I Passed!

Finally, after all the turmoil I've been going through, and having prepared myself for the definite worst, everything's now been settled and has more or less come to an end.

As predicted, I wasn't able to sleep well... I slept, but I kept waking up every now and then to check the time. Eventually I woke up, bathed, and got myself ready to get out just in time to catch the bus to Monash Clayton. However, I've reached too early... (For some reason) Monash releases their IELTS test results only after 2pm. I don't understand why, since RMIT always releases their results by noon. I have to linger around the campus until 2pm when the results were pinned on the notice boards.

I remembered my candidate number -- 4170 -- And after I found my number, I looked on, expecting to fail something.

Listening: 8.0
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 8.0
Speaking: 8.0

Then I re-read my grades again, and triple-checked if that falls under the correct candidate number. It took me about 5 minutes to realize that, I HAVE FRIGGIN' PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other words: Met the criterias needed to obtain a PR.

I can hardly believe my eyes! When I've regained composure, the first thing I did was to dig out my phone and buzzed my agent. He told me to go down to his office ASAP with my passport and other documents. There is no time to lose.... Today 9 July is the day my TR visa expires, and I have to apply for my PR immediately before it's too late!

Whilst in the agent's office we were running against time. It was already 3.30pm and we have heaps to do before immigrations close at 4pm. After a couple of 'excitements' (near-couldn't-make-it) moments, we submitted everything to Immigrations. Booked health check, paid the application fees etc.... I was extremely lucky, because Immigrations website hung a bit after 4pm for site upgrading. Made it in JUST IN TIME. I was literally sweating even though the weather is so cold....

Left the agent's office after 2 hours, feeling like nothing has ever happened before. I was extremely exhausted, but I didn't want to go home. Called Yongshan up (who, has already SMS me after reading my FB status) and she asked me to join her and Shu Yea and a couple of other friends for dinner... So I did... They were all happy for me..... A few of my friends have SMS-ed me to ask how I fared for my IELTS, and congratulated me heartily when they learnt I've passed and applied for PR. I really thank these friends who showed their concern to me, and have prayed for me, when I was literally pulling my hair out...

I do feel happy that I managed to get through at the very last minute, and that all my efforts have paid off, but I am not overly elated or anything. Obtaining a PR here is giving me another option in my life. After my PR visa has been granted, I will still go to Korea... I will probably try working in Singapore after that and see what it's like. I may not like working in Singapore, and decide to come back to a more relaxed/comfortable life here.... Or I may even eventually settle down in Korea... Or somewhere else in the world... As long as I come back here and stay for 2 years minimum out of 5 years, I can still renew my visa after 5 years. I guess it doesn't hurt to have another option in your life for you to choose from... I believe that this is also my parents' intentions...

Probably my Korea plans gotta hold off until next year. I can't travel a lot with my bridging visa. However, immigrations always take a long time to process a PR application. It can take up to 9 months to a year or more... I think I might have to go to Korea a year from now... The next 28 days will be critical for me to get everything ready and going.... Then I will be able to really sit down and relax...

However I believe I can sleep well tonight... I've been running around all day long, and I am extremely dead beat... The bed is looking extremely comfy, waiting longingly for me to tuck myself in............


Comments

Congrats babe! Happy for u ;) *pop champagne*

Popular Posts