24th Birthday
13 May 2007 - I turned 24. 2 dozen years old.
Birthdays are supposed to be an enjoyable occassion. It WAS fun. But I couldn't enjoy a single moment of it ever since after the moment my heart was shattered into pieces by all those actions displayed right before my eyes. In futile attempt to save my birthday, I got to endure. I told myself: I MUST NOT CRY on my birthday! I mustn't see. I mustn't hear. I mustn't feel. But, the hurt and cut I feel... the feeling that my heart has burst and died... so prominent that I can't ignore. My birthday... RUINED in overall.
Amelia - thank you for listening to me rant and complain on that chilly night. I feel so sorry to have disturbed u, and to let u know that I am not good, and that my birthday is ruined just like that. I wish I could control myself. But I couldn't...
Anyway, we went to The Lounge for clubbing and some alcohol... I went over with some others at 11pm, and waited for the rest to knock off from work to join us. At the stroke of 12 am, Edwin and Grace entered with a sparkling huge chocolate blackberry birthday cake... very nice... All of them gathered round to sing me a birthday song, and I made my wish. After indulging in the cake, the unusually hyper Chris got up and pulled everyone to the dancefloor. I tried to dance as best I could... but I realised I can't really dance... Maybe cuz I've turned old already... Maybe cuz I've not gone clubbing for a long time... Maybe cuz I'm simply not in the mood. Either way, my 'performance' on the dance floor has deteriorated since my last clubbing days.
We left The Lounge at about 3+am, and settled for supper at Chillipadi. Chilled out til 4.30am when we all start to head back. This time round I bunked in with Szerene and Carene. Szerene and I chatted until near 7am before we finally drifted off to bed.
Pictures of the night:

My enormous cake~

Cutting cake

My birthday kiss...

My birthday hug...

Me, Szerene, Carene, Grace, and a very hyper Chris

Mary, Grace, Me, Carene and Sin

Big group photo (minus Yoke Huey who took photo for us)

Mary and I - her birthday is coming soon... 14 may.. and she turns 25

Stuck between 2 sisters - I love Yong Shan and Suya! Thanks for the roses!
After less than 4 hours of sleep, I woke up, showered, and got ready to meet up with Anson and Chris for lunch. Chris woke up late, so Anson and I waited for him at Max Brenner. When Chris arrived, I suggested eating ramen cuz it's my birthday (a substitute for the traditional 'long life' noodles) so we went to Ajisen Ramen to have Japanese meal. I had seafood ramen. It wasn't too bad.

That's Anson...

That's me with my little present...

Anson's present for me: a little coin pouch from Japan.

My seafood ramen

Anson and Chris

Anson and I

Chris and I

3 of us
At 4pm, I met up with Eva. She somehow managed to make my day. It was great talking to her, but we do not have enough time to really catch up. So we'll have to meet up again! I'm glad that one of my closest friends in Australia has finally moved from Sydney to Melbourne.


Eva and I together

Thank you Eva for such a lovely present!
Our plan was to have dinner with my Chom Chom colleagues and Sharuen at 6pm. However, Edwin and Grace were forced to work at night, therefore I told Szerene that we shall do dinner again another day. So in the end I had dinner with Sharuen alone. But I was kinda glad I am not having to deal with another big group outing. And I'm glad that I'm being 'exempted' from another few heart-breaking scenes.....
Sharuen and I had dinner at this new Thai restaurant on Swanston Street (Ghin Tao or something like that)... I had my usual fave Thai food - Pad Thai. Sharuen had a really healthy, yet really spicy papaya salad. After which we headed to Crown's Grecco, got ourselves 2 slices of cakes (chocolate strawberry and chocolate vanilla), and sat along Yarra River to enjoy the fattening pieces of cake.

Me and Eva's gift

Sharuen

My yummy pad thai

Me in Southgate, facing the Yarra River

The 2 slices of cakes

Yummmm...

I'm tackling all 2 of them ;)
Presenting: Roses for my birthday by Yong Shan and Su Ya.

So pretty... I'm going to preserve them.

