Meet-up with Jingyan. Good-bye to So Yeon

Last night, we had a mini dinner gathering for Jingyan. It was initially for her because we know she has came back to Melbourne for her work permanently (she was stationed in Woodonga before - very far from here as that is a town near the borders of NSW). It was during dinner that we learnt that So Yeon is going to Sydney to further her studies today (Friday). Daniel never mentioned that to us before! Therefore, the dinner sort of turned into a 'good-bye' dinner for So Yeon as well... Well well...

I was the organizer of this dinner, but then it was short notice, therefore not everyone could come. The 'singles' like me and Ai-lin could definitely make it. Other people who are married or with kids couldn't, which was understandable. Since I was lost at where to eat, and was trying to find somewhere convenient (Jingyan had to leave earlier because she has things to do before work tomorrow), I chose to book at Oriental Spoon in the end. Haven't been there since last Easter. The place was newly renovated. Having been there a few times before they renovated, I realized all the differences the moment I sat down.We ordered too much food though - Jap Chae, Pork Bulgogi, seafood pancake, dumplings, bibimbap, chicken tangsoo.... Couldn't finish even though the usual 'rubbish bin' Clarice tried her best to finish things up...

Oriental Spoon gave our table a bag of Korean rice and 2010 calendar as a gift. I wasn't sure if those gifts were meant for us because we made a booking, or because our table spent more than $100... The service staff did not manage to communicate with us properly in English (though he could have spoken Korean as So Yeon is Korean, and the rest of us can understand most of it). But my friends voted to pass these 'gifts' to me... Now I am looking at the bag of rice wondering when I will ever be cooking them... I hardly eat at home now since I work so much. And I already have a 2010 calendar...

Photobucket
Jingyan, So Yeon and Daniel

Photobucket
Ai-lin and me

Photobucket
So Yeon and Daniel awed over their dol-sot bibimbap

Photobucket
Jingyan, be careful don't pour too much chilli sauce over your rice!

Photobucket
Everybody
No one is actually looking at the camera... Why? Cuz there were 2 cameras and we were still looking at the first one before the second one went off.... :]

Photobucket
All the food we ordered...
I will post most of these food pictures on my other (commercial) blog, which I am still in the process of setting up... Therefore will not elaborate here.


I can't wait before Korean 7 starts next month (fingers crossed!)
55 more days til my trip.
Wish So Yeon all the best in Sydney!

Comments