Nelly is in Melbourne! And Bevilles function
Finally get to meet up with Nelly after a long time~ Cannot remember when I actually met her last time, but it was definitely quite some time ago. Anyway, Nelly was here in Melbourne on Monday, and will be here til Friday afternoon. And it's such a pity that Thursday night is the only night I can make it to meet them, and it has got to be after my Korean class.... That is the best I can do. Well, better than nothing!
I got to meet her Singaporean bf as well. His name is Timothy, and gosh, he's a year OLDER than me, though he doesn't half look like it! I thought I was the oldest amongst us........ And after 108 days, I returned to Chom Chom to eat, when Nelly and Timothy wanted to eat there... I had my favorite curry laksa with LOTS of sambal. Chom has changed their menu layout, and has added so many more new stuff on it that it's really hard to choose now... I sort of prefer the simpler menus in the older days...
We managed to catch up a little, though I always feel it's kinda awkward to let your bf/gf tag along with you. It always limits the amount of things to say without making the other person feel bored. And then you feel bad because he/she feels bored/left out. In the end, I tried engaging Timothy in the conversation by discussing things Singapore-related, and about his life together with Nelly in Sydney. Overall it was still fun... Good to meet peeps and catching up with old friends!

Nelly and I

The lovebirds

Trying to squeeze in for a shoot
It was a brief meet-up. Hopefully next time we can get more time together!
*****************************************************************************
On Wednesday night, I went for drinks with Yiyi after our work at the restaurant. This entire week has been really distressing for me... The past few weeks of hyper-activeness might have worn me out completely. I have gone completely berserk in an attempt to make myself numb. At the same time, I found that no matter how I tried to block myself from thinking about certain things, those thoughts still creeps back into my memories every now and then. Suddenly the pain is so obvious again. Someone has dug on that flimsy veil that has momentarily covered my wounds. And it boils down to that dreaded conclusion: It is just so difficult for me to let go...
Anyway, I suggested to go for drinks with the also-moody Yiyi, and she drove us to Caulfield's Tavern. To be honest, I think what Yiyi has gone through has been much worse than what I've been through... But we are standing on the same level in terms of the pain of loving someone too much. The pain that rips through our hearts..... We talked til about 1.30am before going back. We could have ordered more drinks and talk much later if I don't have to work the next morning! Sigh...
I've never told anyone in the restaurant about my unhappiness. It was on one coincidental occassion I was chatting with Yiyi that I brought it up briefly, therefore she is the only one who somewhat knows. Everyone in the restaurant thought I am a happy person. However, now Mr. Manager also knows something's 'wrong' with me. Cuz on that night when I told Yiyi I want to go for drinks, I mentioned to her in Chinese "I want to drink cuz I am not in a good mood" without noticing that Mr. Manager was there. He immediately questioned if I am alright, and if I need to talk, he is willing to help me out. I brushed him off. The last thing I need is someone to ADVISE and HELP me. What I need now is someone to soothe me, and heal my wounds. I have all the advise that I need already....... Plus, Mr. Manager doesn't know me. I don't know if I want to share with him.
*****************************************************************************
Oh, and on Tuesday, my company had a big function involving all Head Office staff as well as store managers. In the morning, we were divided into different teams and we took a train ride round the City Loop with our Bevilles T-shirt. At every stop we get some stuff, like heart-shaped sunglasses and Bevilles flag. It was quite fun, though I was so sleepy having to wake up early to start at 8am..... We were so noisy at Flinders Street station! All of us were gathered there after our ride and we were jingling our bells as if we're some ice-cream vendor instead. Many people stopped to take our photos and asked about us too... In terms of marketing strategy, I think it is a pretty good one...
After all the morning fun we headed back to the training room and our boss held a long long meeting with us about strategic planning, where we are as compared to our competitors, how jewelry consumers view us as compared to our competitors, how important every role in the company plays, etc etc.... It was interesting in a way, yet boring at the same time... Interesting because all those relates to what I've learnt before when I was doing Business degree, so I was listening and pieceing everything together. Boring because I was simply too sleepy (and hungry) to be sitting in such a long meeting... And every typical meeting involves 'profits', 'losses' and a graph that either climbs up or slips down... I hate those graphs and figures! It just bores me out~
I've taken a couple of photos...

Our Bevilles Flag

That's me in my heart-shaped sunglasses!

Li and I in our sunglasses

My darling little beetle Brooke is always being amusing with her sunglasses and two flags stuck at the back of her head. :p
(She calls me the 'Grasshopper'.... Don't ask me to explain!)

