I Proved Myself...
Just like the race between the tortoise and the hare... I am the tortoise, and a bloody slow one too.
However I never give up. I know that my brain doesn't have the fast and efficient gears installed. People get things within a minute, but it could take me days to understand a fraction of it... I hate myself for being so slow... And I hate myself for getting myself into trouble because I am that slow... But, I don't give up. Because, I know if I give up, there will never get a chance for me to climb up.
I had so much miseries and problems working in the restaurant. I was verbally bashed and had my shifts cut. I never got a chance to do more things other than the most basic tasks. And I never got my pay rise. With every shifts I worked with Mr. Manager, I got so stressed and so nervous around him, to the point I was really afraid of him... On the other hand, he was also so fed-up and pissed off with me. I hated working there and dreaded every shift.
So can you imagine what it was like on our faces just now when he gave me my pay and he said, "From last week onwards.... (long pause) I've 'up-ed' you one more dollar, so now you must give more, cuz you are a senior who needs to lead the juniors......" Both of us were grinning at each other, and that was something that has never happened before. I am relieved I got myself somewhere. I'm sure Mr. Manager is relieved too, that he has gotten rid of the 'Clarice-headache'... And I know one thing for sure: Perservance will get you there, no matter how long and how hard it takes.
I am happy that Mr. Manager didn't give me up... I am not sure if he has already given me up before, or nearly did, but I will take it as he didn't since he didn't axe me off the restaurant when I did really poorly. And just like what Mr. Manager has said, he wants everyone to grow working there, and everyone who has worked in Sozai walk out and become a totally different (and better) person. I am starting to trust his intentions. Thinking carefully, most of what he has said actually makes a lot of sense~
Even though life has been hard on me (especially recently), I must still have a positive outlook -- I can do it!!! And no matter how slow I may be, I will do it!!
However I never give up. I know that my brain doesn't have the fast and efficient gears installed. People get things within a minute, but it could take me days to understand a fraction of it... I hate myself for being so slow... And I hate myself for getting myself into trouble because I am that slow... But, I don't give up. Because, I know if I give up, there will never get a chance for me to climb up.
I had so much miseries and problems working in the restaurant. I was verbally bashed and had my shifts cut. I never got a chance to do more things other than the most basic tasks. And I never got my pay rise. With every shifts I worked with Mr. Manager, I got so stressed and so nervous around him, to the point I was really afraid of him... On the other hand, he was also so fed-up and pissed off with me. I hated working there and dreaded every shift.
So can you imagine what it was like on our faces just now when he gave me my pay and he said, "From last week onwards.... (long pause) I've 'up-ed' you one more dollar, so now you must give more, cuz you are a senior who needs to lead the juniors......" Both of us were grinning at each other, and that was something that has never happened before. I am relieved I got myself somewhere. I'm sure Mr. Manager is relieved too, that he has gotten rid of the 'Clarice-headache'... And I know one thing for sure: Perservance will get you there, no matter how long and how hard it takes.
I am happy that Mr. Manager didn't give me up... I am not sure if he has already given me up before, or nearly did, but I will take it as he didn't since he didn't axe me off the restaurant when I did really poorly. And just like what Mr. Manager has said, he wants everyone to grow working there, and everyone who has worked in Sozai walk out and become a totally different (and better) person. I am starting to trust his intentions. Thinking carefully, most of what he has said actually makes a lot of sense~
Even though life has been hard on me (especially recently), I must still have a positive outlook -- I can do it!!! And no matter how slow I may be, I will do it!!
Comments