Cold, but warm winter
Didn't understand the title?? Read on...
This year's winter is really really reaaaalllllly harsh.... There were 0 degree nights, and 7 degrees days, and rain just kept on pelting... It seems like this year's one of the coldest years from all the 7+ years I am here... And perhaps I am getting older, it seems like I am less resistant to such cold.... Or maybe I just don't have clothings really appropriate for harsh harsh winters....
Either way, it's cold, but everywhere you go it's warm, thus it's not all that bad. However, I do not like Australia's heating system. Perhaps cuz there's no minus 0's nor snow, they do not have really warm heating systems unlike countries who goes through negative during winter... I prefer Korea's underfloor heating system (ondol) so much more.... My house usually feels cold right after the central heating's been turned off... Sucks...
This winter, we've watched "Shrek Forever and After". Probably the last episode of the Shrek series... The movie was great, but 3D is giving us all the headache! I've heard all the hype about how good "Toy Story 3" is, but I haven't got the chance to watch it. Furthermore, a 3D movie here costs AUD20 minimum..... Too expensive to watch 2 movies in such a short period of time... But I really want to watch it....

And also, "Karate Kid" when it gets released here in Australia... If I'm not mistaken, it will reach us mid-July... Darn... Everywhere else in the world gets earlier movie releases, why does Australia have to be sooooooooooooo 'down-under'??!
Warming up at Max Brenner has been a hobby this winter... Even when we were seated outside, the portable heating system kept us all warm and fuzzy over the hot mug of cappuccino. Heart-to-heart chit-chat with good friends, and a sweet dose of babka totally made the night. Honestly, I have always loved the 'cafe' concept -- good friends gathering together and having a good chat over a good cup of coffee, plus a great ambience together with everyone else who has gathered for the same reason.

Great friends...
I have one more week to "Judgement Day". Honestly I am not confident with the IELTS tests... Therefore I have already mentally prepared myself to apply for tourist visa, and slowly get my things organized here, and then enrol in Yonsei/Sogang Uni... Then off to Korea in September...
This year's winter is really really reaaaalllllly harsh.... There were 0 degree nights, and 7 degrees days, and rain just kept on pelting... It seems like this year's one of the coldest years from all the 7+ years I am here... And perhaps I am getting older, it seems like I am less resistant to such cold.... Or maybe I just don't have clothings really appropriate for harsh harsh winters....
Either way, it's cold, but everywhere you go it's warm, thus it's not all that bad. However, I do not like Australia's heating system. Perhaps cuz there's no minus 0's nor snow, they do not have really warm heating systems unlike countries who goes through negative during winter... I prefer Korea's underfloor heating system (ondol) so much more.... My house usually feels cold right after the central heating's been turned off... Sucks...
This winter, we've watched "Shrek Forever and After". Probably the last episode of the Shrek series... The movie was great, but 3D is giving us all the headache! I've heard all the hype about how good "Toy Story 3" is, but I haven't got the chance to watch it. Furthermore, a 3D movie here costs AUD20 minimum..... Too expensive to watch 2 movies in such a short period of time... But I really want to watch it....

And also, "Karate Kid" when it gets released here in Australia... If I'm not mistaken, it will reach us mid-July... Darn... Everywhere else in the world gets earlier movie releases, why does Australia have to be sooooooooooooo 'down-under'??!
Warming up at Max Brenner has been a hobby this winter... Even when we were seated outside, the portable heating system kept us all warm and fuzzy over the hot mug of cappuccino. Heart-to-heart chit-chat with good friends, and a sweet dose of babka totally made the night. Honestly, I have always loved the 'cafe' concept -- good friends gathering together and having a good chat over a good cup of coffee, plus a great ambience together with everyone else who has gathered for the same reason.

Great friends...
I have one more week to "Judgement Day". Honestly I am not confident with the IELTS tests... Therefore I have already mentally prepared myself to apply for tourist visa, and slowly get my things organized here, and then enrol in Yonsei/Sogang Uni... Then off to Korea in September...
Comments