Taking a Deep Breath
Apart from my bold 'affirmation' on Tuesday night, I also took Wednesday night off, so letting myself have 2 nights off and have a much-deserved rest (I don't usually work Thursday nights anyway since I've got Korean classes)... I enjoyed these 2 nights tremendously! After work on Wednesday, I intended to do some window shopping and then head home to brew my (much-needed) herbal soup. However, I bumped into Chris just outside Melbourne Central, and he had dinner plans with Ray, and asked me to join since it's rare I happen not to be working that night. I didn't intend to join initially, but then I relented and we went to Noodle Kingdom (家家乐) to have their home-made beef noodles, as well as other dishes such as 炒年糕, 葱油饼, cold chicken and crispy seaweed... It was a filling and delicious meal indeed! We finished dinner with soya milk drink, and then headed home after that.
On Thursday, I went for Korean class as usual, and we have a substitute teacher since Hye Ri couldn't make it for class. Our teacher was Ms Song Seon Yi and she was pretty good too. She revised direct and indirect speeches with us by asking us what we did over the long weekend. However, she taught us a little differently from what Hye Ri has taught us, but we get too learn new things anyway. After class, the usual gang from the class hung out for dinner. This time round, I suggested eating at this new Korean restaurant on Russell Street called 서울 떡배기 (don't ask me what it actually means, besides the direct pronunciation of 'Seoul Ddok Bae Gi")... So all of us had a try of the food there. It wasn't too bad actually, but the restaurant was too quiet than normal. All of us shared seafood pancake and pan-fried dumplings together, and ordered our own individual dishes. I couldn't decide between Jajang Myeong, Al-tang (spicy fish roe soup), Kimchi Chigae and Samgae Tang (chicken ginseng soup). In the end I chose Kimchi Chigae because everyone were waiting (ever SO patiently) for me to make up my mind, that I just have to randomly choose one~

Our entree

My kimchi chigae

Alvin and Daniel's Dol-sot Bibimbap

Ai-lin's chicken ginseng soup
The rice was wrapped inside the chicken!
And I didn't take photo of Jingyan's food cuz her Al-tang looks similar to mine (reddish soup)... just difference in ingredients.

Daniel and Jingyan

Jingyan and me

Ai-lin and me...

Alvin and Daniel



Photos together...
I must say, I enjoy Thursdays the most. I love Korean classes, as well as the dinner after that. However, we will be having a break next week, and the Thursday the week after next would be our last class... 마지막 수업 싫어!! 다음 한국어 수업은 이월 십오일 시작해요... Level 4 를 친구들 한다 고했어요!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of Korean, I've also finished watching 환상의 커플, and I must say, it was a simply HILARIOUS drama! I laughed so much whilst watching it, and had so much fun! Definitely de-stressed me! Leads Han Ye-Sul, Oh Ji Ho and Kim Sung Min are so funny! It's about this snobbish, rude and demanding filthy-rich lady Anna Jo (Han Ye-Sul) who is so controlling over her timid husband Billy Park (Kim Sung Min), one day fell over her yacht drunk, and lost all her memories. She was brought home by this guy she had squabbles over different issues called Jang Chul-Sul, and he took advantage of her memory loss to get her to do all of his housework, and giving her a new name "Na Sang-Shil" (literally meaning, 'losing everything'). Little do they know, living together under one roof brought them closer together, and a new love developed from their everyday (quarrelsome) interactions, and thus reduced their hatred for each other.
Must watch! Makes you laugh like crazy! Honestly, I prefer funny Korean drama than those melo-dramatic ones.

Oh Ji Ho has such a hot bod!!
And I thought Han Ye-Sul is really pretty too... I love the small-ness of her face~ I envy those actresses with small faces, but with big features, because that's the only way you can look good on TV!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I just got my FULL LICENSE!!!!! Yay!! I took some time off from work and went down to Vic Roads just today (or rather, on Friday afternoon) and I converted my P plate license to a full license. My P plate has expired last month and I haven't found time to get to Vic Roads. It has been 3 years since I've first obtained my license... Time really flies! I can now drive under no restrictions (other than with the influence of alcohol and drugs of course!) and I can rent a car if I want to too! Yay!

Can't get a good photo of my license but I guess it doesn't matter...
Now I really want to save up to get myself a car!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random one, but recently I've been pretty addicted to Danish cookies with their beautiful tin boxes... I'm already on to my 3rd big box now.... Gosh! I am so gonna gain weight because of that! I have them beside me on my desk and I just kept eating them whilst surfing the net or watching movies. It's such a sinful, yet delightful treat!

