Packing commences today!

I really should be packing now, but then I am just putting things off til the very last minute. I've told myself that I got to start packing, since I will be working for the rest of the week until Monday. And I am flying on Tuesday 6am (therefore will need to be at the airport by 3am). So, later on, when I've finished my lunch, I will take out that suitcase and start throwing in a few things. Hopefully I wouldn't be such a blur-queen and forget things here and there!

Over the course of last weekend, I've had lots of fun... After Friday night's shift, Jay and I went next door to Giorgios and had dinner over a beer and wine. I had my usual oysters natural, devilled prawns, and also garlic pizza (which tasted really good!) Ryo came to join us after he finished and together we had more oysters, plus salt and pepper squid. And also opened a bottle of champagne. On the actual day Friday, it was Ryo's 21st birthday. He doesn't seem to mind working on his birthday and he wasn't even looking to celebrate. But I have pulled him into Giorgios and even though it wasn't a big party or anything like that, Giorgios' staff have arranged a cupcake with a sparkler FOC (since we are regular customers the staff knew us all). The entire restaurant started singing Happy Birthday song together, much to Ryo's embarrasement.
Photobucket
Jay, Ryo and I at Giorgios.


Then on Saturday, I met up with Eva at Watergardens, where we had a simple lunch and went back to their home. Zoe is almost 3 years old now, and she is not only active, but also talks a lot~ The entire day was filled with accompanying Zoe playing with her toys, and talking to her. And she only wanted her 'auntie' to play with her, and that is ME! HAhaha.... OMG, she showered me with so much love...... 
Eva cooked dinner and we had dinner at her place. I've bought cakes over so we pre-celebrated Zoe's 3rd birthday (23/2/11) because I will be away on her actual birthday. Eva filled me in on her trip back to Taiwan, and has also bought me some souveniors. After dinner we went to the lake at Caroline Springs, where there was a festival going on. At 10.15pm, there were firework displays too. 

One of Eva's friend came over at around late afternoon and she brought her child over as well. Eva has told me about this friend of hers before, and apparently she has also told her friend about me. Gina is Korean, and she recognises me when she came in. However I felt shy to speak to her with my poor command in Korean, so ended up speaking English most of the time. Gina was really helpful though... She's from Busan, and Busan is one of the places I have intended to visit, therefore she has given me her Facebook, email and phone number, and said she will send me websites of recommended places of interest, plus guest houses to stay at. Her daughter June is 4 years old. Happy to know them~

Photobucket
Dinner and cakes at Eva's place - group photo with Eva, Alvin and cutie Zoe


On Sunday night, the entire restaurant went berserk. It was probably one of the most BUSIEST night ever in the entire year! I've really got no idea on how to describe the state we were all at, but fortunately we managed to pull through. I was practically running around, and being Sunday night I was in charge of managing take-away timing as well. Everyone were flustered, and really exhausted at the end of the night. 
We still had a karaoke session (venue was at Holiday @ Glen Waverly) after work on Sunday night (which I nearly wanted to pull out because I was so tired). To celebrate Ryo and Jeremy's birthdays, we have decided to sing K again. Especially so the last round of K session was really fun~ However, this time round, perhaps cuz everyone were exhausted, no one really was in the mood. Plus Benise and Frankie were really late, and the cake was with them. Benise made the green-tea cheesecake and it was so good!! Ryo turns 21 on 21st Jan, and Jeremy turns 20 on 5th Feb (but he's going back to China for CNY so we pre-celebrate it for him). They are all so YOUNG!!!! They make me feel so old...

After the KTV closes at 2.30am we went to play table pool again. Didn't play well cuz I was kinda tipsy (drank too much!) and really sleepy.... Slept throughout the journey back home. Reached home at around 6.30am and I collapsed straight in bed.

Photobucket
Everyone @ Karaoke

It's Australia Day today (26/1) so it's a public holiday. But I still got to work later tonight, with no double pay... Sianz... And because holidays are just next week, I've started counting how many more shifts I am having before I can leave - 5 more dinner shifts + 2 more lunch shifts = 5 more days of work. I'm already halfway into the holiday mood now at work... Hopefully I will pass these days without too much anticipation.... :|

Comments

Popular Posts