I. Want. To. QUIT.
I am more or less determined now - TO QUIT MY FULL TIME JOB and find a new one. Especially after Monday, I felt that it is really time to leave this totally screwed up company.
I have had a horrid day on Monday, which I wouldn't go into details. After my conversation with my manager, I felt the sudden urge to quit right there and then. Unfortunately , I didn't just do that. Probably I should have been brave enough. There are so many things to consider: what if I did not find a job soon enough? Will I be able to save up enough money for my future plans if that is the case? Will Sozai give me enough? Will I be sitting at home doing nothing for too long? I have seen many friends of mine here who are still out of jobs since graduation. Will this happen to me too if I quit?
They say that Australian's economy is picking up. There are more opportunities out there now. Is that really the case? How can one be sure?
It is all these money issues that make me think twice. Many people has told me to find a job first before quitting. I thought that is the correct way too... However I am so unhappy every day at work I do not know if it is all worth it.
Right now, I still haven't come up with a very good solution. In the meantime, I proposed to myself that I will have to make up my mind to stay, or to leave, by 31st of this month. If I choose to leave, I will give 2 weeks notice and leave middle of next month. If I choose to stay, there isn't much difference either as I will not work any time beyond January next year. The only difference is whether I have the patience to endure the extra 2-3 months.
But of course, if a new job comes knocking on my door, I will be ready to leave anytime.
I hate the feeling of dread every morning when I have to wake up before I am too late. I have been arriving at work at 9am (by right I should start at 8.30am), and have my full hour lunch break, and then leaving by 5.15pm. I used to arrive at 8.30am, give myself no lunch break (ate at my desk) and leave at 7pm (if I don't have to work at night)... See the difference? Is there really any point to continue working there? You tell me... : (
I have had a horrid day on Monday, which I wouldn't go into details. After my conversation with my manager, I felt the sudden urge to quit right there and then. Unfortunately , I didn't just do that. Probably I should have been brave enough. There are so many things to consider: what if I did not find a job soon enough? Will I be able to save up enough money for my future plans if that is the case? Will Sozai give me enough? Will I be sitting at home doing nothing for too long? I have seen many friends of mine here who are still out of jobs since graduation. Will this happen to me too if I quit?
They say that Australian's economy is picking up. There are more opportunities out there now. Is that really the case? How can one be sure?
It is all these money issues that make me think twice. Many people has told me to find a job first before quitting. I thought that is the correct way too... However I am so unhappy every day at work I do not know if it is all worth it.
Right now, I still haven't come up with a very good solution. In the meantime, I proposed to myself that I will have to make up my mind to stay, or to leave, by 31st of this month. If I choose to leave, I will give 2 weeks notice and leave middle of next month. If I choose to stay, there isn't much difference either as I will not work any time beyond January next year. The only difference is whether I have the patience to endure the extra 2-3 months.
But of course, if a new job comes knocking on my door, I will be ready to leave anytime.
I hate the feeling of dread every morning when I have to wake up before I am too late. I have been arriving at work at 9am (by right I should start at 8.30am), and have my full hour lunch break, and then leaving by 5.15pm. I used to arrive at 8.30am, give myself no lunch break (ate at my desk) and leave at 7pm (if I don't have to work at night)... See the difference? Is there really any point to continue working there? You tell me... : (
Comments
well, weigh out ur options, ur happiness or cash, job satisfaction or the stable income... in the meanwhile, keep your eyes peeled for better job opportunity else where.
juz wondering, if you work in Sozai as full time after quitting your Bevilles job, would the income be enuff to substain your daily life??? if the answer is yes, den i guess quitting Bevilles isn't such a bad choice afterall...
but honestly i'm not very well-paid in bevilles. after tax deduction, my hour rate is just a bit more than my restaurant rate. no major difference.
i am still thinking about it. one more week of decision. see how it goes...