And... presenting: my very first birthday gift from my sister, Amelia... flew in all the way from Singapore~ Very lovely pair of earrings! I love them~

Lovely earrings...
And... that's about all that makes up my birthday story...
Nothing fancy. Just mainly gathering with friends.
And finally I'm a year older.
Not appreciating it, but I got to accept that I AM 2 dozen years old...
6 more years to the big 30s. Somewhere I do not want to reach anytime soon!
p/s: my clubbing photos are incomplete. still awaiting some more photos to come from Sin's camera.
Birthdays are supposed to be an enjoyable occassion. It WAS fun. But I couldn't enjoy a single moment of it ever since after the moment my heart was shattered into pieces by all those actions displayed right before my eyes. In futile attempt to save my birthday, I got to endure. I told myself: I MUST NOT CRY on my birthday! I mustn't see. I mustn't hear. I mustn't feel. But, the hurt and cut I feel... the feeling that my heart has burst and died... so prominent that I can't ignore. My birthday... RUINED in overall.
Amelia - thank you for listening to me rant and complain on that chilly night. I feel so sorry to have disturbed u, and to let u know that I am not good, and that my birthday is ruined just like that. I wish I could control myself. But I couldn't...
Anyway, we went to The Lounge for clubbing and some alcohol... I went over with some others at 11pm, and waited for the rest to knock off from work to join us. At the stroke of 12 am, Edwin and Grace entered with a sparkling huge chocolate blackberry birthday cake... very nice... All of them gathered round to sing me a birthday song, and I made my wish. After indulging in the cake, the unusually hyper Chris got up and pulled everyone to the dancefloor. I tried to dance as best I could... but I realised I can't really dance... Maybe cuz I've turned old already... Maybe cuz I've not gone clubbing for a long time... Maybe cuz I'm simply not in the mood. Either way, my 'performance' on the dance floor has deteriorated since my last clubbing days.
We left The Lounge at about 3+am, and settled for supper at Chillipadi. Chilled out til 4.30am when we all start to head back. This time round I bunked in with Szerene and Carene. Szerene and I chatted until near 7am before we finally drifted off to bed.
Pictures of the night:

My enormous cake~

Cutting cake

My birthday kiss...

My birthday hug...

Me, Szerene, Carene, Grace, and a very hyper Chris

Mary, Grace, Me, Carene and Sin

Big group photo (minus Yoke Huey who took photo for us)

Mary and I - her birthday is coming soon... 14 may.. and she turns 25

Stuck between 2 sisters - I love Yong Shan and Suya! Thanks for the roses!
After less than 4 hours of sleep, I woke up, showered, and got ready to meet up with Anson and Chris for lunch. Chris woke up late, so Anson and I waited for him at Max Brenner. When Chris arrived, I suggested eating ramen cuz it's my birthday (a substitute for the traditional 'long life' noodles) so we went to Ajisen Ramen to have Japanese meal. I had seafood ramen. It wasn't too bad.

That's Anson...

That's me with my little present...

Anson's present for me: a little coin pouch from Japan.

My seafood ramen

Anson and Chris

Anson and I

Chris and I

3 of us
At 4pm, I met up with Eva. She somehow managed to make my day. It was great talking to her, but we do not have enough time to really catch up. So we'll have to meet up again! I'm glad that one of my closest friends in Australia has finally moved from Sydney to Melbourne.


Eva and I together

Thank you Eva for such a lovely present!
Our plan was to have dinner with my Chom Chom colleagues and Sharuen at 6pm. However, Edwin and Grace were forced to work at night, therefore I told Szerene that we shall do dinner again another day. So in the end I had dinner with Sharuen alone. But I was kinda glad I am not having to deal with another big group outing. And I'm glad that I'm being 'exempted' from another few heart-breaking scenes.....
Sharuen and I had dinner at this new Thai restaurant on Swanston Street (Ghin Tao or something like that)... I had my usual fave Thai food - Pad Thai. Sharuen had a really healthy, yet really spicy papaya salad. After which we headed to Crown's Grecco, got ourselves 2 slices of cakes (chocolate strawberry and chocolate vanilla), and sat along Yarra River to enjoy the fattening pieces of cake.

Me and Eva's gift

Sharuen

My yummy pad thai

Me in Southgate, facing the Yarra River

The 2 slices of cakes

Yummmm...

I'm tackling all 2 of them ;)
Presenting: Roses for my birthday by Yong Shan and Su Ya.

So pretty... I'm going to preserve them.

And... presenting: my very first birthday gift from my sister, Amelia... flew in all the way from Singapore~ Very lovely pair of earrings! I love them~

Lovely earrings...
And... that's about all that makes up my birthday story...
Nothing fancy. Just mainly gathering with friends.
And finally I'm a year older.
Not appreciating it, but I got to accept that I AM 2 dozen years old...
6 more years to the big 30s. Somewhere I do not want to reach anytime soon!
p/s: my clubbing photos are incomplete. still awaiting some more photos to come from Sin's camera.
Comments