And cheers to mitigation...

Spent Saturday in Melbourne city, with Yongshan and Shu Yea, drifting from place to place for food, shopping, coffee and more shopping... Everything was fantastic. It was a relaxing day.... At least I don't have to work, or worry about something.

Photobucket


Sunday was back to work, and it seems like the entire world knew about me having passed my IELTS... Everyone was congratulating me. Even Nishi-san was congratulating me. LOL... Benise (and maybe Ryo as well) must have spread the word... Jeremy claimed I'm his 'idol' now, and Zhan was saying jokingly that she do not have to worry about going into a 'gay' relationship with me (it was a joke started by Benise, since Zhan is a Australian citizen here, she will be able to help me if we are 'gay'). In addition, Benise has given me 6-nights and 1-lunch shifts for the next 2 weeks.... Gosh...

But I needed the cash anyway.

However, I am thinking of a holiday next month now... It was a very sudden thought because I was suddenly grapped by this unknown 'anxiety' that my dreams can only be realized much much later than I wish it to be. Once my Bridging visa (A) is down, I won't be able to go overseas. Actually I can still go overseas, but then I will need to apply for Bridging Visa (B), and I must not be absent for more than 3 months. In other words, I will not be able to go to Korea until my PR application has been assessed, and approved. This process will take a long time now. I pictured it to be a year's worth of waiting, or maybe more. What am I supposed to do within this year?? Of course I will have to find a full-time job... If I managed to find a full-time job, what are my chances of going to Korea again? And how long will that take?

In fact, I have a second worry... Given that it is so difficult to obtain a Media-related job here, and I am not getting any younger,
AM I EVER GOING TO WORK IN THE MEDIA AT ALL???! I am in fact wasting time here instead of embarking on a career that I can probably find much easily in Singapore... Is this PR thing really worth it after all??

This morning, I thought to myself, why not I go to Korea NOW? Yonsei University offers a 3-week program of intensive studies as well, and I can go for that and see how what it is like before investing in a whole year regular program. It might not be such a bad idea... I will stay in Korea for a full month, and travel Busan, as well as other places I've missed out on my last trip. Given that I miss Korea so much, I really do not mind going there at all!

Then after that I will visit Dubai, and Doha, where Dad and Mom now are. That can be done in about 9 days or so, and I will be back in time to attend Michelle and Jason's wedding on 11/9.

This is a plan I will most likely be going through... I am keeping my fingers crossed that from now til the end of July I can get everything I need to get done for PR settled, then at least I can go overseas in peace.

OMG, my itchy traveling bug is at it again.... I think I won't be able to sleep (again) tonight with all these in my head.... Moreover, the grand finals between Netherlands and Spain is coming up in 2 hours.... Even though it is predicted that Spain will win, however, I am going for Netherlands... I support the underdogs... :)

Comments

Popular Posts