Being Happy. Always Laughing. Having Fun.
Last night (or perhaps, this morning), I have initiated a supper gathering after work for some of us. I was starving on that Sunday night at work and had badly needed something to eat. Coincidentally Jeremy asked if Yiyi has driven to work and I replied that she didn't. So he offered to send us back after work, and an idea struck me. "LET'S GO SUPPER!!!" I said. Jeremy agreed. Yiyi always agrees. I 'jio-ed' Zhan, Wei, Benise and Frankie, who joined us. Cissy and Evan couldn't, therefore they pulled out. We drove to Box Hill's Zhen Zhen for supper. OMG... we were so loud and happy then! Heaps of jokes flying around, and I finally got to eat my "Salt and pepper chicken" after craving for it for a looooonnng time... After supper I felt like I've never eaten at all... Laughed too much and have already worked off all my energy.
I was literally like a person who was either badly drunk, or high on drugs. Made everyone laugh and laugh. Lots of Cantonese jokes flying around the table, which only Zhan, Benise, Frankie and I understood. Yiyi and Jeremy understand the language but never really use it. Wei doesn't even understand a word of Cantonese, so he was just sitting there like a poor fella.... I think Wei probably gets a shock if he sees me out of work (first time hanging out with us). Where did that sullen Clarice go....?? But I am only sullen at work. After work I'm a different person. I think everyone is different after work. How'd you imagine we all can laugh and joke so much when we are actually seriously working our asses off (especially when it's so busy)?!
Laughing makes one really relaxed and a good way to de-stress. Life is short, why so serious?? I should laugh a lot more then...
...........................................................................................................
Then on Saturday (6/11) I met up with Shu Yea and Yong Shan and had more laughing session going on. It was my ONLY day off and I had the entire day to myself! I've never had the entire day to myself for a long time now!! Met Shu Yea in the city first and had lunch with her. Then we traveled to Glenferrie and met up with Yong Shan and we went to Browns to have some cake and coffee. The whole stretch of Glenferrie Road has 'painted-horses' for Melbourne Cup and they are on display either on the road sides or in the shops. However, we only saw 3 painted horses cuz we went late and some of the horses had already been locked away in the shops when they close. Went back to the city after wandering around and went to Myer. Had a crazy time over there trying on the fascinators and taking photos. All the fascinators at Myer are so DEAR!! I wore one which cost $1000++. You can easily make one yourself instead of investing in one.
Dinner time - went to Oriental Spoon and had some Korean BBQ. Ordered a serve of pork belly and a serve of chicken. Plus a main serve of Kimchi pancake. The pork belly was really yummmmmmmmm... Should have ordered 2 serves of that and no chicken.
Chilled out at Max Brenner afterwards for some sweet sensations. Ordered dark chocolate mocha frappe and some chocolates. Too sinful, but all is worth it after our chit-chat cum joking session, plus, making plans to catch the new "Harry Potter" and going to the Weribbee open-range zoo over Christmas!
Oh... and after preaching myself to save up for my upcoming big trip (therefore there should be NO shopping), I breached that 'promise' and bought a pair of shoes on discount for $60 at Laurent in Melbourne Central.
I've been wanting a pair of shoes like this for a long time but there are always expensive everywhere... I love this pair! Looks great with jeans!
I have realized that it is actually much better to have some fun with friends after a stressful day at work. No matter how hard my work is, and how fucked up my bosses are, how hard life is trying to support myself; I keep a positive attitude and after work I will complain it out with my work mates and then we will laugh it off. There is nothing better than to be happy as much as you can. Honestly, after learning how to let things go I felt like I am a brand new person. There really is nothing to harp on when it is not even worthy of me to keep holding on.

Comments