My hidden desire - Polaroid Camera
I've been a long-time E-bayer, and have been sourcing a few things on there. Most of the things I've bought are either accessories or clothings. I love the Korean/Japanese/Hong Kong fashion on there. Beats the Aussie fashion anytime, and much cheaper (even with shipping costs added) too. Plus, you can carry the fashion without much fear of other fashion 'clones' (i.e. people wearing the same stuff as you). I've been lucky so far that I seem to have a trained eye to choose reliable products and sellers (the quality is always good, and the sizes fit... plus, they ALL arrives me). But of course, there is still a fair percentage of doubt, since I can't feel or see anything personally.
The most expensive thing I've last shopped was my Japanese-style flip phone. The next expensive was what I've just received today - a polaroid camera!
My Fujifilm Instanx MIni 7s polaroid was shipped to me from Korea, and I wasn't even expecting it until next week. It only took a week to arrive me, safe and sound, in a box. Bubble-wrapped in it were the camera, instruction manual, 100 film packs, and wooden pegs with a string (to hang the photo prints - which I deem useless cuz there's no where in my room I can hang these things...). Set up the camera and took my first photo. Waited for the image to slowly materialise and eventually dry up. Like a child, I love it with an 'innocent' thrill, squealing and 'woah'-ing. :P

I have never found polaroid camera sold anywhere in Australia (not sure about Singapore), especially now that digital cameras are obviously more common, popular, 'high-tech' and ultimate convenience (plus less bulky and expensive - polariod camera itself is not expensive, but the films usually are). I've always wanted one. It's always been on my 'wish list' however, I know it is not the most important thing I need to buy right now. I like the concept of collecting polaroids in an album, or hanging them up in a string, with scribbles on them. I am not sure if it is popular anywhere in the world (though I think in Korea it is pretty common), but I sure do love them.
Whilst I can take heaps of photos - be it fun, candid, memorable, sights, friends or food - with a digital camera, I want to capture moments with my polaroid. It is more meaningful that way with its limited film and it's un-erasable.
Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase. Will probably go around for photo opportunities with my new toy. :)
* Don't ask me why I got the pink one, when I am not a pink fan... I wanted the blue one... But apparently this pink one is the only best deal with the lowest price I can get from the seller. This deal gives me 100 films but no magic pen. The other deals gives 40 films with magic pens and a bag. Honestly, I prefer the film. I have my own permanent fine marker. But the offer only comes in PINK. OH well....
The most expensive thing I've last shopped was my Japanese-style flip phone. The next expensive was what I've just received today - a polaroid camera!
My Fujifilm Instanx MIni 7s polaroid was shipped to me from Korea, and I wasn't even expecting it until next week. It only took a week to arrive me, safe and sound, in a box. Bubble-wrapped in it were the camera, instruction manual, 100 film packs, and wooden pegs with a string (to hang the photo prints - which I deem useless cuz there's no where in my room I can hang these things...). Set up the camera and took my first photo. Waited for the image to slowly materialise and eventually dry up. Like a child, I love it with an 'innocent' thrill, squealing and 'woah'-ing. :P

I have never found polaroid camera sold anywhere in Australia (not sure about Singapore), especially now that digital cameras are obviously more common, popular, 'high-tech' and ultimate convenience (plus less bulky and expensive - polariod camera itself is not expensive, but the films usually are). I've always wanted one. It's always been on my 'wish list' however, I know it is not the most important thing I need to buy right now. I like the concept of collecting polaroids in an album, or hanging them up in a string, with scribbles on them. I am not sure if it is popular anywhere in the world (though I think in Korea it is pretty common), but I sure do love them.
Whilst I can take heaps of photos - be it fun, candid, memorable, sights, friends or food - with a digital camera, I want to capture moments with my polaroid. It is more meaningful that way with its limited film and it's un-erasable.
Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase. Will probably go around for photo opportunities with my new toy. :)
* Don't ask me why I got the pink one, when I am not a pink fan... I wanted the blue one... But apparently this pink one is the only best deal with the lowest price I can get from the seller. This deal gives me 100 films but no magic pen. The other deals gives 40 films with magic pens and a bag. Honestly, I prefer the film. I have my own permanent fine marker. But the offer only comes in PINK. OH well....
Comments
Anyway nice colour!
i hate pink, but luckily it's not all pink. so i was able to accept it. :)