Gowning and Farewell...
Can I be so overjoyed to announced that: I HAVE FINALLY COMPLETED, and SUBMITTED MY THESIS!!!!!!
YES!!! This spectacular 'event' happened on Tuesday, 20 Nov, 5pm (just in time!)
Looking at the 50 pages (double spacing, Times New Roman, 12 font) worth of my blood, sweat, time and youth all on it, I really wonder what it's worth. Maybe nothing much at all... I dunno... Because I am not expecting a lot. And I suspect it's not worth a lot either. Anyway, it's done now, and I shall try not to worry about it too much. Enjoy before the possibly "bad" news might come.
However, I still keep my fingers crossed that I will get to graduate (DUH! Who doesn't??). I've already attended the "International Students Farewell Program" on the next day, Wednesday (which was yesterday) for gowning, talk sessions and photo taking (my fave part!). It's almost like a quarter path to graduation. And it was fun too! But it'll be more fun if everyone from our gang were here~ There were just 5 of us - Riesa, YC, Candy, Joanna and me... But we got to wear our gowns and stuff, so it was really interesting, even though it's not my first time wearing it...
For Monash University, the hood is turquoise in colour. And the other colour will signify which faculty you are from. For us, we're from the Arts faculty, so our hood colour will be the pinkish "old rose" colour. And for Masters degree, you can't really differentiate the gown with the bachelor one, because it is exactly the same, except for the sleeve. Masters graduate will wear a 'shorter' sleeve than the undergraduates. Diplomate and doctorate degrees will have more difference in their attire. However, it doesn't matter. We all look damn smart after putting our gowns on. lol... The only thing is, the hat that we wore were quite a nuisance. Firstly, for big heads like me, I cannot fit in the medium hat... so I got to go for the large one. However, the large one is a tad too big, so it kept wanting to fall off whenever I look down or if I have more vigorous head movements. Secondly, the tassle can be quite irritating. It should be kept on our left, but it keeps going elsewhere. I look like a messed-up graduand.
Anyway, here are the precious photos we took...
I've got to urge to compare these photos with the ones I took in 2005, for the same event, but for my undergrad... Maybe on a later date huh?


I really liked the balloons...


..... And so do all of us...

One of the speakers, Professor Robin Alfredson, gave a very interesting and inspiring talk of the day... which also, involves 4 little stories, and 2 of them consists of DONKEYS. hehe...

With the professor and Carol (or is it Coral?)

Candy and I with the koala that we wanted, but didn't get to win...
There were only 6 for giveaway, but there are so many of us there!
Out of luck, as always...

All smiles...

That's how our gowns look like from the back...


Proud Media graduates... We ROCK!

Joanna and me~

Candy and me~

YC and me~

Riesa and me~
Girls, we survived!! YAY!!!

Another photo from the back...
And I sorta forced them to take this... because it was in the rain! And they tried so hard to make the pic look 'dramatic'... hahahaha...
The weather was horrible for such an occasion... BOOO...

Matheson Library... our favorite place to be...
(Oh really!)

The postgrad room that we shared our woes in...

The usual corner YC and I did our theses at... minus the books and laptop
Well maybe not all the time... but sometimes... hahaha...

Do I even look half like a graduate? (Hmmm I don't think so...)

Inspired from the traditional Chinese culture...
Who looks most elegant?

I will miss u guys! ALOT~
Let's pray that our theses, and our Media ethics assignments will be ok... And we will all pass, graduate, and live life! YAY!! hehehe...
And I hope we girls will still stay in touch after graduating! It's been a fun 1.5 years, and it's been great knowing you all, and hanging out with you all, and sweating through those assignments with you all... Wish you girls all the best in your future endeavors, wherever you may be!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And.... to "celebrate" my so-called submissions, went to watch "Elizabeth: The Golden Age", which was a fantastic movie acted by an equally fantastic, veteran and versatile actress Cate Blanchett (who's also from Melbourne, Australia!), along with Geoffrey Rush and Clive Owens. You should really watch her movies. She's a really good actress!

