The Kite Runner

Photobucket

The Kite Runner - What a fantastic book by Khaled Hosseini! I finished that book up within a week despite my busy schedule, and I enjoyed every single page of it!

Thanks to Andy who reminded me that this book is highly recommended. I went to buy the book, though I would have read it for free before... Ed lent this book to me before (he lent it from his friend initially) and told me this is a damn good book. However I couldn't find time to read it so in the end got to return it back, untouched. But it's a book worth spending your money on. I give it 10/10!

And with the reading of this book I grew to be interested in Afghanistan culture. I started reading up on the Hazaras, and what their status is like in Afghanistan being Shia Muslims, and how different it is as compared to the Sunni Muslims. Also read up on the invasion of Russians in 1975 and how Afghanis fled to Peshawar, Pakistan. And I fascinate over the feeling of 'redemption' that the main character Amir had when he went back to Afghanistan to find his Hazara friend's (Hassan) son Sohrab, to repay back how he ignored him when he was being abused after all that Hassan has done for him and being so loyal to him too... Every single page moved me, and I got so engaged with the story. I can't put the book down and read it on all my train rides, lunch breaks and before bed.

I think Khaled Hosseini is a good writer. Now I'm on to read his other book "A Thousand Splendid Suns".

*****

Photobucket

I've just caught "Wall-E" at home! Rich has downloaded lots of new and good movies and I copied from him. No time to really watch all of them now though... But when I came home last night after a day of 'stocktaking' (trust me, it's NO FUN even though it's a no brainer job), I watched "Wall-E" over dinner. I love Wall-E!! So cute!! Though it's alarming that perhaps in near future, people might become chair-bound and having their burgers and pepsi with the press of their remote. On top of that, all of them are growing rounder and become increasingly useless... Other than that, Wall-E and Eve rocks!!! Cuteness alert!!

Sunday - rest at home day. No one can pull me out of the house, except for the fact that I just returned from my groceries shopping, but that's an exception. I've worked so damn hard this week... So tired!

Cya all next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts