Trip to Phillip Island

Finally, I am able to get a break to go to Phillip Island~~ Though my assignment is still dangling halfway... But it's good to be going out and taking a breather instead of working so hard everyday.

Thanks to TJ's recommendations of his church camp to Phillip Island, Edwin and I were invited to join them, even though we are both non-Christians. It is a 2 days 2 nights stay, starting Friday night (27th Apr) to Sunday afternoon (29th). Most of the 366 people who went to the camp are from Singapore or Malaysia, some of them are from China, Indonesia, Korea, South America and South Africa. Quite a mix of people around.

6pm on Friday night, everyone met everyone at the corner of LaTrobe and Swanston, outside the State Library. Eventually we started our journey to Phillip Island at 7+pm (we were the last bus to depart). I knew almost no one there, even though most of them frequently patron Singapore Chom Chom. But they only come on Sunday night after church service, and I hardly work on Sunday nights. So most of them know, or have seen Edwin before. A few, though, knows who I am, and came to say hi. I DO know Tuck Wee, Sylvia and John from the camp though, but they were quite busy with their stuff. So most of the time, Edwin and I were stuck to each other.

When we arrived at Phillip Island, it was already 9.30pm, and we attended the first church session at the hall. Wow... there were rock christian music, and all of them turned hyper and loud, jumping and shaking with the music. It was interesting actually, until the pastor starts to preach for more than an hour... it started to get really boring for non-Christians like me. After that, we were shown to our roms, where I'll be sharing with 4 other girls. However, I only got to know another VERY young (16 year old) girl from Singapore, who slept in the upper bunk, named Hannah. She just made me feel so OLD..... lol...

Supper followed... Had cup noodles... And they did not have any chopsticks or fork, so we resorted to use ICE-CREAM STICKS as our 'chopsticks'..... -__-;;; Edwin and I shared one cup noodle. That night ended late, and all of us were tired. Slept at 4am.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The first session I attended... It was dark inside, so it isn't very clear... They were all jumping and getting all excited with the music.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ever ate cup noodles with ice-cream sticks?
I won't recommend u to try...

The next day, Saturday, we woke up early for a 8am breakfast. Edwin and I chose to skip the sessions, and went around ourselves instead. Walked around the lake, which was calm and cold, yet beautiful at the same time in the early morning.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
By the lakeside

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He's being forced to smile

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Actually we weren't very awake la... it's just 9am...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The resort we stayed at: Adventure Resort..


Then, we went to A Maze n Things and had lots of fun there. Before entering the big maze, we had lots of looking around at some fun, intriguing, interesting stuff that they displayed, such as experiencing gravity and falling down the tall, scary slide...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I wish I know how to play chess...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Biggest Best Backward Clock - try saying that sentence FAST. ;)

Magic mirrors...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Short legs..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We are tall...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Long legs?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yikes!! What happened to us?!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We went for this giant slide... it was kinda scary, but really fun when u were sliding down - FULL FORCE

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The confusing maze..
We were supposed to find the 4 different coloured flags and then find our way out. We found 3 out of 4.


Next, we went to the Koala Conservation, where we paid $9.20 for the entrance fee to see koalas. Most of the koalas are high up in the trees, however, we encountered one who came down and made a 'performance' for us... He climbed down, scratched, crawled on the bannisters, pausing and facing us to let us take photos, and then crawled elsewhere (and seems apparently happy we followed him), before climbing back up and munch his leaves. SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to bring him home...... He was such an entertainer!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
That's a FAKE koala...
and I love this photo

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
koalas sleep 20hours a day... I hope I can be like them~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The cute little koala...
actually not little. he's really fat
but this is the koala who came closest to us

I badly wanted to go to the Penguin Parade. Afterall, that's what people usually visit Phillip Island for... However, it was really far from where we are (12km)... not accessible by foot, and we do not have a car. The thing is, we followed a church group, and their main purpose is to have their sessions there, and have fun and activities there, not to tour. So it was a pity....

After the activities (which I didn't join), and dinner at night, they have another session, so Edwin and I walked around in the dark, all the way at the back of the resort, where there are set-up logs, swings and see-saw. We played around there. Edwin used the pulley to pull me up to the tip of the swing, and then he let go, and SWOOOSH.... off I go... FUN~ Then it's my turn to pull him. Then I sat on his lap and we go together. It was so fun~ The see-saw was fun too~ Brought me back to childhood days.. And we lay on the see-saw to gaze at the stars.... It was a starry night... really pretty...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Our dinner - potatos, buttered cauliflower, beans, carrots, ham and bread

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Him in the dark

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me in the dark

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Us in the dark

The great thing is... I got to know MANY people. Made lots of friends too~ Took some photos here and there... My camera's running out of batteries~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Tuck Wee and I - he also works at Chom Chom

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sylvia and I - she used to work at Chom Chom for a short time too

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Josephine and I - she's John's sister... and she stays just next room to mine at the camp.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Julie and I

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Edwin squeezed in for a shot

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
John and I..


On Sunday, we had breakfast. Edwin and I were planning on going for the last session, but we ended up chatting with TJ, Allen (a really good-looking Korean guy I got to know) and Wayne (another Singaporean guy) in the dining area. Before long, we had lunch, then we were ready to head back to Melbourne. Took lots of photos with some people that I know though.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
First off... to introduce this 'shuai shuai' Korean friend of mine - Allen Lee (Song Jae).
And it's today that I realized that this handsome man, whom I've already noticed on my first night here, is KOREAN, and he is Edwin's roommate!
So the Korean that Edwin has been telling me about is the guy that I've already noticed and admired. LOL...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Us and Allen

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Alex - a guy with a dry sense of humour. lol...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
With TJ - he's Indonesian who has stayed in Singapore for 6 years... Edwin's basketball friend.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
With K... or whichever's her full name. She introduced herself as 'K'...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
With Aaron - a friendly guy...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Funny faces...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Linda - Chom Chom's regular customer
Me, Sylvia and Edwin - all from Chom Chom

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another shot with Alex and Allen

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
With Josephine, Allen, Ashley and John...


Eventually we set off at 1pm, ending our journey at Phillip Island. Hopefully I get to go back again, for the Penguin Parade!!

Overall - fun~ Great to know lots of friends. Great to get a break. Great to be with him.
What more can I ask for?

Comments

Popular Posts