My Own Room At Last!

The past two weeks have really been hectic for me~ Besides having increased shifts at both jobs, I was also busy cleaning up and setting up my new room, which has been let to me FINALLY since last Sunday (The guy in the room moved to the living room til he finds a place). However, I did not move in immediately cuz I am desperate to air the room, which smelled really stale, with the "PRC" smell. Dang... I never knew PRC guys smell that way! I aired the room for 2 full days before doing a thorough clean-through with soap sprays and anti-bacterial wipes, then mopping the floor at least 5 times... and TA-DA!! My room's ready!

On Tuesday, the DIY wardrobe that I've purchased at Howards Storage World arrived. I spent 1 hour doing the assembling all by myself. Honestly, I have never tried assembling any furniture all by myself before. Fortunately the wardrobe's easy to assemble with the instruction manual. Plus, the wooden material is not heavy. After assembling, I hung up my clothes, arranged my desk, mattress, bookshelf, small make-up table, my storage box, suitcase, and other belongings into my new room. I love it! It's simple, and not too cramped, and simply... my very own space! I've been craving for this personal space for a long time now, and finally I have it! It's definitely a dream come true for me!

I've purposely arranged my room in a way that is somewhat similar to my room in Singapore... Kinda miss my room back home... It's still different no matter how I try to arrange it, but it's good enough. However, there is still a lingering smell that I hope to get rid of... My colleague, Van, suggested cutting up 3-4kg of onions and soak them in the water to absorb the smell. Rich suggested calcium carbonate, which will rid the smell effectively. Might go for the latter, cuz I can't picture myself cutting up all those onions!

When everything's more settled I'll probably post a picture of my own room... For now, I'm contented to just enjoy in my own 'nest' and watch my dramas... :)

Comments

heehee... PRC smell... tell me abt it... I smell it daily... Luckily their room is closed most of the time. Haha...
Clarice said…
well i think PRC girls don't smell so much... u shld try smelling PRC GUYS!!! BIANG WEI!! -__-;;;

Popular Posts