No-Class-No-Kimchi-Tray on Thursday is W.E.I.R.D
AS what the title says...
Kinda odd to go out with a smaller and lighter bag, with no big file, pencil case and dictionary.
And kinda odd to be having dinner elsewhere with different people, other than our weekly Kimchi Tray hangout with the same bunch of lovelies.... (not that other people are not lovely....)
Oh well, I hope that things will go back to its original spot when class resumes next week.... (fingers crossed!) However, there are speculates whether or not level 8 will still be continuing since Hye-Ri sort of 'quit' teaching. I haven't enrolled though... Will be doing so next Monday/Tuesday.
.........................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................
Since I had Thursday totally off, I decided to go get my hair done. I've been intending to trim my hair and get it coloured. And so I did! I haven't seen hairdressers Jang Hee or Julie since I've been back from my trip, so they were asking about my trip and what I did in Korea. I was there for 2.5 hours, and I was feeling really fidgety sitting there all the time... Glad to have someone to talk to even though they are also busy with other customers.
I was very very tempted to get my unruly hair permanently straightened. But then there will be a period of time where I need to get used to the flat-hair-pasting-on-my-big-face and hating myself for how I look. Moreover, if I did straightening, there will be about a week I am not supposed to tie my hair, which I can't since I work in the restaurant. I do not like hair flat and on-my-face either. However, my hair now is dry and looks kinda messy, so Jang Hee suggested I do straightening. In the end, I refused. The only solution for the lazy me is to blow dry my hair everyday. Welllllll....... Perhaps I might go for permanent straightening another time.....
After leaving Kairos, I met Sharuen for dinner. I haven't met her for a long time now, and it's time for a catch up! She was fretting cuz it is always so difficult to ask me out, so I took the first opportunity when I had some time... Lots of news sharing and reminiscing on the old times when we were housemates (we stayed together for almost 3 years!).
Ate at Old Town Mamak in QV. I ate heaps - kaya toast, Hainanese chicken rice, otak otak and a mango special drink (mango iced with jelly and lychee). Sharuen had a mee goreng, shared the otak otak with me, and a milo dinosaur. Ahhhh.... Enjoyed our meal. We miss food from home!!

Sharuen... she claims her hair is ugly (she just had it cut 2 days ago), but I think it's good.
And me with my new hair - my hairdresser straightened my hair for me, but it'll all be gone after I wash it. And I went for a lighter colour this time... I want to go even lighter the next time I dye my hair! :p
.........................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................
I've been working heaps lately, with 1-2 lunches and 6 dinner shifts. Basically I am there every single night except for Thursdays. Looks like my Doha trip may be cancelled because all our 4 senior staff have taken leave between 26/8 - 18/9.... Benise hopes I can stay, if not, she will collapse handling all the newer ones. I am obliged to help her, but I am also itching to go. Dad prefers I arrive Doha between 10/9 to 22/9 because 1) Ramadan will be over, and there will be more things to do in the already-boring Doha; 2) his housemate will be away until the 22/9 and it will be much more convenient for me to be around then. But looking at the current situation, I can only travel after 18/9, which will be too late. Dad suggested the next best time to visit will be in November (there's another festive season going on then) but that will be too near my big trip. I hope to spread my trips further apart so I will not get too tired or over-anticipated.
Really exhausted.... It's good to be working, but then sometimes I crave for personal time too.... Oh well... Just think about how much I can save up for my trips.... -__-
Kinda odd to go out with a smaller and lighter bag, with no big file, pencil case and dictionary.
And kinda odd to be having dinner elsewhere with different people, other than our weekly Kimchi Tray hangout with the same bunch of lovelies.... (not that other people are not lovely....)
Oh well, I hope that things will go back to its original spot when class resumes next week.... (fingers crossed!) However, there are speculates whether or not level 8 will still be continuing since Hye-Ri sort of 'quit' teaching. I haven't enrolled though... Will be doing so next Monday/Tuesday.
Since I had Thursday totally off, I decided to go get my hair done. I've been intending to trim my hair and get it coloured. And so I did! I haven't seen hairdressers Jang Hee or Julie since I've been back from my trip, so they were asking about my trip and what I did in Korea. I was there for 2.5 hours, and I was feeling really fidgety sitting there all the time... Glad to have someone to talk to even though they are also busy with other customers.
I was very very tempted to get my unruly hair permanently straightened. But then there will be a period of time where I need to get used to the flat-hair-pasting-on-my-big-face and hating myself for how I look. Moreover, if I did straightening, there will be about a week I am not supposed to tie my hair, which I can't since I work in the restaurant. I do not like hair flat and on-my-face either. However, my hair now is dry and looks kinda messy, so Jang Hee suggested I do straightening. In the end, I refused. The only solution for the lazy me is to blow dry my hair everyday. Welllllll....... Perhaps I might go for permanent straightening another time.....
After leaving Kairos, I met Sharuen for dinner. I haven't met her for a long time now, and it's time for a catch up! She was fretting cuz it is always so difficult to ask me out, so I took the first opportunity when I had some time... Lots of news sharing and reminiscing on the old times when we were housemates (we stayed together for almost 3 years!).
Ate at Old Town Mamak in QV. I ate heaps - kaya toast, Hainanese chicken rice, otak otak and a mango special drink (mango iced with jelly and lychee). Sharuen had a mee goreng, shared the otak otak with me, and a milo dinosaur. Ahhhh.... Enjoyed our meal. We miss food from home!!

Sharuen... she claims her hair is ugly (she just had it cut 2 days ago), but I think it's good.
And me with my new hair - my hairdresser straightened my hair for me, but it'll all be gone after I wash it. And I went for a lighter colour this time... I want to go even lighter the next time I dye my hair! :p
I've been working heaps lately, with 1-2 lunches and 6 dinner shifts. Basically I am there every single night except for Thursdays. Looks like my Doha trip may be cancelled because all our 4 senior staff have taken leave between 26/8 - 18/9.... Benise hopes I can stay, if not, she will collapse handling all the newer ones. I am obliged to help her, but I am also itching to go. Dad prefers I arrive Doha between 10/9 to 22/9 because 1) Ramadan will be over, and there will be more things to do in the already-boring Doha; 2) his housemate will be away until the 22/9 and it will be much more convenient for me to be around then. But looking at the current situation, I can only travel after 18/9, which will be too late. Dad suggested the next best time to visit will be in November (there's another festive season going on then) but that will be too near my big trip. I hope to spread my trips further apart so I will not get too tired or over-anticipated.
Really exhausted.... It's good to be working, but then sometimes I crave for personal time too.... Oh well... Just think about how much I can save up for my trips.... -__-
Comments