Me in my Bevilles t-shirt, and the goody-bag containing a Bevilles mug, a lollipop and a pen-holder
I am so glad it's finally the weekends!!! I vowed Saturday would be the DND day for me to sleep the entire day!!! I'm definitely looking forward to it!
I got to meet her Singaporean bf as well. His name is Timothy, and gosh, he's a year OLDER than me, though he doesn't half look like it! I thought I was the oldest amongst us........ And after 108 days, I returned to Chom Chom to eat, when Nelly and Timothy wanted to eat there... I had my favorite curry laksa with LOTS of sambal. Chom has changed their menu layout, and has added so many more new stuff on it that it's really hard to choose now... I sort of prefer the simpler menus in the older days...
We managed to catch up a little, though I always feel it's kinda awkward to let your bf/gf tag along with you. It always limits the amount of things to say without making the other person feel bored. And then you feel bad because he/she feels bored/left out. In the end, I tried engaging Timothy in the conversation by discussing things Singapore-related, and about his life together with Nelly in Sydney. Overall it was still fun... Good to meet peeps and catching up with old friends!

Nelly and I

The lovebirds

Trying to squeeze in for a shoot
It was a brief meet-up. Hopefully next time we can get more time together!
*****************************************************************************
On Wednesday night, I went for drinks with Yiyi after our work at the restaurant. This entire week has been really distressing for me... The past few weeks of hyper-activeness might have worn me out completely. I have gone completely berserk in an attempt to make myself numb. At the same time, I found that no matter how I tried to block myself from thinking about certain things, those thoughts still creeps back into my memories every now and then. Suddenly the pain is so obvious again. Someone has dug on that flimsy veil that has momentarily covered my wounds. And it boils down to that dreaded conclusion: It is just so difficult for me to let go...
Anyway, I suggested to go for drinks with the also-moody Yiyi, and she drove us to Caulfield's Tavern. To be honest, I think what Yiyi has gone through has been much worse than what I've been through... But we are standing on the same level in terms of the pain of loving someone too much. The pain that rips through our hearts..... We talked til about 1.30am before going back. We could have ordered more drinks and talk much later if I don't have to work the next morning! Sigh...
I've never told anyone in the restaurant about my unhappiness. It was on one coincidental occassion I was chatting with Yiyi that I brought it up briefly, therefore she is the only one who somewhat knows. Everyone in the restaurant thought I am a happy person. However, now Mr. Manager also knows something's 'wrong' with me. Cuz on that night when I told Yiyi I want to go for drinks, I mentioned to her in Chinese "I want to drink cuz I am not in a good mood" without noticing that Mr. Manager was there. He immediately questioned if I am alright, and if I need to talk, he is willing to help me out. I brushed him off. The last thing I need is someone to ADVISE and HELP me. What I need now is someone to soothe me, and heal my wounds. I have all the advise that I need already....... Plus, Mr. Manager doesn't know me. I don't know if I want to share with him.
*****************************************************************************
Oh, and on Tuesday, my company had a big function involving all Head Office staff as well as store managers. In the morning, we were divided into different teams and we took a train ride round the City Loop with our Bevilles T-shirt. At every stop we get some stuff, like heart-shaped sunglasses and Bevilles flag. It was quite fun, though I was so sleepy having to wake up early to start at 8am..... We were so noisy at Flinders Street station! All of us were gathered there after our ride and we were jingling our bells as if we're some ice-cream vendor instead. Many people stopped to take our photos and asked about us too... In terms of marketing strategy, I think it is a pretty good one...
After all the morning fun we headed back to the training room and our boss held a long long meeting with us about strategic planning, where we are as compared to our competitors, how jewelry consumers view us as compared to our competitors, how important every role in the company plays, etc etc.... It was interesting in a way, yet boring at the same time... Interesting because all those relates to what I've learnt before when I was doing Business degree, so I was listening and pieceing everything together. Boring because I was simply too sleepy (and hungry) to be sitting in such a long meeting... And every typical meeting involves 'profits', 'losses' and a graph that either climbs up or slips down... I hate those graphs and figures! It just bores me out~
I've taken a couple of photos...

Our Bevilles Flag

That's me in my heart-shaped sunglasses!

Li and I in our sunglasses

My darling little beetle Brooke is always being amusing with her sunglasses and two flags stuck at the back of her head. :p
(She calls me the 'Grasshopper'.... Don't ask me to explain!)

Me in my Bevilles t-shirt, and the goody-bag containing a Bevilles mug, a lollipop and a pen-holder
I am so glad it's finally the weekends!!! I vowed Saturday would be the DND day for me to sleep the entire day!!! I'm definitely looking forward to it!
Comments