More Updates...

YAY... more updates~ In such a short period of time... hahaha... Well, I'm getting kinda 'fresh' with my new blog layout, so much so I'm being such a 'boh-liao' person, always accessing my blog whenever I'm with a PC instead of doing proper work... lol...

Anyway, yesterday (Friday) was the day I did my very first radio program! Something I've been wanting to do for ages... It was even better on a Friday 4pm because there was hardly anyone walking around the Airport Lounge in Campus Centre of Monash Clayton, so it was really quiet. I can get kind of jittery if there are lots of people gathering around outside (really.... I get that feeling when I read the news on Wednesdays at 1pm), so when there's not alot of people peering in, I feel more relaxed.

Either way, "CLARICE'S DEDICATIONS" went on-air live, and I'm all by myself in the studio... Everything's new to me, and no one is around for me in case I needed help. So I'm pretty much thrown in the studio with hopes to survive the entire program. Apparently the 3pm show's DJ did not come in for his/her session, so the music was just on automate. I went into the studio at 3.30pm to get ready. I sat around and put all the songs I was going to play on the playlist, and just relaxed... Took pictures as well since I have my camera with me. Lol... When 4pm came, I went on-air, and started talking. I had my script ready actually, so I just looked at it and talked... I felt quite comfortable talking too... Since it's my first show, there wasn't awareness (yet), I did not get any mails for dedications. So, I made up some 'dedications', and focused on other sections, like small talk, and played music. I added in a segment called "Clarice's recommendations" and I'll recommend a song that is currently jamming on my mp3 player. This week, I recommended New Found Glory's "Boulders", one of my high-time favorites, and NFG is my fave band too~ I managed to keep everything under control, didn't screw anything up, and I praise myself for time management, because I managed to say goodbye by 4.59pm and signed off with a song at 5pm sharp. That was a great start!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The studio...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Took a self-cam there... on timer mode... being a real poser here lol...

Just added:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Played around with Adobe Photoshop, and created this
It's like... it's a dream that seems so real, yet so hazy still... (also on my Friendster)

I don't care how many people are actually listening to me. Maybe some people are tuning in over www.radiomonash.net, but it was a great experience... to host my own show... My dream... hopefully it will come true one day in a proper commercial radio station! That is where I dream to be... The feeling of sitting infront of the microphone with my headphones and all the buttons in front of me - FANTASTIC. I feel that that place belongs to me~

One thing about the RadioMonash website is... it's not very... current. Seems like whoever maintaining the website did not faithfully update. My ads were not up yet, and my name wasn't up on the timetable either (in fact, I also know Natz and Dinu's "Jam Pot" show on Wed right after my news bulletin, wasn't up on the website either, and they have been doing their show much longer than me already...). But, if you clicked on the 'Now Playing' button on Friday, between 4-5pm, you can still hear me, but under a different program name. Alot of updating needs to be done there! However, the timetable in the studio's white board already has my name and the name of my show down, but it's just for the reference of the people from Radio Monash... Oh well *shrugs*

*****************************************************

For the past 2 years, there was never a Friday I am free. Every single Friday I have to work... from Yoyogi, to Chom Chom... I was never spared on a Friday... Every Friday when I work, I remembered envying (or was I actually jealous??) of people who came in groups to have dinner, people who did their shopping (Fri is late night shopping!) or just people who are chillin', hanging out and having fun. YET I HAVE TO WORK!!!! ARGH!!!! That feeling was so filled with... self-pity..

For the sake of money, I sacrificed. However, since quitting my job, I have my Fridays entirely FREE now~ Last Friday it was heaven for me. This Friday, I was so free I asked Chris, Yong Shan and Suya for dinner~ Lol... It's time to meet them up too~ Chris has been asking me out for some time but I wasn't free... and I miss Yong Shan cuz I'm not working anymore... and of cuz, her sister Suya, someone with a pure heart whom I can talk to. Anyway I met up with them in the city at 7pm, and after much deciding, we ended up going to this small Beijing steamboat house for... steamboat! It was a perfect weather for steamboat too, since it was really chilly. We stuffed ourselves with fishballs, sotong balls, various vegetables, mushrooms, meat, crabstick, vermicelli, hand-made noodles etc etc.... It was nice... And very filling...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Just the fishballs and others... The meat hasn't arrived yet...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We ordered the yuanyang steamboat, but then, I'm the ONLY person who eats the side with the spicy base... Suya did grab something from the spicy side once in a while, but both she and Yongshan do not take alot of spicy food. As for Chris, he doesn't eat spicy food AT ALL... Yet for me, I don't even find the spicy base spicy at all.... : S

After steamboat, we craved for something sweet. So, we went to Sambal Kampung for desserts~ I had my usual banana fritters with ice-cream... Chris had his hot beancurd, Suya had her red bean sago... Yongshan also had banana fritters. And we chit-chatted there... chat 'til we had to go home or else I'll miss my last bus...

Took pics...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me with Suya and Yongshan

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chris and I... and his infamous 'YO' sign... (being cut off here lol...)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One of my fave desserts, but it's just fattening....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chris and I again...

And recently, I've been trying to make French toast at home. Just googled the recipe and just trial-and-error... but it turned out alright. This was my second attempt:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For a serving of 3 breads, beat up 2 eggs, with 1.5 teaspoon honey and some milk (all my own ingredients and measurements... didn't really follow what I saw on recipe...) and mix them all up. On a saucepan, melt butter. Dip the bread on both sides into the egg/honey/milk mixture and then fry on both sides on the saucepan. It's that easy.

Dang... if I'm going to continue eating like that I will not just go broke, I'll expand horizontally as well~

*****************************************************

Recently I've downloaded 2 albums, and they were awesome. So I'll like to recommend them here:

Secret OST 不能说的秘密

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love the main title "不能说的秘密" sung by Jay Chou. He indeed IS a very good composer. The entire album was FANTASTIC. Mostly classical and piano music. There're also two really old Chinese music, like "情人的眼泪".... As well as the main title, which is the hit song now in the Chinese music scene? Not so sure... Which reminds me, I need to find the lyrics to that song. If you haven't already heard Jay Chou's other music, you'll have to know that his way of singing is always such that you will not understand the words he's trying to sing... lol... that's his style.
I haven't actually watched the movie. This is Jay Chou's first directed movie, and I heard that reviews for it are good. He's a talented chap, isn't he? But then, I don't really like his personality much.

Kanye West - Graduation

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is another awesome hip-hop album, with his hit single "Stronger", an awesome track. I also liked this other track called "I Wonder". Actually the songs in this album all contains some 'sample' from various songs, combined with his new tune, and mixed into a song. For example, the track "Stronger" contains sample from Daft Punk's "Stronger". Very nice and creative method indeed~.


Actually, I'm already starting to feel empty without work. I kinda regret quitting, but what choices do I have? I am still sourcing for another job, but what are my chances? Getting really discouraged here... For the past 3 years I've been working really hard, and never once did I let myself stop and bum around. The first week after quitting was heaven... It felt good to be resting finally. The second week was quite alright as well. Coming week is university's semester break... And for all the past semester breaks I've been working additional hours, and on top of that still working on my assignments. I wonder what will next week be like just working on my thesis. Will I survive? I am someone who cannot just sit and do nothing. I hate doing nothing. Sigh...



Comments

Popular Posts