Pictorial updates

Like what the title has said, this is more of a 'picture' update... cuz I just managed to gather all the pictures that we have taken, and given the fact that I am kinda lazy to write, I will simply put pictures instead...

Just being a plain sloth here... forgive me!

Anyway, last Sunday (11/11/07), was Yongshan's 24th birthday, so we had a party over at her house, inviting all our friends from Chom Chom. So basically, those friends whom I haven't met for a long time now all appeared, and we get to catch up abit. It was a potluck so most of us contributed something. Too bad I didn't manage to take photo of all the food, and some of those I did manage to take didn't turn out well in the pics... Anyway, I cooked my usual kimchi fried rice, which is the only palatable dish I can manage. To prevent giving people a bad impression of being a horrible cook, I decided to cook that again... Lol...

The Thai salad that Mary has made was great! The fruit cocktail for dessert by Grace was excellent as well. Edwin brewed soup (again). Carene brought over some spaghetti. Yongshan baked chicken wings, and Suya made some Ddok Bokk Gi (Korean rice cakes). Sunny came over as well, bringing over a dish from Chom Chom. Oh, and it was also Sunny's 26th birthday the next day (12/11/07), so we celebrated both birthdays together that night... Nice~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me in the kitchen preparing the ingredients... with Mary looking on at the back...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Actions going on in the kitchen... I was already cooking so my back's turned...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My 'infamous' kimchi fried rice... the only food pic that turned out well...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yongshan decorating her house with balloons

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Grace and Mary blowing up the balloons.... balloon blowing is not quite something that I know how to do...... hmmm....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yummy birthday cake...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
2 birthday girls making their respective wishes...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Happy birthday, Yongshan and Sunny!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I gave Yongshan a bouquet of flowers, and I really love these pink sunflowers...

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Then on Tuesday (13/11/07), we went to watch a totally gruesome "30 Days of Night" by Josh Hartnett and Michelle George - a horror film set in a small town in Alaska, when they experience 30 days of no sunlight during the winter, and that is when vampires roam, killing every single person they can find in the town. It was totally gross! The second-most gross movie ever, after "Dog Soldiers"! During the movie, Mary was totally fine with all the gore, but Edwin was covering his eyes, unable to continue watching. I was neither of those, but I kinda squirmed in my seat... I guess I lost some of the 'courage' I used to have when watching horror movies...

After movies, we had dinner at Izakaya Chuji (on Lonsdale Street)... Edwin and I shared a yakiniku stew and curry rice, whilst Mary had her own Tori karaage and ox tongue, and rice. It was overall, a nice meal...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Definitely not a movie for the weak-hearted...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mary's dinner...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Our yakiniku and curry rice

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

On Friday (16/11/07), I did not go into the studios for my program... I was busy doing my last minute editing at home to rush for submission for my Media Ethics assignment. Finally I completed the 5000 words! My topic was about the scandal of Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky, and how three elite newspapers in United States covered them, and how ethical/unethical they have been. This case dates all the way back in 1998, but luckily I was able to trace back old newspapers online, so saved me the hassle of going through the microfilm~ Anyway, all that's done and submitted, it's time to tackle my thesis! Still need to touch up and edit my thesis, and improve on what my supervisor has previously corrected in my work. Need to really get down and do them... In fact, I was doing that just now before I decided to go off for a while to blog~ hehehe...

After submitting my assignment, I met up with Yongshan for dinner at Mei Gui Yuan (on Elizabeth Street) and we had spicy pork rib noodles. It was really nice! After which, we headed for Max Brenner for coffee, and I had chocolate waffles with strawberries and ice-cream at the side. Very sinful, but VERY nice! Suya came to join us after that, and she hadn't had dinner, so we set off to our third destination - Dessert House... I was too full for anything else, so I just had a drink. After we have ordered, Edwin also came to join us. I think I eat too much... Feeling fat already...

The weather was unbelievably HOT! It was 28 degrees on Friday, 26 today, and will be 31 degrees tomorrow! Monday's going to be 33~ and I think the rest of the week would be 25-35 range... Blimey! Not just that I can't stand the heat, it's more of I can't tolerate the flies!!! ARGH they are disgusting! And the thing is, it's not even summer yet!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
spicy pork rib noodles

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Fattening things are always super nice... waffles from Max Brenner~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yongshan and I at Dessert House...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Suya and I...


Planning to submit my thesis this coming Tuesday/Wednesday... Then after that I'll be FREE!!! Yes!! And hopefully, that means that I'll be graduating~ I better be! Can't wait!!

Meanwhile... Just a couple more days of being a student. Aja!!

And seems like it is not really a 'pictorial' post... Trust the granny-nanny me to be as long-winded as always...~ lol...

Comments

Popular Posts