RIght now, I'm just trying to gather inner peace within myself. I have to keep myself busy, yet relaxed and composed at the same time. And fingers crossed that I'll get Mon-Fri work next week! Well they told me it's likely going to be, but not too sure yet. Whatever it is, just tell myself 2 words: "Heck Care!"... Yeah... that's it.
To a certain extent, I think I've accomplished it because I'm getting less bothered by trivial things. And even better, I am beginning to turn a blind eye over things that I stumbled on by my 'resourceful-ness" and "sensitivity" and felt bitter for a sec, then turned my back on the issue and go "OH... WHATEVER..."... My famous quote, that one, as told to me by someone. "Whatever"... Yeah... "Whatever..." is the next word I must always tell myself.
Ok, I shall stop here... Until next time, that's all I'm gonna say... Take care, folks! :)
YES!!! This spectacular 'event' happened on Tuesday, 20 Nov, 5pm (just in time!)
Looking at the 50 pages (double spacing, Times New Roman, 12 font) worth of my blood, sweat, time and youth all on it, I really wonder what it's worth. Maybe nothing much at all... I dunno... Because I am not expecting a lot. And I suspect it's not worth a lot either. Anyway, it's done now, and I shall try not to worry about it too much. Enjoy before the possibly "bad" news might come.
However, I still keep my fingers crossed that I will get to graduate (DUH! Who doesn't??). I've already attended the "International Students Farewell Program" on the next day, Wednesday (which was yesterday) for gowning, talk sessions and photo taking (my fave part!). It's almost like a quarter path to graduation. And it was fun too! But it'll be more fun if everyone from our gang were here~ There were just 5 of us - Riesa, YC, Candy, Joanna and me... But we got to wear our gowns and stuff, so it was really interesting, even though it's not my first time wearing it...
For Monash University, the hood is turquoise in colour. And the other colour will signify which faculty you are from. For us, we're from the Arts faculty, so our hood colour will be the pinkish "old rose" colour. And for Masters degree, you can't really differentiate the gown with the bachelor one, because it is exactly the same, except for the sleeve. Masters graduate will wear a 'shorter' sleeve than the undergraduates. Diplomate and doctorate degrees will have more difference in their attire. However, it doesn't matter. We all look damn smart after putting our gowns on. lol... The only thing is, the hat that we wore were quite a nuisance. Firstly, for big heads like me, I cannot fit in the medium hat... so I got to go for the large one. However, the large one is a tad too big, so it kept wanting to fall off whenever I look down or if I have more vigorous head movements. Secondly, the tassle can be quite irritating. It should be kept on our left, but it keeps going elsewhere. I look like a messed-up graduand.
Anyway, here are the precious photos we took...
I've got to urge to compare these photos with the ones I took in 2005, for the same event, but for my undergrad... Maybe on a later date huh?


I really liked the balloons...


..... And so do all of us...

One of the speakers, Professor Robin Alfredson, gave a very interesting and inspiring talk of the day... which also, involves 4 little stories, and 2 of them consists of DONKEYS. hehe...

With the professor and Carol (or is it Coral?)

Candy and I with the koala that we wanted, but didn't get to win...
There were only 6 for giveaway, but there are so many of us there!
Out of luck, as always...

All smiles...

That's how our gowns look like from the back...


Proud Media graduates... We ROCK!

Joanna and me~

Candy and me~

YC and me~

Riesa and me~
Girls, we survived!! YAY!!!

Another photo from the back...
And I sorta forced them to take this... because it was in the rain! And they tried so hard to make the pic look 'dramatic'... hahahaha...
The weather was horrible for such an occasion... BOOO...

Matheson Library... our favorite place to be...
(Oh really!)

The postgrad room that we shared our woes in...

The usual corner YC and I did our theses at... minus the books and laptop
Well maybe not all the time... but sometimes... hahaha...

Do I even look half like a graduate? (Hmmm I don't think so...)

Inspired from the traditional Chinese culture...
Who looks most elegant?

I will miss u guys! ALOT~
Let's pray that our theses, and our Media ethics assignments will be ok... And we will all pass, graduate, and live life! YAY!! hehehe...
And I hope we girls will still stay in touch after graduating! It's been a fun 1.5 years, and it's been great knowing you all, and hanging out with you all, and sweating through those assignments with you all... Wish you girls all the best in your future endeavors, wherever you may be!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And.... to "celebrate" my so-called submissions, went to watch "Elizabeth: The Golden Age", which was a fantastic movie acted by an equally fantastic, veteran and versatile actress Cate Blanchett (who's also from Melbourne, Australia!), along with Geoffrey Rush and Clive Owens. You should really watch her movies. She's a really good actress!

RIght now, I'm just trying to gather inner peace within myself. I have to keep myself busy, yet relaxed and composed at the same time. And fingers crossed that I'll get Mon-Fri work next week! Well they told me it's likely going to be, but not too sure yet. Whatever it is, just tell myself 2 words: "Heck Care!"... Yeah... that's it.
To a certain extent, I think I've accomplished it because I'm getting less bothered by trivial things. And even better, I am beginning to turn a blind eye over things that I stumbled on by my 'resourceful-ness" and "sensitivity" and felt bitter for a sec, then turned my back on the issue and go "OH... WHATEVER..."... My famous quote, that one, as told to me by someone. "Whatever"... Yeah... "Whatever..." is the next word I must always tell myself.
Ok, I shall stop here... Until next time, that's all I'm gonna say... Take care, folks! :)
Comments