6 Months

Happy 6 Months to Us

Can you believe how time flies? Already half a year has gone by without us really feeling it. And the thing is, I did not expect us to last this long... even though, numerically and periodically (in terms of a relationship), 6 months is not considered very long at all... But it is a miracle for someone like me to be able to come this far in a relationship.

Even though it was a difficult 6 months, however, we've pulled it through. We've quarreled so much. We survived one cold war. I've never imagined myself, a fairly good tempered person, to argue, blow my top and lose it all in front of him. I stripped bare, not to reveal my skin, but to exhibit the ugly side of me that no one else other than my parents to see. To many couples, we are short of many things that couples usually do when they are together. Holding hands, hugs and kisses, movies and dinners....... etc..... We did not spend a lot of time together either. But I know, deep inside my heart, I love him very very much. It is a love that blossoms every time it hurts, deepens with every glimpse I see of him, intensifies with every time I flipped my top with him, and a feeling that locks itself securely into that space whenever we get together - a space that only he can ever fit - just like a key to its lock.

I choose to believe that I am the same in that unique position he reserved just for me. He simply uses a different way to love me and cherish me. And no matter how he plays and flirts, he'll never cross the line because I am the reason.I appreciate that he accepted me for who I am after showing him the totally 'unglamorous' side of me, which goes beyond the 'no make-up' and 'flabby thighs' to my flawed personality. I am thankful he did not reject me. After all, he has told me he loves me more than I'd ever know. I trust that he does. At least, I am building on that trust, because I love him.

May we last another 6 months... then another... then another... then another... then another... then another................ x infinity...


Comments

Happy half year anniversary to you both!!!
Clarice said…
hehe... thanx~ :)

Popular Posts