Drink ourselves silly on Chris's birthday
11 March is Chris's 23rd birthday..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!!! =)
Anson and I decided to celebrate with him, and it was decided to go to Anson's place at Elsternwick for a hotpot session... However, our hotpot session was a 'disaster'~ Read on to find out more...
At noon, we met up at Melbourne Central and had lunch at the Dessert House - the new outlet along Swanston Street. I had a really yummy egg and char siew rice.... Chris and I were talking about our jobs at Singapore Chom Chom (with my introduction, and Edwin's backup, Chris got a job at Chom Chom), and we had lots to talk about over our meal. Anson was glad for us that we did not end up back at Yoyogi and that we're all happy at Chom Chom. :)

the rice I had, and the rice Chris had... Anson has already attacked his rice before I can take a pic~
Then, we went to Victoria Market to get some seafood and vegetables for our hotpot. Then headed to Chinatown and got some meat, beancurd, mushrooms, fishballs and the soup base. Then I got a cake for Chris as well. When all the shopping's done, we headed to Elsternwick and to Anson's home, where we lazed for a while playing PS2, and then we started to prepare the stuff for our hotpot.

Trust me... the guys are so much more diligent than I am! Especially Anson~ he's such a capable guy - the 'kitchen' fella I should say. I know nuts about food preparation~

Taken behind my back... I was 'trying' to prepare something...

Some of the food already on the table...

The soup base was kinda... weird
And Anson doesn't have a proper hot pot so we used his big rice cooker, which didn't defeat the purpose of hotpot.... it was good~

I prepared these? I think...

Chris just couldn't get his hands off the grapes!

Thanks pal... but I'm so NOT 32 years old!

With the birthday boy with the pool of food waiting to be attacked~


Taken just outside Anson's balcony
Then we started to eat at around half past 6. Anson's housemate Penny (I've met her 2 times before so we remember each other) joined us with the hotpot. And then, that was when it all started. Started with the idea of letting the birthday boy get really drunk on his big day, we started rounds and rounds of drinking. Started with gin and tonic, then we washed out 2 big bottles of chardonnay and 1 big bottle of chiraz, and then more gin and tonic. It was really a wild mixture, and we had them really fast that, none of us could take it any longer~ Even Penny, who we know is a heavy drinker, got really tipsy. In fact, it was the 2 guys who vomited and passed out. I was really giddy too, but I'm not very drunk. I didn't even turn red. I can still go on to get myself really drunk, but I figured I shouldn't pass out. How am I going to go home later if I passed out?? Our hotpot wasn't even half-eaten when all of us went to take our rests to recover ourselves......

still at normal state... just eating....

they are already turning really red... especially the fair-skinned Anson

girls are better drinkers I reckon!



Feeling really giddy and drunk already~ and a half-inebriated me~

Chris passed out and Penny actually pulled down his pants to reveal his undies!!!
We rested, and I was the first to recover. Went into the kitchen to clear up the table a little, but only to find Anson has puked into the sink and the smell is just overwhelming!!! Dang....
10.30pm -- called the 2 guys up to cut cake. Got some warm water for them as well to revive them. So, we managed to cut the cake. But Chris was really unwell, and is still suffering the effects from the alcohol. He passed out again after cutting the cake... lol... So he's staying overnight at Anson's place for sure.

his birthday cake - blackforest cheesecake from Michel's




Last few shots taken of Chris and his cake....
Sang the English and Mandarin version of the Happy Birthday song... and I chipped in the Korean version as well...
I think this might be Chris's most unforgettable birthday lol..... He's never gotten so drunk~
Whilst Chris stayed overnight at Anson's place, I managed to go home. Edwin knew I'm semi-drunk and he came to Elsternwick to fetch me, and we took the cab back to Clayton together. I'm glad to have him with me, and I felt his protection. I feel safe. When we reached home, he made hot tea for me and then filled up my water bottle to wake me up a little. Little actions, but they warmed my heart. He's moving out most probably tomorrow..... but now I dunno how am I going to live without him........ =(

