I think I'm in India!
Nothing against the Indians, but then I just don't quite understand why is there an overload of Indians in Melbourne, or maybe, in Australia on the whole...
- Walk into any 7-Eleven store here, the person behind the counter should be an Indian
- Try calling any operators here (e.g. Optus, 3). The person who answers is usually an Indian
- Waiting at the queue in Hungry Jacks made me realize that ALL the staff working there (including those in the kitchen), are Indian
- If someone knocks on the door promoting a better electricity billing for the household, he/she is usually Indian.
- Flyer distributors are usually Indians
- Taxi Drivers are mostly Indians
- Many telemarketers are Indians
- Walking down the streets, in the shopping malls, you can see them more than anyone else.
- Try catching any train. No matter where you look, there are just a massive amount of Indians...
In the last 2 years there is a massive inflow of Indians into Australia, and their population seems to be rapidly on the rise here. Before that it was the Chinese, and I thought I was in China. Now I seriously think I'm in India instead. However, there aren't as many Indian restaurants available though, which is a pity considering their naans and curry are one of my favorites.
I don't know anymore if I am simply being in a multi-cultural city, or is this supposedly multi-cultural city has started to transform into a "skewed-cultural" society? So much so that sometimes the blur me gets confused at my current geographical location... >.<
*Note: this post is NOT intended to be 'racist', because that is wrong. It is just one of my many musings :)
- Walk into any 7-Eleven store here, the person behind the counter should be an Indian
- Try calling any operators here (e.g. Optus, 3). The person who answers is usually an Indian
- Waiting at the queue in Hungry Jacks made me realize that ALL the staff working there (including those in the kitchen), are Indian
- If someone knocks on the door promoting a better electricity billing for the household, he/she is usually Indian.
- Flyer distributors are usually Indians
- Taxi Drivers are mostly Indians
- Many telemarketers are Indians
- Walking down the streets, in the shopping malls, you can see them more than anyone else.
- Try catching any train. No matter where you look, there are just a massive amount of Indians...
In the last 2 years there is a massive inflow of Indians into Australia, and their population seems to be rapidly on the rise here. Before that it was the Chinese, and I thought I was in China. Now I seriously think I'm in India instead. However, there aren't as many Indian restaurants available though, which is a pity considering their naans and curry are one of my favorites.
I don't know anymore if I am simply being in a multi-cultural city, or is this supposedly multi-cultural city has started to transform into a "skewed-cultural" society? So much so that sometimes the blur me gets confused at my current geographical location... >.<
*Note: this post is NOT intended to be 'racist', because that is wrong. It is just one of my many musings :)
Comments