First Post of 2011

Last night/This morning is probably one of the best NYEs I've ever had in my entire life. It was a really crazy one, but we all had heaps of fun together.

I've got to work on NYE, however the restaurant was super quiet and there were 6 of us working. I was in the bar, and I swear that was the DAMN-est EASIEST bar EVER~ Ryo started at 4pm that day so he got off work at 8pm, and I started at 4.30pm and ended at 8.30pm. Still having to wait for the rest, Ryo and I sat down at the back section and ordered heaps of sushi and sashimi not just for ourselves, but also for the hungry Benise and Jassie. The two of them kept passing by our table to grab sushi, popping them in their mouths before going back to their chores. And I am 'proud' to say that I am actually starting to be able to take some wasabi!! Just a little bit in the soy sauce, and dipping sashimi into it taste so good!!

Photobucket
Ordered a sushi/sashimi main for 2, spicy tuna maki, spicy ebi maki, spicy sake maki and special jumbo roll. 
Plus there was another side dish of eggplant sushi. 


After everyone's finished work we set off from Sozai to Glen Waverly, where we had arranged to sing karaoke. It was a KTV called Red Box. There were 8 of us - Benise, Frankie, Jeremy, Zhan, Jing, Ryo, Phoenix and me. We arrived at the KTV at around 11pm and whilst some of them went out to grab a bite, the rest of us started singing. And when everyone else is back we sang all the way til 2.45am, when they close. 

I've never really digged singing karaoke because 1) I can't sing; 2) I don't listen to much C-pop or canto-pop, enough to be able to sing. However I sang a lot of songs that night without even having to choose for myself the songs I'd like to sing. Many of the songs were old songs from the early 1990s, or some of the modern ones are either those I've heard a couple of times before, or those that I actually DO listen to (e.g. Jay Chou, Lee Hom). Some of the songs I've got someone to sing with me, cuz I can't quite remember the melody. If in any case I forget, there's always the button to press for the original singer to come back on.

Ryo is the only non-Chinese speaker of the group, but he sang some Japanese songs as well as English ones. We sang the English ones together. Songs like "I like it that way" by BSB and "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith... We ended up singing to hip-hop/dance tunes from Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Black Eye Peas, Jay Sean etc and we were all dancing as if we were in a club by then. It was extremely fun~~~~ 

Didn't do a proper countdown, but we did a round of cheers when it was around midnight. All of us drank so much but fortunately we were all still quite sober.... Well, other than having a bloated stomach that is...
Photobucket
The Sozai clan
Minus Frankie who isn't with Sozai anymore, and plus, he was our photographer

Photobucket
And we were all dancing~~~


After Karaoke we were deciding between going to the beach, or playing pool, and in the end, we went to play pool. I teamed up with Zhan and our opponents were Frankie and Benise. Zhan and Benise do not really know how to play, and I am not a very good player either. Frankie is a seriously good player though. I've improved this time though cuz I've scored a few goals. The others were playing on the other pool table, and Ryo was just helping us take photos (with my camera). 

Photobucket


Reached home at around 7am, and collapsed into bed because I was so bloated I couldn't sit upright. Slept for an hour and then woke up and showered. After that I was so awake I had breakfast and booked my hotel for the first few days of my Korea trip. Went to bed at 11.30am and slept til 5.30pm. Went to the supermarket and then cooked myself dinner. Was supposed to go out hiking with friends since I got the day off but then it was cancelled cuz the forecasts said it will rain. My new year's day was a relaxing one, simply chilling at home.

It was so much fun!!! I feel 10 years younger with all that dancing, singing, boozing and staying up playing all night. It sucks that I'm actually edging closer to the big 30s... Sometimes I feel that AGE is catching up with me too quickly!... :\


Comments

Popular Posts