I just enjoy train rides a little more with his company~
Anson and I decided to celebrate with him, and it was decided to go to Anson's place at Elsternwick for a hotpot session... However, our hotpot session was a 'disaster'~ Read on to find out more...
At noon, we met up at Melbourne Central and had lunch at the Dessert House - the new outlet along Swanston Street. I had a really yummy egg and char siew rice.... Chris and I were talking about our jobs at Singapore Chom Chom (with my introduction, and Edwin's backup, Chris got a job at Chom Chom), and we had lots to talk about over our meal. Anson was glad for us that we did not end up back at Yoyogi and that we're all happy at Chom Chom. :)

the rice I had, and the rice Chris had... Anson has already attacked his rice before I can take a pic~
Then, we went to Victoria Market to get some seafood and vegetables for our hotpot. Then headed to Chinatown and got some meat, beancurd, mushrooms, fishballs and the soup base. Then I got a cake for Chris as well. When all the shopping's done, we headed to Elsternwick and to Anson's home, where we lazed for a while playing PS2, and then we started to prepare the stuff for our hotpot.

Trust me... the guys are so much more diligent than I am! Especially Anson~ he's such a capable guy - the 'kitchen' fella I should say. I know nuts about food preparation~

Taken behind my back... I was 'trying' to prepare something...

Some of the food already on the table...

The soup base was kinda... weird
And Anson doesn't have a proper hot pot so we used his big rice cooker, which didn't defeat the purpose of hotpot.... it was good~

I prepared these? I think...

Chris just couldn't get his hands off the grapes!

Thanks pal... but I'm so NOT 32 years old!

With the birthday boy with the pool of food waiting to be attacked~


Taken just outside Anson's balcony
Then we started to eat at around half past 6. Anson's housemate Penny (I've met her 2 times before so we remember each other) joined us with the hotpot. And then, that was when it all started. Started with the idea of letting the birthday boy get really drunk on his big day, we started rounds and rounds of drinking. Started with gin and tonic, then we washed out 2 big bottles of chardonnay and 1 big bottle of chiraz, and then more gin and tonic. It was really a wild mixture, and we had them really fast that, none of us could take it any longer~ Even Penny, who we know is a heavy drinker, got really tipsy. In fact, it was the 2 guys who vomited and passed out. I was really giddy too, but I'm not very drunk. I didn't even turn red. I can still go on to get myself really drunk, but I figured I shouldn't pass out. How am I going to go home later if I passed out?? Our hotpot wasn't even half-eaten when all of us went to take our rests to recover ourselves......

still at normal state... just eating....

they are already turning really red... especially the fair-skinned Anson

girls are better drinkers I reckon!



Feeling really giddy and drunk already~ and a half-inebriated me~

Chris passed out and Penny actually pulled down his pants to reveal his undies!!!
We rested, and I was the first to recover. Went into the kitchen to clear up the table a little, but only to find Anson has puked into the sink and the smell is just overwhelming!!! Dang....
10.30pm -- called the 2 guys up to cut cake. Got some warm water for them as well to revive them. So, we managed to cut the cake. But Chris was really unwell, and is still suffering the effects from the alcohol. He passed out again after cutting the cake... lol... So he's staying overnight at Anson's place for sure.

his birthday cake - blackforest cheesecake from Michel's




Last few shots taken of Chris and his cake....
Sang the English and Mandarin version of the Happy Birthday song... and I chipped in the Korean version as well...
I think this might be Chris's most unforgettable birthday lol..... He's never gotten so drunk~
Whilst Chris stayed overnight at Anson's place, I managed to go home. Edwin knew I'm semi-drunk and he came to Elsternwick to fetch me, and we took the cab back to Clayton together. I'm glad to have him with me, and I felt his protection. I feel safe. When we reached home, he made hot tea for me and then filled up my water bottle to wake me up a little. Little actions, but they warmed my heart. He's moving out most probably tomorrow..... but now I dunno how am I going to live without him........ =(

I just enjoy train rides a little more with his company~
Comments