And I admit I get very attracted to the tin boxes as well... I don't know what I can do with three (or maybe more to come??) of them now....
Anyway, next week I'll be working 4 nights at the restaurant. A couple of my colleagues have finished their exams and are back to work. Now it's their turn to work the 6 nights~ And I anticipate next Saturday because it's the first time in what seems like an ETERNITY that I get a FULL DAY OFF. Can't wait for that! : )
On Thursday, I went for Korean class as usual, and we have a substitute teacher since Hye Ri couldn't make it for class. Our teacher was Ms Song Seon Yi and she was pretty good too. She revised direct and indirect speeches with us by asking us what we did over the long weekend. However, she taught us a little differently from what Hye Ri has taught us, but we get too learn new things anyway. After class, the usual gang from the class hung out for dinner. This time round, I suggested eating at this new Korean restaurant on Russell Street called 서울 떡배기 (don't ask me what it actually means, besides the direct pronunciation of 'Seoul Ddok Bae Gi")... So all of us had a try of the food there. It wasn't too bad actually, but the restaurant was too quiet than normal. All of us shared seafood pancake and pan-fried dumplings together, and ordered our own individual dishes. I couldn't decide between Jajang Myeong, Al-tang (spicy fish roe soup), Kimchi Chigae and Samgae Tang (chicken ginseng soup). In the end I chose Kimchi Chigae because everyone were waiting (ever SO patiently) for me to make up my mind, that I just have to randomly choose one~

Our entree

My kimchi chigae

Alvin and Daniel's Dol-sot Bibimbap

Ai-lin's chicken ginseng soup
The rice was wrapped inside the chicken!
And I didn't take photo of Jingyan's food cuz her Al-tang looks similar to mine (reddish soup)... just difference in ingredients.

Daniel and Jingyan

Jingyan and me

Ai-lin and me...

Alvin and Daniel



Photos together...
I must say, I enjoy Thursdays the most. I love Korean classes, as well as the dinner after that. However, we will be having a break next week, and the Thursday the week after next would be our last class... 마지막 수업 싫어!! 다음 한국어 수업은 이월 십오일 시작해요... Level 4 를 친구들 한다 고했어요!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of Korean, I've also finished watching 환상의 커플, and I must say, it was a simply HILARIOUS drama! I laughed so much whilst watching it, and had so much fun! Definitely de-stressed me! Leads Han Ye-Sul, Oh Ji Ho and Kim Sung Min are so funny! It's about this snobbish, rude and demanding filthy-rich lady Anna Jo (Han Ye-Sul) who is so controlling over her timid husband Billy Park (Kim Sung Min), one day fell over her yacht drunk, and lost all her memories. She was brought home by this guy she had squabbles over different issues called Jang Chul-Sul, and he took advantage of her memory loss to get her to do all of his housework, and giving her a new name "Na Sang-Shil" (literally meaning, 'losing everything'). Little do they know, living together under one roof brought them closer together, and a new love developed from their everyday (quarrelsome) interactions, and thus reduced their hatred for each other.
Must watch! Makes you laugh like crazy! Honestly, I prefer funny Korean drama than those melo-dramatic ones.

Oh Ji Ho has such a hot bod!!
And I thought Han Ye-Sul is really pretty too... I love the small-ness of her face~ I envy those actresses with small faces, but with big features, because that's the only way you can look good on TV!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I just got my FULL LICENSE!!!!! Yay!! I took some time off from work and went down to Vic Roads just today (or rather, on Friday afternoon) and I converted my P plate license to a full license. My P plate has expired last month and I haven't found time to get to Vic Roads. It has been 3 years since I've first obtained my license... Time really flies! I can now drive under no restrictions (other than with the influence of alcohol and drugs of course!) and I can rent a car if I want to too! Yay!

Can't get a good photo of my license but I guess it doesn't matter...
Now I really want to save up to get myself a car!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random one, but recently I've been pretty addicted to Danish cookies with their beautiful tin boxes... I'm already on to my 3rd big box now.... Gosh! I am so gonna gain weight because of that! I have them beside me on my desk and I just kept eating them whilst surfing the net or watching movies. It's such a sinful, yet delightful treat!

And I admit I get very attracted to the tin boxes as well... I don't know what I can do with three (or maybe more to come??) of them now....
Anyway, next week I'll be working 4 nights at the restaurant. A couple of my colleagues have finished their exams and are back to work. Now it's their turn to work the 6 nights~ And I anticipate next Saturday because it's the first time in what seems like an ETERNITY that I get a FULL DAY OFF. Can't wait for that! : )
Comments