Cut my locks
Went back to Tampines St. 11, my old 'hometown' to visit our family doctor. Finally managed to persuade and calm Mom down to go through blood tests. The mere thought of a needle being poked into her skin terrifies her, so she has hesitated and rejected blood tests. But today I managed to make her overcome her fear. :)
Tampines St. 11 changed alot! We've stayed there for 15 years, but it's only after we moved away then it started to develop and change. The round market there has gone through major renovations and now it's quite different. Missed this place! I practically spent my childhood and entire teenage life there.
Next, we went back to East Point, and we went to inspect Mom's shop, which is still under renovation. The guy inside was setting up the wires for the lighting. The floor still needs to be carpeted. But bascially the shelves are up, and everything's almost done. Approximately another 2 weeks it'll be ready for opening. There's a guy overseeing the renovation, who's my dad's colleague's son, and Mom treated him lunch to thank him for his effort. Dad roped in his colleagues to help for our convenience. I'm thinking of ways to help decorate the shop. But I'm afraid I won't be able to help out when the shop opens cuz I'll be back in Australia by then.
After lunch, I spent a BOMB. First, went to get myself a new pair of glasses, and that costs SGD$195. Second, finally CHOPPED off my lion's mane, for SGD$185 at Pro Trim. It's the same procedure every year I return - cut, rebond, treatment. 3-4hrs worth of butt-pain and boredom (magazines doesn't seem to help much when u're on the verge of falling asleep) and sniffing of chemicals. But the end result is: SHIOK. My head feels so light!! :)

My current hairstyle... Lighter!! Pardon my eye bags! I feel super tired!
And I think I've gained weight! I feel super bloated. However, at the doctor's today, I took my height and weight, and got a shock. Since WHEN am I standing at 1.70m??! The last I measured I was 1.67m. My mean is 1.68m. It's not possible I grew taller in a year right? Luckily my weight remained constant (i.e. didn't gain weight *whew*), but then, why do I feel so fat?!
Maybe cuz I've been indulging sinfully in all the foods here~ Eat and eat and didn't really exercise much. Just lazing. I've no job to let me lose weight. I love roti prata ALOT. I dunno why.

my roti telor that dad bought back for us the other day

Mum also cooked my favorite cream corn soup~! yummy!!

The char siew wanton noodles I had today.
Imagine, this meal (though smaller portion) costs SGD$2.50, = AUD$2.10
In Australia, this meal (though bigger portion) costs AUD$7.80 = SGD$9.10
=S
The size of the meal doesn't really make significant difference. The price is!
It's 18 days to my return to OZ~
Not that I'm happy to countdown...
Tampines St. 11 changed alot! We've stayed there for 15 years, but it's only after we moved away then it started to develop and change. The round market there has gone through major renovations and now it's quite different. Missed this place! I practically spent my childhood and entire teenage life there.
Next, we went back to East Point, and we went to inspect Mom's shop, which is still under renovation. The guy inside was setting up the wires for the lighting. The floor still needs to be carpeted. But bascially the shelves are up, and everything's almost done. Approximately another 2 weeks it'll be ready for opening. There's a guy overseeing the renovation, who's my dad's colleague's son, and Mom treated him lunch to thank him for his effort. Dad roped in his colleagues to help for our convenience. I'm thinking of ways to help decorate the shop. But I'm afraid I won't be able to help out when the shop opens cuz I'll be back in Australia by then.
After lunch, I spent a BOMB. First, went to get myself a new pair of glasses, and that costs SGD$195. Second, finally CHOPPED off my lion's mane, for SGD$185 at Pro Trim. It's the same procedure every year I return - cut, rebond, treatment. 3-4hrs worth of butt-pain and boredom (magazines doesn't seem to help much when u're on the verge of falling asleep) and sniffing of chemicals. But the end result is: SHIOK. My head feels so light!! :)

My current hairstyle... Lighter!! Pardon my eye bags! I feel super tired!
And I think I've gained weight! I feel super bloated. However, at the doctor's today, I took my height and weight, and got a shock. Since WHEN am I standing at 1.70m??! The last I measured I was 1.67m. My mean is 1.68m. It's not possible I grew taller in a year right? Luckily my weight remained constant (i.e. didn't gain weight *whew*), but then, why do I feel so fat?!
Maybe cuz I've been indulging sinfully in all the foods here~ Eat and eat and didn't really exercise much. Just lazing. I've no job to let me lose weight. I love roti prata ALOT. I dunno why.

my roti telor that dad bought back for us the other day

Mum also cooked my favorite cream corn soup~! yummy!!

The char siew wanton noodles I had today.
Imagine, this meal (though smaller portion) costs SGD$2.50, = AUD$2.10
In Australia, this meal (though bigger portion) costs AUD$7.80 = SGD$9.10
=S
The size of the meal doesn't really make significant difference. The price is!
It's 18 days to my return to OZ~
Not that I'm happy to countdown...
Comments