I like to work, but not the job scope...

This week passed me like a breeze... Unlike the past month, where I simply just sat around and did my thesis in the library, now I've went back to work. Call me insane, but I love to work. It doesn't mean school work is not 'work', but I like to keep myself freaking busy, and in addition, have some extra cash in hand. But honestly, I do not really like the job scope. For starters, I am not a big fan of a 9 to 5 job. That's one of the reasons why I don't fancy business courses because I might just end up in a 9-5 job. And I do not like wearing business/office attire either, though I do know that is a basic requirement in most firms you work in. I am just not someone who loves my skirts, black pants, blouses and heels. I can't believe I am back doing administrative stuff, after telling myself that it is not what defines me after my sucky AIA Breakthrough days. Either way, it's just casual position, it is not permanent. This is how I console myself.

Oh, did I mention I dread the 8.30am work??? Gosh... I simply hate that! I stay in Clayton, and I work in the city. If I am to report to work at 8.30am, I have to wake up at 6.15am to catch the first shuttle bus out at 7.30am, to reach work on time. Gosh, by the time I finish work I crave for a private plane out to courier me back to my bed! Coming Monday... same torture. I think that might be the case every Monday, if I will be in-charge of the 'Silver' segment. To think I used to complain before when I need to go to work by 11am. Now, I am simply cursing and swearing my head off!

But, busy's good. Keeps my mind off things. I've been so busy with adapting to my new working environment, and trying to remember everything taught to me (at first attempt) that I do not have alot of time and space to think about the things I do not want to think about. And besides, I prefer to be busy. I do not like sitting around really. I have a restless nature, and I fidget alot. On top of that, I am expanding 'smoothly' horizontally, with no delay. How awesome! Before long I will need to shop at the 'Big City Chic' and 'My Size' stores here.

This week is Week 13, which also means, it is the last week of school. It doesn't make a difference to me anyway, since I only go in to class once a week, for 2 hours. Nothing's changed. I will still be working on my thesis and major essay when I'm not working. I'm getting sick of September 11 and internet as a means of reporting. I am not looking forward to research my Clinton-Lewinsky scandal... but I have to still survive through this period of less than a month. The pile of books in my room never seems to lower its height. The moment I return some books, I'll have more new books in to replace them. Perhaps this time round I need to get new pair of glasses with added thickness when I go back to Singapore...

Week 13... I did my 5th program. But it's not gonna be my last. I'll still go in to do my program on Fridays, despite that it's not school term. There's still the exams anyway. And I do enjoy doing my program. This week, I was kinda distracted whilst doing my program, especially towards the end... I seem to drift off, and struggling to find words to say... horrible me! I discussed about Facebook on my program, after having read articles of it about its rising popularity and the fact that they are offering $10 millions grants for people who are interested in doing business with them! I was quite interested in this whole Facebook phenomenon, since I myself am a user, and I got quite hooked to it after being introduced to it a couple of months back. I was intrigued with the interactivity it offers, as opposed to Friendster, which I've been a member for several years now. There are lot of interactive games and activities on Facebook, combining online games, sending gifts, song dedications, poke your friends, zombies/vampires/slayers, play poker, own virtual pets, virtual communities and alot more... It's interesting, but I need to know when and how to get out of it so I can concentrate on my school work instead!


******************************************************

Anyway, for Tuesday's usual movie night, we watched "The Nanny Diaries", which turned out to be pretty good! It is about this fresh anthropology uni grad, who went to work as a nanny in a super high-class, super rich family, which she name them Mr. and Mrs X, and taking care of their spoilt brat kid, and battling their demands, overcome the differences in her social class with her employers, yet at the same time trying to take care and to pacify of the impossible-to-handle kid, and at the same time still falling in love with the guy from the building. Scarlett Johansson plays the nanny, and I think she did an awesome job. Other casts include Chris Evans, Nicholas Art (the cute little boy!), Alicia Keys and Laura Linney.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

*******************************************************

Then on Friday night, as usual, after my program I set off to the city and met Chris, and together we went to Yongshan and Suya's home for dinner~ This time we had steamboat! Simple and less troublesome. They have already brewed the soup with the chicken spare ribs and it smelled fabulous! So we just dumped in all the fish balls, shrimp balls, crab sticks, tofu, vegetables, chicken, mushrooms etc etc etc and waited for it to cook, and had a really filling and satisfying meal. The ginger dipping sauce that Suya made was so delicious too! And we rounded off our meal with some chocolate ice-cream. Yummmmmm....

