High time for updates!

Firstly, I'll like to apologize for the lack of updates as I've been REAL busy... and also, the fact that I've been deprived of internet access for the past few days makes any email checking or news-reading impossible, least to say to do any updating.. But anyhow, here I am with some updates... So, this might be a very long post.... lol...

The 'Near' Burglary

Ed's place has been broken into AGAIN last Saturday evening - on the same day, same month as of 2007! I wonder if this is just a pure coincidence or it's more than a coincidence? However this time round, I was the panicky one because I am staying there and my stuff is in the room, but upon hearing that nothing has been taken, I heaved a great sigh of relief. However, the glass of his room window has been smashed open, and the thief DID attempt to take things with him, but when he heard that there was someone in the house (Ed's housemate was in, but he was sleeping) and tried to escape, there wasn't enough room for him to carry anything with him, therefore, I was very lucky that my laptop (the only valuable thing in sight) was safe.

The police came and temporarily nailed a metal 'board' over the smashed window and the agent and the person fixing the glass were supposed to be working on the damage on Monday. In the meantime, it wasn't safe for me to sleep in the room, neither am I to appear in front of the agent and perhaps the landlord, because I wasn't supposed to be a tenant in the house. Either way, I stayed over with Yongshan and Suya until everything is ready.

So there I was, staying over with the sisters for 4 nights before the window's finally fixed and I can move back in.

I was so frightened that I will be facing with a terrible loss as I did 4 years ago when my room got broken into in Frankston and lost everything that is valuable, except my passport. That was one horrible experience that I would never want to go through again!

Work, work, work!

Besides that, this week was filled with lots of work - 5 nights at restaurant, 4 days at Bevilles. Sigh... I am dying of exhaustion! And things at the restaurant are not starting to look any better. I have no idea why I am putting up with all those stress being piled on me, making my life damn miserable, but then, I have no plans of leaving just as yet. I am struggling to cope with the new manager, who happens to be someone I really do not like. I don't like the way he teaches me, and I don't like the way he acts all so 'stern' and so 'big'. Pure arrogance? Or just trying to act 'cool' and 'ah beng'? I do not know because I do not feel that he is warm, or is willing to befriend me out of work. I feel sick working with him. Sadly, the nicer manager has already left, and we are left with no other options but to endure.

Priscilla's Farewell...

On Sunday night, I went to Gen-san (Sozai's boss) house to have a farewell party for our manager, Priscilla. They had barbeque and lots of alcohol. Peter was cooking at the pit most of the time and he did a fantastic job~ Almost everyone from Sozai were there, including the first generation manager, Frankie, who happens to be from Singapore as well. It was a completely different image of every single colleague of mine whom I saw there. In Sozai, everyone wore black, and are all serious and proper. However, at the gathering, everyone was relaxed and we laughed and joked a lot. It was pretty fun.

I loved the layout of Gen-san's house. And I love his tame little cat Gonzai as well.

Unfortunately, all photos taken were in Benise's camera, so I am waiting to get them all from her.

Guilty confession: The thing I enjoyed MOST that night would have to be the fresh oysters and Sapporo beer. ;)

New Place @ Ripponlea

Apart from meeting up for coffee time to time, just a few days ago, Sha and I, together with another friend of hers, went to view an apartment in Ripponlea (which is just between Balaclava and Eisternwick - Sandringham line) and the 3 of us loved that apartment~ It has a great lounge room, and 3 nice, cosy and big bedrooms. The view from the lounge room overlooks a high school with big green grass lawns. Furthermore, it is only $320/week for the entire house - a fantastic rate! Two of the current tenants are going to move out in early July, and another tenant will move out not long after that, so Sha and her friend has gone to sign the contract for the rooms, whereas I will have to wait for a while. However, Sha offered that I can move in together with her and we can share her room temporarily until my room becomes available. I have been craving for my own space, and out of the 'MALE-dumps'... And ever since after the break-in, I wanted to move out all the more! Can't wait!

Feast!

Within the last week, I had yum cha, a steamboat dinner, and home-cooked Hainanese chicken rice.... all food+feast = good stress relief!

The Hainanese chicken rice that Yongshan made was fantastic! Yongshan bought the packaged ingredients, which has everything right down to the dark sauce and the special chili sauce. She just bought 2 whole chickens and made the chicken soup. After that, she used some of the soup to cook the chicken rice. It was a great meal. Love it!

Then last Sunday, Sha and I met up for yum cha with Cheau Yin (I've not met her for such a long time!) and 2 of Cheau Yin's friends, and friends of her friends. Sounds complicated? Basically, there were 8 of us, and by the end of our yum cha, everyone knew everyone. There were 3 other Malaysians besides Sha and Cheau Yin, and another guy who's also from Singapore like me. And then there's another HK guy and a Chinese guy. All of them spoke really good Cantonese, whereas I understood without replying. The Chinese guy spoke nothing during the entire yum cha session because he didn't understand Cantonese. Either way, yum cha was at Fu Loong in Boxhill. The food there was good.

Then there was an All-you-can-eat steamboat on Monday night at Ming Lu steamboat, which is on Victoria and Peel Streets. Yongshan, Suya and Xueliang were my companions. Enjoyed the mussels and tender beef tremendously. Never overcook the beef! 10seconds is just perfect for the most perfect-tasting beef. And if you take spicy food like me, the spicy soup is just fantastic~ Yummmm... piggish me!

Photobucket
Yummmmmyyyy!!!

Photobucket
This is what you can capture when two people resisted the camera - sneak shots

Photobucket
This shows how two people who love taking photos are... hahaha... two leng luis!


Australia's Biggest Morning Tea


Every Thursday, Bevilles organizes a 'Biggest Morning Tea' where a group of people from different departments bring in some home-made snacks (or you can even buy them if you can't make them) and each of us pay $3 to eat. The funds raised will go to charity. I've missed the previous 2 morning teas because I wasn't in the office, but this week, I caught it. It was quite fun and most of the food were great~

Photobucket
The little plate of food I got for myself - sandwiches, rice cakes, quiches, cupcakes.... a lot of food!
Plus, there were fruits, juices, chocolates and cookies too...


Life is kinda aimless at the moment... I can't really see myself landing in any good jobs, and my residency in Australia seems far away. I am employed, but not in my field and what I aspire to do. And I hate myself working without a soul just because I need money to support myself, but I have no passion whatsoever, especially in the hospitality job I am currently doing. I do not understand why Sozai seems so much more difficult to handle than Yoyogi or Chom Chom... I don't recall taking such a long time to learn and received so much scoldings. Being blur and slow has never changed, however, it never posed as a problem before. Perhaps after a near 9-months rest from waitressing, I really lost all the 'skills' that I used to have. Either way, I hope this 'transitional period' will be over before I get too depressed. Really am looking forward to a much better, and fulfilling life.

Now, I am dead exhausted from non-stop working, and a serious case of being lack of sleep. I'll sign off with this Cavalier x Maltese puppy I want so much but it costs $800++ each. SIGH!! He sits perfectly in my arms and was so cuddly! I want you, doggie!

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts