The World full of DESPICABLE people

At the time I'm writing this, I'm actually VERY angry and upset... Maybe I'm too naive in this complicated world, but there are just some kind of people I CANNOT accept, and the way they behave is just unacceptable

Happened just less than 4hours ago...

Let's just name this colleague "A". Today, me, Cecilia and A worked upstairs during dinner time, and everything was quite alright. But there is a problem. From a few months back, A CLAIMED that she has a really bad backache, and she cannot carry heavy things and stuff. I never went to suspect whether what she has said is actually true or not, and tried to help out as and when I can. But as time passed, I start to wonder if her 'backache' is actually true, or just an excuse she's using to escape from carrying heavy things. She seems totally fine to me. She's working alot too with her 'backache'. Starting to smell really fishy somewhere, but I didn't point out or anything and just let things be.

However, tonight is when everything sort of snapped (thanks to her atrocious behaviour). For the entire night, she did NOT once carried the crates of dirty dishes to the lift to send them down. She did NOT once emptied the rubbish bin when it's full. She did NOT once helped in filling the drinks. All these are considered heavy jobs. She just concentrated on serving, and walking around the restaurant, doing the 'light' jobs (not the first time like that already!) Poor Cecilia and me, we got to carry all those things by ourselves! Having already put up with her for a long time already, I decided to ignore it.

BUT I finish work at 10.30pm (restaurant closes at 11), and I've already done 90% of the closing of 2nd level, except the 4 or 5 big bags of rubbish at the back still not carried down. Initially, I thought I can clear them all before I leave, but then, I chose to leave promptly at 10.30pm. Why should I? A didn't do anything! Why must I finish up ALL the heavy work?? It's not an ordeal to bring the rubbish down anyway. Girls usually can't carry them down, but we all managed it by hook or by crook. She can just drag them down the stairs instead of lifting them all the way! I told A and Cecilia before I left that the rubbish needs to be cleared. Cecilia was nodding OK, but A's first reaction was:

"HUH?! I'm not gonna do that! She (points to Cecilia) will have to!"

I didn't say anything, but got ready to change. Then I saw A went downstairs. I sensed something was up, so I edged closer to the stairs, and this is what I heard:

A (to the manager): bla bla bla bla...... Clarice did not bring any rubbish down........... bla bla...
FATTY: Oh, she didn't?
A: She didn't!
Fatty: OK... I'll talk to her later when she leaves.

I was so pissed off!! How could she do that? She is the one who didn't do anything, and yet she is reporting on ME! What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!

After I changed, punched card, went out, fatty was outside talking to someone, he stopped me and asked:

"How many rubbish did you bring down just now?"

To which I honestly answered:

"None. And I do that for a reason"

So I told Fatty everything, that A did not do anything at all, and all the heavy stuff are done by me and Cecilia. Fatty nodded, and said many people complained about her before, and he's glad I voiced out because he wants to know if anything is wrong or not working right. We had a long talk just outside the restaurant.

On the way back home, I couldn't help but kept thinking about it. I've tolerated A and her ways, if she's 'unwell', I 'believed' her 'claim' and tried to help out as much as I can. However, she did this to me. How can I not be pissed off? She did not do her fair share of work, and I did not tell tales on her, yet she is the one who complains that I did not freaking take some rubbish downstairs?! Furthermore I've already done most of the closing! We get the same pay, why must we do more than her? Why should she do less than us?? I just cannot put out the fire that is ferociously burning inside me!

Maybe just like what Anson had advised me: There'll forever be something or someone upsetting, no point thinking about it once my foot is already stepped out of the restaurant. Especially so when I'm STILL working at YOYOGI! Furthermore, she will get her pay back eventually. Should I hope that that'll happen?

Really sad how despicable people can get! How can things get so complicated in a little restaurant when most of the people serving are just part-timers and students? What will happen if I actually work full-time in a big conglomerate? Is it that I am still not matured enough? Far from it?

Sigh... I hope I'll feel better tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts