Work, work, work~~~

This week.... WHEW~~~ Worked like crazy... 7 days, full days, half days, doesn't matter. I don't get any days off... Happy? Yeah, I love earning money. But I don't get to rest~

Monday, Wednesday and Friday worked at Yoyogi. Tuesday, Friday and Sunday night at Singapore Chom Chom. Saturday and Sunday afternoons doing volunteer work for Save the Children. Jam packed with things to do.... Travel to and fro Melbourne and Clayton everyday. Feel so tired now as weekend is here~

Today's (Saturday) weather was HORRIBLE. It is a high 37degrees, and the entire air is very DRY and SMOKEY. Apparently there are bushfires, and it's said to be one of the worst in Victoria's bushfire history. Tomorrow's just as horrible, also 37degrees. I felt like I'm melting! Dreaded going out today especially when I see the smoke-covered skies.... Felt like I'm going to be in smokes too~

Volunteered at Federation Square's Atrium with Cara today. It wasn't busy initially, but when it's after 3pm, more people came and did dreamseeds with us. We got quite a few donations from schools and organizations, which is great~ Other than that, we were just making up fresh dreamseeds for people to write on. It's such a hot hot day, and on top of that I'm already tired from many days of work. Felt like I couldn't wake up at all the entire day~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Prior to making the dreamseeds, it comes in 3 different sizes

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We need to put them together, smallest at the bottom, then medium, then the biggest one on top. All stick together and folded flat.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Then we'll ask people to write their wish for the world inside the fold, and decorate it both inside and outside.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The event that we're volunteering for, and all funds go to the Save the Children foundation

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Federation Square has really nice X'mas decorations. I love it~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Federation Squre...
Look at the air! It's supposed to be fine, but it looks so gray. All because of the smoke! Sucky weather!

Then the temperature is going to dip to 20degrees on Monday.
Melbourne has some of the most unpredictable and most changeable weathers ever!


Good news! Eemei's discharged from hospital since Friday. She and her mom will be returning to Ipoh on 13th December (Wed). So fast! Just a few days left~ -_- But great thing that Eemei has recovered alot and her condition has improved alot too. She lost a great amount of weight though, but her skin and heart condition has been good so far. Her doctors said that she is fit to travel, so they had their flight booked.

Tonight Auntie Mei cooked dinner for us :) We had chicken soup, broccoli and fried fish with cheese inside.... simple dinner, but really nice~ Auntie Mei has also 'bao' barley water and chrysantheneum for us, and always leave a bottle for me (though I really don't fancy barley water much, but I still drink it). Really nice of her~

Guess I'll miss Eemei~ She has been a great housemate. Even though we weren't that close before, and things always happened between me and the rest of them that caused unhappiness and strains in our relationship, but our bond has drawn closer ever since MC left, and Eemei has fallen ill. Sharuen and I will get a new housemate for next year. Wonder who will he/she be?

Comments

Popular Posts