Soulstar
My weekend was horrendously LONG (wed-sun) but then I had a nice break in order to get ready for this hectic week. Fortunately this weekend wasn't as mundane as last weekend. It was jammed-packed with activities.
On ANZAC day, I finally got to visit the IKEA here with Chris. For some reason I love the feeling of entering IKEA, and looking around the furniture and its display without any intention of purchasing. I also love looking at home decorations. It was great walking around there, its feeling not too different from the IKEA in Singapore. Oh, and after our shopping and dinner at Dessert House, we met up with Sha for coffee after her work and it was great seeing her again.
Then, Chris and I came up with a 'plan'. We each got ourself a medium-sized hermit crab at the pet store. Chris wanted it so bad, and I thought they are kinda cute... However, due to space limitation at where I am staying, I decided to leave my hermit crab with Chris with the company of his hermit crab. Just for the time being. Hopefully this weekend I can go visit them.
On Sunday, I went over to Yongshan and Suya's place and we brewed home-made bak-kut-teh, together with their housemate Xueliang. Chris also baked some butter fish and we had a delicious meal. Chit-chatted and played games, and had a lot of fun.
Monday and Tuesday tire me out completely. Having only a few hours sleep on Sunday night, Monday was already getting tough for me when I reported to work from 9am-5pm, then at the restaurant from 6-10.30pm. Then comes Tuesday with the same story. I was aghast at my performance at the restaurant on Tuesday... Even remembered the wrong table number and sent meals to the wrong table! DAMN! I bet I left a bad impression! Sigh... Furthermore, these 2 days were extremely CHILLY and it's freezing like hell. Perhaps most of us are still adapting to the cold change, because many of my colleagues were telling me that they are starting to fall sick, and before long I realized that I myself, too, seem to be falling sick. For a person who can bear the cold like me, I find walking on the streets at night in the chilly air totally unbearable. Either that, or my body temperature has been really weird. Either way, I know I will need to take care, and perhaps start injecting the vitamin C and get lots of sleep.
Working at the restaurant couldn't be any more tiring. First up, I haven't worked in the restaurant for more than half a year. Secondly, Sozai is a high class restaurant with many rules and regulations, and the way to serve a customer is that of a high standard - from serving food to clearing plates - all requires quality. Thirdly, for a person with bad memory like me, it was hell when I have to remember so many details as well as the dishes each table has ordered even though I am not the one ordering it. Things like taking note which table has finished their entree and clear away their plates, then summoning the kitchen to start the mains... as well as when you can clear an empty plate and when you can't. I couldn't seem to get all those in mind straightaway. There are many details I overlooked because even though I had a lot of experience working in a restaurant, but then the restaurants I've worked at are more of a fast-paced, affordable-priced 'cafe' style, therefore I wasn't taught the proper way. So many things to learn and it is definitely stressful. Therefore after I finished work, I can literally feel myself being torn apart from all the concentration and pressure. And note: the restaurant is not even as busy as what I've experienced before.
Sometimes I really do not know if I am really that stupid or what... I seem to pick up things a lot slower than a normal person does. Needless to say, my memory is so bloody bad that even I find myself ridiculous. Am I born like that? Or is it attributed to something else??
The comfort I seek now is through this fantastic album by this underrated Korean group called Soulstar. They are like the Korean version of Boyz II Men, and I simply love their songs in their "Soulstar Vol. 1" album. Ultimate favorites include "Pabo", "Under your love" and "Jesus I love thee". I've got one of their songs, "In my bed" on my imeem music list (on the right panel) so do click and listen. I swear train rides are heavenly because of them. And not to mention, it's like salonpas to an aching muscle after a day of work. THUMBS UP!

Am I glad I get a night OFF at the restaurant tomorrow (Wed). But then, I made plans to make a trip down to Clayton to get some of my things. I am seriously missing some of my clothes, and especially more winter clothes to top up the short supply I have with me now...
And as if miracle has decided to happen for me, we started talking after our big argument on Sunday night. He made tea for me on Monday night after I came home exhausted from work, and lent me a book (his recommendation). Sweet gesture, considering the entire month of horrible cold war. He knocked on my door multiple times to ask me different questions, and though nothing beyond that has happened, I am glad he has started to warm up towards me. Not too sure if this 'warmth' is here to stay for long term, but then, any amount of warmness is always welcomed in this chilly beckoning of the winter...
"It is not the cards life deals you that defines you; but the way you play them"
On ANZAC day, I finally got to visit the IKEA here with Chris. For some reason I love the feeling of entering IKEA, and looking around the furniture and its display without any intention of purchasing. I also love looking at home decorations. It was great walking around there, its feeling not too different from the IKEA in Singapore. Oh, and after our shopping and dinner at Dessert House, we met up with Sha for coffee after her work and it was great seeing her again.
Then, Chris and I came up with a 'plan'. We each got ourself a medium-sized hermit crab at the pet store. Chris wanted it so bad, and I thought they are kinda cute... However, due to space limitation at where I am staying, I decided to leave my hermit crab with Chris with the company of his hermit crab. Just for the time being. Hopefully this weekend I can go visit them.
On Sunday, I went over to Yongshan and Suya's place and we brewed home-made bak-kut-teh, together with their housemate Xueliang. Chris also baked some butter fish and we had a delicious meal. Chit-chatted and played games, and had a lot of fun.
Monday and Tuesday tire me out completely. Having only a few hours sleep on Sunday night, Monday was already getting tough for me when I reported to work from 9am-5pm, then at the restaurant from 6-10.30pm. Then comes Tuesday with the same story. I was aghast at my performance at the restaurant on Tuesday... Even remembered the wrong table number and sent meals to the wrong table! DAMN! I bet I left a bad impression! Sigh... Furthermore, these 2 days were extremely CHILLY and it's freezing like hell. Perhaps most of us are still adapting to the cold change, because many of my colleagues were telling me that they are starting to fall sick, and before long I realized that I myself, too, seem to be falling sick. For a person who can bear the cold like me, I find walking on the streets at night in the chilly air totally unbearable. Either that, or my body temperature has been really weird. Either way, I know I will need to take care, and perhaps start injecting the vitamin C and get lots of sleep.
Working at the restaurant couldn't be any more tiring. First up, I haven't worked in the restaurant for more than half a year. Secondly, Sozai is a high class restaurant with many rules and regulations, and the way to serve a customer is that of a high standard - from serving food to clearing plates - all requires quality. Thirdly, for a person with bad memory like me, it was hell when I have to remember so many details as well as the dishes each table has ordered even though I am not the one ordering it. Things like taking note which table has finished their entree and clear away their plates, then summoning the kitchen to start the mains... as well as when you can clear an empty plate and when you can't. I couldn't seem to get all those in mind straightaway. There are many details I overlooked because even though I had a lot of experience working in a restaurant, but then the restaurants I've worked at are more of a fast-paced, affordable-priced 'cafe' style, therefore I wasn't taught the proper way. So many things to learn and it is definitely stressful. Therefore after I finished work, I can literally feel myself being torn apart from all the concentration and pressure. And note: the restaurant is not even as busy as what I've experienced before.
Sometimes I really do not know if I am really that stupid or what... I seem to pick up things a lot slower than a normal person does. Needless to say, my memory is so bloody bad that even I find myself ridiculous. Am I born like that? Or is it attributed to something else??
The comfort I seek now is through this fantastic album by this underrated Korean group called Soulstar. They are like the Korean version of Boyz II Men, and I simply love their songs in their "Soulstar Vol. 1" album. Ultimate favorites include "Pabo", "Under your love" and "Jesus I love thee". I've got one of their songs, "In my bed" on my imeem music list (on the right panel) so do click and listen. I swear train rides are heavenly because of them. And not to mention, it's like salonpas to an aching muscle after a day of work. THUMBS UP!

Am I glad I get a night OFF at the restaurant tomorrow (Wed). But then, I made plans to make a trip down to Clayton to get some of my things. I am seriously missing some of my clothes, and especially more winter clothes to top up the short supply I have with me now...
And as if miracle has decided to happen for me, we started talking after our big argument on Sunday night. He made tea for me on Monday night after I came home exhausted from work, and lent me a book (his recommendation). Sweet gesture, considering the entire month of horrible cold war. He knocked on my door multiple times to ask me different questions, and though nothing beyond that has happened, I am glad he has started to warm up towards me. Not too sure if this 'warmth' is here to stay for long term, but then, any amount of warmness is always welcomed in this chilly beckoning of the winter...
"It is not the cards life deals you that defines you; but the way you play them"
Comments