Steven cooked spaghetti for me and Edwin~~ :) And of cuz, for his wife Nancy and youngest son, Adrian(who adores me like his big sister), and all the uncles in the kitchen~ I was delighted! The spaghetti was VERY yummy! And Steven asked me to sit down and eat with his wife, sister and son, at one table, like we're family~ So far, only Edwin has the right to do that, but now I can too~ Adrian called me his next 'sister'. I am part of the boss's family.....
I am so exhausted after Friday.... Both lunch and dinner hours were CRAZY. But Edwin lets other staff do things instead of me cuz he knows I'm trying my best to stay awake. But I still ran up and down the stairs all the time serving... After work, Edwin made me laugh like crazy by telling Yoke Huey (who's a newbie) all the things about me.... Mostly 'negative' ones, but he thinks they're 'cute'... Sheesh! My reputation's all ruined by him!! I'm immune to it now... People loves to joke about me - I'm a blur-queen, flat-chested, climbs the stairs like a dinosaur, laughs non-stop like a crazed person, spits coffee, sleeps like a pig, eats really REALLY slow (especially soupy stuff... I spent one whole hour eating my fish fillet noodle soup in the afternoon!), hyper-active (can't even keep still while standing) etc etc etc.... Perhaps I give people the impression I can be joked with and I'm Ok with it... Seriously I don't care. For the fun of it. Work's boring and mundane. Need something to laugh about. And just happens so I'm the object for it.... *sigh*
Now, as I am writing this, I can feel my arms and feet aching like crazy... It's been 2 weeks of non-stop working. I am so done for... But I'm glad to say that Saturday I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEE..... I can SLEEEEEEEEEEEP! That's all I'm asking for now!

The spaghetti Steven cooked for us. I tell ya... it's really good! There're all the goodies too~ All the pipi, clams, scallops, prawns.... Yummm... Good stuff! =]
****************************************************
Even though I have a free Saturday, I can't sleep all the way til after noon time either. At 11am (which is too early for me, cuz I only reached home at 1am and slept after 3am), our landlord came to our house and he fixed the locks to our front door, bathroom and the garage, so I woke up and together with Sharuen, did laundry, cooked lunch, and even re-arranged the living room by adding a mattress so that we have an extra place to 'laze' at when we watch tv. Washed our bedsheets too. Then I took a nap. I'm so tired the whole day... can't even keep my eyes open~

Our little corner in the living room...
Wait til the bedsheets and pillow cases are dry.... the sofa bed and mattress will look more complete then.
At night, I made kimchi fried rice and soup. This is by far my best kimchi fried rice ever, cuz Sharuen loved it, saying it's very delicious and the taste is just nice. :) I liked it too. The soup was kinda bitter though, maybe because of the chinese herbs, and the wolfberries doesn't seem to make it any sweeter.

my kimchi fried rice

my soup is still boiling...

Sharuen cooked ginger strips with pork, and broccoli with mushrooms and carrots.
After dinner, I mopped the kitchen and dining room floors. Extremely dirty!! From the time before we left for our homes til now, we haven't really mopped and cleaned the house. Felt a sense of satisfaction after I finished mopping. The house feels brand new again.
I've been doing abit of cleaning here and there today too... Cleared up my room a little bit cuz it's getting too messy. But I'm pretty sure soon enough I'll mess it up again.
Tomorrow's back to work. But just for 4hours. I need to do some reading, period.
Comments