No Mood....
until Yiyi comes back briefly and we all hang out...
Honestly, I have been so busy recently that I haven't got the mood for anything. And worse still, that includes JOB HUNTING... How bad can I get?
On top of working every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday in the office, the rest of the time will be working at the restaurant (other than Thursday night where I get night off). On Wednesday and Saturday I have to work the entire day in the restaurant, meaning I work lunch as well. Lunch is the most tiresome shift ever because even though there usually isn't much people coming in to eat, but the preparation process is so strenuous (I have to put the chairs up and then vacuum the entire place and take all the heavy outside tables and chairs out), and I am by myself! After every lunch shift, I struggled through dinner, feeling so low and sleepy.... But usually that day I will be the one in charge, so I will have to give 100% when I can't..
How 'NO life' is this..... ?
Then last Sunday, Yiyi gave me a call and announced she has came back from her holidays, and she is missing home terribly. I understood what her feelings are... Then on Monday night when I was working, and being extremely busy, she and Vivian came to visit me by eating at Sozai, and waiting for me to finish work. After that we went out for drinks in the city. That was when she broke the news that she will be going back again because she wants to take this particular course before coming back to start the semester in March. I was dumbfounded. That means she has only came back for 2 days before going back again!! Sigh!! I missed this good friend of mine...
Tuesday night we all met up for dinner at Ying Thai on Lygon's street. Kylie finally made it this time!! Oh my, the 4 of us can really talk. We trailed from Ying Thai to Abbey Road on St. kilda, yakking non-stop. The thing with Yiyi and Vivian is, even though they are younger than me, but no matter what topic you talk to them, they can tell you so many things! That's why we can yak from morning til well after midnight if we want to!




The 3 pretty gals that were my company... Hehe... And the 4th is just a tired panda sipping her orange juice...

Entree no. 1: Salad with shredded papaya and squid with a sour-ish dressing

Entree no. 2: Spring rolls

Entree no. 3: Thai roti
Tastes like Indian roti but in a different shape

Mains no. 1: Pad thai with chicken

Mains no. 2: Chicken green curry

Mains no. 3: Seafood stir-fried... Real spicy, but real nice!


Coffee and desserts at Abbey Road afterwards
Left: Not sure of the name for this, but it's made of berries, cream and pavlova
Right: Banana split
There were 2 over 40 degrees days and I was on the verge of dying especially when I was at home. No air-conditioning in my room.... My little fan does not help at all! Then amazingly, last night spotted a cool change that was really cooling.... But I realized I need to wear a cardigan. Melbourne's weather is seriously very weird and unpredictable. So far the forecast has not stated any other 40 degrees days, which is good! I really hate the heat... I was really glad I get to work in the office on those days with atrocious heat waves....
Honestly, I have been so busy recently that I haven't got the mood for anything. And worse still, that includes JOB HUNTING... How bad can I get?
On top of working every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday in the office, the rest of the time will be working at the restaurant (other than Thursday night where I get night off). On Wednesday and Saturday I have to work the entire day in the restaurant, meaning I work lunch as well. Lunch is the most tiresome shift ever because even though there usually isn't much people coming in to eat, but the preparation process is so strenuous (I have to put the chairs up and then vacuum the entire place and take all the heavy outside tables and chairs out), and I am by myself! After every lunch shift, I struggled through dinner, feeling so low and sleepy.... But usually that day I will be the one in charge, so I will have to give 100% when I can't..
How 'NO life' is this..... ?
Then last Sunday, Yiyi gave me a call and announced she has came back from her holidays, and she is missing home terribly. I understood what her feelings are... Then on Monday night when I was working, and being extremely busy, she and Vivian came to visit me by eating at Sozai, and waiting for me to finish work. After that we went out for drinks in the city. That was when she broke the news that she will be going back again because she wants to take this particular course before coming back to start the semester in March. I was dumbfounded. That means she has only came back for 2 days before going back again!! Sigh!! I missed this good friend of mine...
Tuesday night we all met up for dinner at Ying Thai on Lygon's street. Kylie finally made it this time!! Oh my, the 4 of us can really talk. We trailed from Ying Thai to Abbey Road on St. kilda, yakking non-stop. The thing with Yiyi and Vivian is, even though they are younger than me, but no matter what topic you talk to them, they can tell you so many things! That's why we can yak from morning til well after midnight if we want to!




The 3 pretty gals that were my company... Hehe... And the 4th is just a tired panda sipping her orange juice...

Entree no. 1: Salad with shredded papaya and squid with a sour-ish dressing

Entree no. 2: Spring rolls

Entree no. 3: Thai roti
Tastes like Indian roti but in a different shape

Mains no. 1: Pad thai with chicken

Mains no. 2: Chicken green curry

Mains no. 3: Seafood stir-fried... Real spicy, but real nice!


Coffee and desserts at Abbey Road afterwards
Left: Not sure of the name for this, but it's made of berries, cream and pavlova
Right: Banana split
There were 2 over 40 degrees days and I was on the verge of dying especially when I was at home. No air-conditioning in my room.... My little fan does not help at all! Then amazingly, last night spotted a cool change that was really cooling.... But I realized I need to wear a cardigan. Melbourne's weather is seriously very weird and unpredictable. So far the forecast has not stated any other 40 degrees days, which is good! I really hate the heat... I was really glad I get to work in the office on those days with atrocious heat waves....
Comments