23 Months Zoe - My Little Comfort

Any sensible adult do not actually possess the ability to provide me with comfort. However, an almost 2 year old toddler can, despite her crying and the mess she creates. Love Eva's little girl to bits!!! She's such a cute darling!

Met Eva and Zoe at Watergardens last Sunday to have lunch with them at Hog's Breath. Food was average. Coffee was bad. Service was bad too. The only thing there I can agree about: Ambience. It's good we have Zoe as our company. She is 23 months now, turning 2 years old next month... And she has started calling 'Daddy' and 'Mommy' and trying to talk, however, we usually cannot make out what she's trying to say (she can even call me! But only halfway because she can only pronounce 'ah' but not 'yi'). I gave her a pop-up storybook called "Giraffe Can't Dance" as a belated Christmas present. She was amused with the giraffe that 'popped' up when she flipped the book open to its first page. I felt happy to see her so happy...

Could it be because I am getting older, and being a female, loving kids is just a mother's nature? Kids' innocence always makes me melt, knowing that the people and things that surround us are full of hypocrisy and cruelty. Sometimes, the reality makes me want to go back to being a kid. At least then I will have nothing to worry about.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Pictures with darling Zoe.


Recently, I have been working so much.... I hardly have time for myself anymore. 2 lunches, 5-6 dinners, plus 2 or 3 days at the office. It's killing me... Really... Everyday I live by shifting between jobs, and getting 4 hours sleep. I think I have strained my back from work, but then I cannot stop. Before I find myself a proper full-time, I cannot stop. True, money is not everything, but without money, you cannot do anything! The power of having your own savings is so great, I will advise anyone not to overlook it. Have always lived by the motto: DO what you can when you are young, and save up when you are young. For you never know what will happen in future that you will appreciate having prepared an adequate shelter all these while.

Plus, I am still in the stages of planning my trip. I am DEFINITELY going away for 3 weeks, but then I need to work out when is the best date to fly out. I have conditions to abide: I CANNOT miss any more than 2 Korean classes; I am trying not to go at a time when it's gonna be really cold so as to avoid bringing a huge luggage with only a couple of big clothings; I want to be back by end of April because 2 very good friends will be flying in and I do not want to miss them; and last but not least, how best to make the best out of my trip.

Currently, my plan is to fly out end of March to Hong Kong, stay for 5-6 days, and make my way to Seoul, for probably 9-10 days. And I will go back home too, but only for (probably) 3 days. I will be flying solo this time round, and it will be a challenge for me. Really (x100000) looking forward! In Hong Kong, I will probably be meeting friends there, and see if they will have time to bring me around, or if not, we can always catch up... (I've been to HK twice many years ago anyway, so it should be OK if I just eat, shop, and simply roam about aimlessly). In Korea, I will be solely on my own as most of my Korean friends are here in Melbourne, and they most likely wouldn't be in Korea in April during the school semester. Looks like I need some intensive brushing up of my command in Korean! Hopefully I will converse alright.... But Korea will be where the real challenge starts. I've never been there, and I've already have a list of places I want to explore. Direction-stupidity and map-illiteracy mustn't happen in a foreign place, therefore before I go I will have to resource everything carefully.

And if I drop by Singapore (I am thinking if I should actually... Seems like a bit of a rush), it will most probably be spent with family, since it is only going to be a couple of days. Maybe I can squeeze in time for a couple of friends too.... Will see how everything goes...

OK... better stop thinking about my trip here, even though I know I do need a holiday.... don't want to get all excited when it is still another 2 months away.... Meanwhile, slave away..... Lunch + dinner shifts tomorrow. Better get that butt into bed....

Comments

woo... someone coming back to S'pore for a few days...
Clarice said…
yeah.... will swing by like tarzan and then back to melbourne... :p