Back in Melbourne

SQ 227, 28 February, departing from Singapore at 9pm, to Melbourne, thereby ending my stay in Singapore after 5 weeks of fun. Really don't want to go back to Melbourne so soon. However I have to since classes have already started. Kinda reluctant to be leaving my parents and friends back there, as well as my comfortable home. :(

Life starts all over again being alone and fighting with my own will and strength. Freedom is something I'm glad I get to embrace when I'm in Australia. But I still miss home. Singapore is my home, and forever will be my home!

If there aren't many blondes and blue eyes around, I'll still think I am still in Singapore, when I'm actually already in Melbourne~

**********************

I want to say a big THANK YOU!!!! to Vanessa and Joanna for sending me off last night~ Thanks girls! Really glad to have meet u all again before I go.

After Edwin (finally) arrived at Changi Airport and checked in, we proceeded to the gates and got ready to board. On board of the aircraft I went 'berserk' initially and Edwin was like -__- ;;; and claimed he's never going to take the same flight with me again lol.... Nah... I'm just playing around. No one can have peace when I play. But it was great to travel with a friend, as we can look out for each other. I slept pretty much half of the journey -- distorted sleep though. I can never sleep well on the plane. I also watched "Casino Royale" and "Charlotte's Web". Liked both movies for different reasons - Casino Royale for the action and excitement; Charlotte's Web for the cute piggie and for kiddish reasons like seeing animals talk and defining the true meaning of 'friendship'. I could have watched more if I wasn't so tired.

Getting through the customs at Melbourne's Tullarmarine Airport was such a hassle and such a loooooooOOOong wait~ Both Edwin and I had things to declare (food items), and it seems like everyone getting through have things to declare. The queue was bloody long! Waited for.... an hour??? Finally got everything inspected and gotten a pass through. So MAFAN!!

Hopped onto an airport bus and travelled all the way to Clayton. Then called a cab to take our luggages back to my home. We have too many luggages, especially me. I already had my big luggage bag. However, my mom wanted me to bring along biscuits, cookies, tonic soup herbs, facial foams etc, and that constitute another big duffel bag. I bought lotions, tissues, wet tissues, lots of new clothes, shoes, bags etc and that got to go into another small China bag. Altogether these 3 bags weighed 39.4kg, but I had a 40kg bag allowance, so it's ok.

Edwin will be staying at my place for a month or so til he finds an apartment in the city. So the living room and its sofa bed will be all his. He cooked dinner for me, and he says he will continue do so if he's home. =] Knowing that my stomach's not well, he cooked porridge for me. How nice of him~ But I'm so sorry to say that I can't even finish up a bowl of porridge..... I dunno why is my tummy so 'upset'. I can be so hungry but I can't eat anything at all~

After we got home at about noon time, and after taking a refreshing shower, Edwin, Sharuen and I headed to the city, and guess where we went? Singapore Chom Chom! Lol.... Our boss Steven spotted us from outside, and motioned for us to get inside lol... And he gave us ang baos, and asked us to start work immediately. I managed to persuade him to let me start next week, but Edwin has no choice but to start tomorrow.

Actually I'm still contemplating if I really should go back to Chom Chom to work. 2 reasons: 1) I want to work somewhere else to gain other areas of experience, preferably in my area of study. 2) Only a couple of friends will know why I simply CANNOT work there, if I want to avoid *something*

**********************

Anyway, 2nd March is my housemate Sharuen's 23rd Birthday~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Had a great night. Alan drove us to Crown Casino, and we had buffet at Sante. The buffet there was just average. There is a need to improve in their variety because the choices are kinda limited. Mostly oriental delicacies though. It's a real pity that you'll need to pay extra to eat the seafood.... I was hoping to taste fresh oysters again~

There were 7 of us in all -- all Sharuen's friends -- Joyce, Alan, Chee Keong, Catherine (Chee Keong's gf) and Winkie. I usually can eat quite alot at buffets, but today was an exception cuz I simply have no appetite at all! It's been like 2 weeks I am like that. Even my classmates said I look thinner when I saw them in class today. Really?!

After dinner, we headed to the Yarra River and all of us sang the Happy birthday song (in English, Mandarin and Cantonese) to her, and Sharuen made her wish, and cut her cake. Then we watched the fire display that occurs every hour from 8pm-12am, and after which, we headed back.

Ok... I think I've talked a little too much, so I'll just end off with pictures!~!

At dinner:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The birthday cake I've gotten for Sharuen:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yummy, rich and sinful chocolate mud cake...

At the Yarra River:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


More parties and outings coming~ gonna have all the fun before I start cramming for assignments, as well as juggling work at the same time! :S

Comments

Popular Posts