Dinner with my dear girls...

Haven't met Candy and Yuka for a long time, and finally I got to meet them today... along with Vivien, whom I did manage to catch up a couple of weeks ago. Vivien and I proposed a meet-up today and luckily most of us could make it, though regrettably, Joanna had plans and couldn't join us. First, we chilled at Max Brenner's over a cuppa chocolate/coffee drink, then we proceeded to Dae Jang Geum for a Korean dinner.

Congratulations to Vivien for finding a PR job! And also to Candy and Yuka who are also doing quite well with their respective jobs (Yuka just found a new job).

It was great catching up with them even though we were all worn out from our day of work. I wouldn't be writing too much here (since I'll be writing a lot following this topic)... I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Missing the rest of the gang here - Peach, YC, Riesa - who are overseas. I wonder when will be the day all of us gather somewhere...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The food that we had (from up): side dishes, Korean rice cakes, kimchi jeon (pancake), spicy pork and squid, and chap chae (my favorite)...

Photobucket
Candy and I...

Photobucket
Yuka and I...

Photobucket
Vivien and I...

Photobucket
4 of us...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
All of us... SMILE!

Hope we'll all get to catch up again soon!

***

And last Sunday, Chris and I went shopping in the city... I just wanted to take photos of Melbourne's famous 'alley graffitis' and so we went to this little alley of Bourke Street and posed for photos...

Photobucket
Photobucket

And then we had an early dinner at O-Bento/Menya Japanese restaurant... I had my mixed tempura and menya ramen (a mixture of squid, pork, vegetables, eggs, scallops with ramen).

Photobucket
Photobucket

***

And I finished watching my Korean drama "고맙습니다" (Thank You) starring Jang Hyuk, Gong Hyo Jin and Shin Sung Rok and Seo Shin Ae. It is a sad drama, but it is worthwhile watching (*pleads* OK... I know it seems like every Korean drama I've watched and 'reviewed' on my blog is worth watching, but I really think it is...). This drama shows the ugly side of people - how ignorant people can get, and then they discriminate you because of their ignorance. It is a drama depicting the life of Lee Young Shin (Gong Hyo Jin), who lives in this backward village on this island off Korea, working hard to support her 8-year-old daughter Bom (Seo Shin Ae) who has AIDS, as well as her grandfather who has dementia. Jang Hyuk plays Min Gi Seok, an outstanding doctor who has a cold personality. After his gf died of cancer and he was unable to save her, he gave up being a doctor and turned a blind eye to everything, until he met Young Shin and her daughter. Through them, he gradually softens and become gentler because of love.

Photobucket

The drama saddens me because Young Shin is an angelic character who helps people in her village as much as she can when they are in trouble. She is filial and respectful, and people likes her. However, when word got out that Bom has AIDS, they turned their back at her because they were too ignorant to know that AIDS do not spread easily through daily interaction. Young Shin and Bom were outcasted, bullied, and were nearly driven out of their village. How could people be so cruel and heartless? Don't they know what is called 'gratitude'? In this light, I wonder why are some kind/good-hearted people who are willing to help people unconditionally, but no one really knows how to appreciate them? I'm afraid this could be the real world - it is filled with selfish people who knows nothing but themselves. After all, if we do not take care of our own selves, we will perish. With this concept in mind, nobody bothers anymore. And the world becomes cold place to be in.

On the contrary, the senile grandfather who behaves like a child, seems to know sub-consciously, that he has given his family a hard life with his illness, gave out his favorite choco-pies to the village people, tucked his grand daughters to bed, wailed and died in his sleep. It was like atoning for his sins - sins not just by being a burden, but sins for teaching his grand daughter to be that kind person to everyone, yet in return, receiving nothing in return.


Alright... I think I've turned a supposedly happy dinner gathering to a sad ending... so I shall just leave my post as it is. This week's been pretty alright so far... VERY busy for sure. I've been training this new Christmas casual working in my department. I've always suck at training and teaching people but I think I fared alright this time round. However, I now hold more responsibilities and the casual sort of 'reports' to me when she comes to work, and if she has any problems. SIGH.... However, I am glad to say that my emotions are neutralized because of work and also wrecking my brains how to let myself get enough rest.... which is exactly what I intend to do now.

Good night! And may I have sweet dreams!~


Comments

Popular Posts