I was lazy to go home, so I decided to stay overnight at Yongshan's place. Ended up doing my assignment with Suya's computer whilst the 2 sisters collapsed onto their bed and slept. Saturday morning we went to McDonald's for breakfast and then shopping at Victoria market. Nice~ I haven't shopped at Victoria Market on a Saturday morning for a loooooonggg time! It was bustling with people, and there were just so many things - fruits, vegetables, fresh seafood, meats and there are more other stuff like clothes and souveniors on the other side, but there wasn't sufficient time to go over. I got myself some prawns and salmon. Salmon's SO EXPENSIVE!!! One small piece cost me AUD $8! *Faints*

Anyway, here's a collage of my 'fooling around' with my camera... Just like to take pictures of food and food, and more food....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sq 1: Goofy me with an orange shoved in my mouth

Sq 2: Ladies finger which turned out too black thanks to the soy sauce I used.

Sq 3: Me eating Ddok Bokk Gi

Sq 4: My first attempt of cooking Ddok Bokk Gi... which turns out good. (well.. it's all packaged and ready-to-cook anyway... hahahaha.....)

Sq 5: I did not cook these. Heh... Those were caesar salad, banana split and a bowl of fries from Melbourne Lion Hotel in Melbourne Central.

Sq 6: Yummy sago.... by Sharuen...

Sq 7: Eh? Sorry but I really dunno what this pic is about either... -_-;;;

Sq 8: A slightly burnt egg with preserved turnips... Trust me with all the cooking disasters!

Sq 9: I made honey joys again... but this time, the results aren't as good as the previous ones...

******************************************************
Last Saturday, we did go to Chadstone to shop a little. But I wasn't feeling well so we ended up sitting at Gloria Jeans to have a cuppa coffee whilst I kept running to the toilet. Trust that monthly auntie and her brutality~ We saw some bears at David Jones and really liked it, and I really like the grey one... but it costs $29.95 for a mere bear.... so we took back with us photos of us and the bears.... consider them bought~

And I wanted that maltese from the pet shop in Melbourne Central! They are just so adorable!!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sq 1, Sq 2 and Sq 4: Bears, bears, bears!

Sq 3, Sq 6 and Sq 7: sigh.... I wish I own them! All 3 malteses!

Sq 5: The crescent I tried to take, but didn't turn out well...

Sq 8: Someone tell me I'm utterly bored! Yeah... from waiting the bus, so I snapped... Chadstone.

Sq 9: Just some random snapshot of me in the toilet. Hahahahaha... Trust me, toilets are the best place for being a cam-whore!

******************************************************

The weather's getting warmer nowadays... Right now as I am blogging, I feel like I'm actually accessing the web in a sauna... :o( According to the weatherman, today's 33 degrees! ARGH..... It's the best day to do the laundry (which I did!) yet it's a torture of summer haters like me! But tomorrow the weather says it'll be 23 degrees. Dang... how the weather fluctuates here... like the share market. And coming days, it'll be between 18-23 degrees I think... Cool... I wish the weather stays that way! It's too early for summer!

And as and when I can, I'll pop in some time to watch 황진이... now at Episode 18 already... My emotions flow with the drama as well... I'm giving thumbs up, and TOES up for this drama. People wondered why am I watching such a 'boring' period drama, from Korea. This drama does not really have much humour, and is pretty slow-paced. It's full of art and literature. But, I am intrigued with the beauty, and the quality of it. Not to mention, I have loved ancient art and literature since young, especially from countries like China, Korea and Japan. In this drama, you can see the pain of being a courtesan - smile when you are sad, joke even when you are angry, dance when you can't dance, cut off love because they can't love, sleep with men for the sake of power even if that means they shed tears. And yet they still suffer the scrutiny of the society because of their low social status. The anger and hatred of Jin-Yi (or Myung-Wol, her courtesan name), her revenge on the noble men, and her emotion-less mistress, yet she is crumbling inside. The prodigy in her, and the talent she possessed, but yet she is full of poison because of her hatred and confusion with the realities. The story portrayed this character so well! Now I am excited to see how Jin-Yi overcomes all these, and transform herself to become the most recognised artist in the Jo-Seon dynasty. Kudos to Ha Ji-Won! I've gained new respect for her for her role as Hwang Jin-Yi. She really did a fantastic job!

Dear dear... to think I am actually blogging here when I have an assignment due tomorrow! I am seriously procrastinating! Better get back to work before it's too late!

Comments