Mary's birthday and more photos~
Full of birthdays in May... And in Chom Chom, the 3rd birthday girl would be Mary, whose Grace's elder sister. She turns 25 on 14 May...
Perhaps it's all fate that brought us together... I wasn't expecting to know so many May babies in half a year's time. However, the closest will be me and Edwin, since we're all 1983 babies, and just 3 days apart, and from Singapore as well.
There isn't any big party for Mary's birthday. She came by Chom Chom when I knock off at 3pm, and brought some eggtarts and a coffee tiramisu cake for all of us. Between 3-4pm there was only one customer, so we sang Happy Birthday song for her, and she cuts her cake. The cake tastes really good! My 4th round of cakes for this week... ENOUGH! I am accumulating TOO MUCH FATS already!
After which, Grace knocks off (at 4pm) too so we went shopping for awhile. Then Grace left for her yoga session, and Mary, Edwin and I went to Cookies (Curtin House), which is a pub/cafe on Swanston St. to have some drinks. After that we went to Oriental Spoon, a Korean restaurant off La Trobe, to have dinner. I wasn't very hungry, and the rice cake (dokk bbok gi) i ordered was so much I can't even finish! So I got to take them all home...

The delightful coffee tiramisu... yummy!

Mary - the birthday girl
And more photos from my birthday party... Sin sent them all to me, but there are just TOO MANY, so I'll share a couple here...

I like this photo... for the effects

I love my cake~

Cake cutting

Mary gotta help me cuz I suck at fractions lolll

Yoke Huey and I - she's a really cool girl... a great partner to work with, and she's sensitive to feelings and all...
And can I just say that I never look good in candids cuz I will somehow look really weird. Sigh.
I'm glad I worked in Chom Chom in a way... I made lots of friends, and all of us are FRIENDS, not just work colleagues. We have lots of fun times together. However, it might be possible that I'm leaving really soon... Cuz I can't take the hurt anymore, and that's the main reason, more than the low pay and long hours. For sure I am happy working there, but there's just one thing, one person, one factor that I cannot withstand... I dunno how to request to leave though.... And I need to get another job to pay my rent. And I have to find time to do my major assignments as well.... What am I supposed to do like that???
Perhaps it's all fate that brought us together... I wasn't expecting to know so many May babies in half a year's time. However, the closest will be me and Edwin, since we're all 1983 babies, and just 3 days apart, and from Singapore as well.
There isn't any big party for Mary's birthday. She came by Chom Chom when I knock off at 3pm, and brought some eggtarts and a coffee tiramisu cake for all of us. Between 3-4pm there was only one customer, so we sang Happy Birthday song for her, and she cuts her cake. The cake tastes really good! My 4th round of cakes for this week... ENOUGH! I am accumulating TOO MUCH FATS already!
After which, Grace knocks off (at 4pm) too so we went shopping for awhile. Then Grace left for her yoga session, and Mary, Edwin and I went to Cookies (Curtin House), which is a pub/cafe on Swanston St. to have some drinks. After that we went to Oriental Spoon, a Korean restaurant off La Trobe, to have dinner. I wasn't very hungry, and the rice cake (dokk bbok gi) i ordered was so much I can't even finish! So I got to take them all home...

The delightful coffee tiramisu... yummy!

Mary - the birthday girl
And more photos from my birthday party... Sin sent them all to me, but there are just TOO MANY, so I'll share a couple here...

I like this photo... for the effects

I love my cake~

Cake cutting

Mary gotta help me cuz I suck at fractions lolll

Yoke Huey and I - she's a really cool girl... a great partner to work with, and she's sensitive to feelings and all...
And can I just say that I never look good in candids cuz I will somehow look really weird. Sigh.
I'm glad I worked in Chom Chom in a way... I made lots of friends, and all of us are FRIENDS, not just work colleagues. We have lots of fun times together. However, it might be possible that I'm leaving really soon... Cuz I can't take the hurt anymore, and that's the main reason, more than the low pay and long hours. For sure I am happy working there, but there's just one thing, one person, one factor that I cannot withstand... I dunno how to request to leave though.... And I need to get another job to pay my rent. And I have to find time to do my major assignments as well.... What am I supposed to do like that???
Comments