Hard without the internet

Whew.... Finally we are able to have our internet connection back~ It was 4 excruciating days and nights without internet connection, and we were all on the verge of dying! Talking about Gen-X kids.... we need to have the internet to survive!

I ended up digging out spider solitaire to play. And I watched the last half of 'Tokyo Juliet' (still yet to be completed though). All because I do not have the internet. It was like hell.... especially at night... I wished I was on MSN...

Classes have already started, and the readings are starting to pile up as well. As usual, I am never motivated to do my readings... But I'm trying hard to read and study as much as I can so I wouldn't be too far behind. I found myself still in dreamland, and still very much in the playing mood. After the long holidays and the fun in Singapore, I still couldn't get myself to snap out to reality. :( The holidays are in fact, TOO LONG, but yet, TOO SHORT. No one can ever get enough of having fun!

This semester, I am doing COM 4006: New Communications Media and COM 4009: Issues in International Communications. So far so good.... For the unit New Communications Media, we're going to do up a webpage with our own topic related to Communications, and I've still yet to have decided on what to do.... Maybe I'm going to do something related to performing arts, since that's another of my area of interest. But which aspect of the performing arts, I dunno.... I'm thinking of theatre.... Still looking into it.

Work has also started for me on Monday. Monday half day, Wednesday and Thursday full day. I was supposed to work on Sunday full day as well, but I've asked for a day off since I've already made plans.... And at the moment, even if my work shift starts at 11am, I'll need to report at 10.30am.... all thanks to Edwin, who's still staying with me, and I've no choice but to go to work with him...... Dang.... Luckily, I still remember everything in Singapore Chom Chom, including the numbers for the orders as well as their prices, drinks and cashiering. After 6 weeks of absence.... quite impressive... lol... In a way, I'm happy to be back, to speak generally. It's great to be working again actually. I think I'm quite a workaholic.... I just need to work to get going.

One of the things I ordered when I had my dinner at Chom Chom... Roti Prata! I love them... even though the indian-made ones are always better than our ready-made roti, but I still love them.... with sugar, and with curry.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some random pictures taken:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
with my housemate Sharuen, on our way back from Caulfield's library to Clayton...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
a few shots with Edwin before we go to bed.... in PJs, glasses, and the undeniable sleepy look...

Comments

Popular Posts