Alvin's 30th Birthday Party

Last evening, I attended Alvin's 30th birthday bash at his place in Brunswick.

His theme for his 30th birthday party was to travel on board with him on a 'plane', therefore we all can go as anything related to 'travelling on a plane'. In other words, it is a 'fancy dress party'. I have decided to go as a passenger, since I have nothing fancy, but decided to wear a hat and bring a big bag to make myself look more touristy. Ai-lin has gotten her sleeping eye patch, a Lemo camera, and a Lonely Planet (which in the end she did not take out). Daniel, Mary and Tony simply went like their old selves (passengers). Cathy decided to travel first class and wore pearls around her neck. Saw many of Alvin's friends dressed up as air-stewardess/terrorists/Arabs/superman (?)/a bunny (!!)/airport crew etc etc... Interesting...

He's got lots of friends over (probably about 50-60 people in the house), therefore there wasn't much chance to actually chat with him, nor did we get to mingle around. Mary and Tony brought their little son Nathan (13months) over as well, therefore our attention was all diverted to the little Prince Charming. He's another cute little one, whom I've seen from a little newborn til now. Although I do not get to see him as much as I get to see and play with Zoe, but I love playing with Nathan just as much. He's so cheeky, and he doesn't cry around strangers anymore. In fact, he gets close to us pretty soon, and allowed me - the clumsy one - to carry him! :)

They didn't have a lot of food at the party. It was mainly the big spit roast which had all the chunky meat on it to be 'shaved' into smaller pieces after they are cooked. That did not interest me considering that they all seem to look the same after they're roasted, and there's mutton amongst them (which I do not take). Other food includes stir-fried noodles, pita bread, french loaf, vegetarian pizza, potato salad (which was seriously yummy) and other types of salads. Lots of alcohol though. I also brought a bottle of champagne over. Got to know Brad, a middle-age man who used to learn Korean, and has been learning Cantonese for the past 5 years. It was kind of weird to speak Cantonese with a Caucasian guy! But I reckon his Cantonese is pretty good, probably even better than mine! At least he went for proper classes whereas I simply self-taught Cantonese.

Alvin had a green tea cake for his 30th, which tasted really nice~ And we saw his girlfriend (new one) called Susan for the first time, though he never officially introduce her. Even Daniel did not know he has got a new gf (considering the two of them are quite close friends) until we saw for ourselves yesterday. Don't know why Alvin is so discreet about her...

Had fun overall... We left the party at 11pm and Ai-lin drove me and Daniel to Lygon's Street's "Gelo-Bar" to have some gelati (since Ai-lin was really craving for one). I had an orange sherbert one; Ai-lin had a nougat one; and Daniel had a raspberry one. Reached home 12.30am.

Photobucket
Alvin in his pilot suit, standing right behind the burning split roast pit...
Asked if he felt hot. He said YES! But for the sake of the theme of his party, he will endure!


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
With the birthday boy/pilot, Alvin...

Photobucket
So much salads, breads and noodles...
No wonder Ai-lin was awed...


Photobucket
Babies/Toddlers bright up our lives...
Nathan is so cute... Such a cheeky little boy!

Photobucket
There was another little boy (17months) at the party... They made friends!

Photobucket Photobucket
Nathan and his mommy Mary, and daddy Tony.

Photobucket
Nathan with me!

Photobucket
Alvin with his birthday cake... with his gf beside him.


Photobucket
With Alvin and 'awww-ing' at the cake...

Photobucket
A close-up shot of the green tea cake.

Photobucket
Happy 30th, Alvin!

Photobucket
And our stop to Gelo-Bar at Lygon's.
I took these pics to save them as contact pictures on my iphone...
But of cuz, I took one of myself too... :p


The weather is getting hotter now, and the average temperature in the day now is 32 degrees. I feel like I am melting already... What comes summer, when the temperature will rocket up to 40 over degrees???? I am totally dreading it....


Had a really good weekend! Now I have to go fix myself some lunch, and then get ready for work at Sozai... Back to work tomorrow, in my old department... hope it will be a slightly better change!


Comments

Singapore is like rainy and little sun. My clothes and tat prc's clothes are like taking at least 2 days to dry off nicely...

Popular Posts