I. LOVE. OYSTERS.
Fresh oysters are definitely making my mouth water. Especially those Japanese style ones with Ponzu sauce and tobiko. I can literally feel the explosion my taste buds whilst trying to savor the incredibly tasty combination (if that makes sense).

Our sushi and sashimi platter. There were 2p ebi nigiri, 2p white fish nigiri, 2p tuna nigiri, 4 rolls of california inside/out with tobiko, 3 slices of tuna sashimi, 6 slices of salmon sashimi, and 6 slices of white fish sashimi.... Pretty big platter though it's just an entree size!
After our dinner at Aya, we went to Sozai and picked up Vivian, then we went to Cafe Notturno on Lygon Street to have some supper. Vivian was hungry so she had her chilli prawns and eggplant chips. The pizza there is good too, therefore we ordered a small serve of pizza. I was craving for ice-cream and ordered jaffa/oreo cookies/rainbow 3 scoops of ice-cream.
Somehow I have a liking for Japanese food, as well as Korean. Came to realize that whenever we eat out, it's either Korean or Japanese. But I have to admit, Japanese food is very popular with almost everyone. Many people like sushi, whilst others like Japanese hot foods like teriyaki chicken and tempura. As for Korean, it is acquired taste I guess. Personally, Korean food 'ngam' my taste perfectly!
Next up I might want to try out some French cuisine. There is one in North Melbourne which is pretty good. Perhaps that would be my next stop! : )
Kanpai's namakaki (Japanese fresh oysters) tastes so splendid I want to go back soon again to have more!~
Their oysters are so fresh, and with their ponzu sauce and tobiko tastes sooooooooooooooooooo good!!! I was squealing with delight! Can easily have the entire platter to myself.
This was a Monday night that we went to have supper after work. Yiyi came to pick me and Vivian up after our shift and we went to Kanpai for supper. One of my favorite places. Their food is pretty good!
Friday night... Yiyi and I went to Aya (a few shops away from Sozai) to have dinner. Aya seems like a pretty 'high-class' place even though their price is quite similar to that of Sozai. Their namakaki is not bad too... Not as good as Kanpai though.
Also had chawan mushi (Japanese for steamed egg custard). This chawan mushi has mushrooms, chicken and shrimp. Pretty nice!
Tofu Salad - not something I would order, but then the
dressing is pretty good. I like the carrots and daikon, plus the seaweeds. The tofu is tender but I am not a big fan of tofu (though I do eat them). And since I hate tomato, that bit of tomato was Yiyi's job to finish. :)

Our sushi and sashimi platter. There were 2p ebi nigiri, 2p white fish nigiri, 2p tuna nigiri, 4 rolls of california inside/out with tobiko, 3 slices of tuna sashimi, 6 slices of salmon sashimi, and 6 slices of white fish sashimi.... Pretty big platter though it's just an entree size!
After our dinner at Aya, we went to Sozai and picked up Vivian, then we went to Cafe Notturno on Lygon Street to have some supper. Vivian was hungry so she had her chilli prawns and eggplant chips. The pizza there is good too, therefore we ordered a small serve of pizza. I was craving for ice-cream and ordered jaffa/oreo cookies/rainbow 3 scoops of ice-cream.
Somehow I have a liking for Japanese food, as well as Korean. Came to realize that whenever we eat out, it's either Korean or Japanese. But I have to admit, Japanese food is very popular with almost everyone. Many people like sushi, whilst others like Japanese hot foods like teriyaki chicken and tempura. As for Korean, it is acquired taste I guess. Personally, Korean food 'ngam' my taste perfectly!
Next up I might want to try out some French cuisine. There is one in North Melbourne which is pretty good. Perhaps that would be my next stop! : )




Comments