ONE WEEK

I fail to understand why time flies by so quickly when you are having fun. I am already starting to dread the thought of leaving my home here in Singapore and go back to Melbourne. Honestly, I feel the urge to come back here permanently. Maybe I should shorten my plan and come back within the next two years???

Haven't been back for 1 year and 3 months, and everything has changed again. More new buildings. More foreigners. Bigger crowd. New Downtown line. More cafes. More eateries..... the list goes on. But amidst the changes I still found familiarities and homeliness. Singapore is after all, the country that I was born and grew up in. The food is awesome! Local food always tastes good. I get to eat all the food I do not get to eat in Melbourne. And I am fearing that I may not have the time to eat everything before I go back to Melbourne....

The best part of my trip is, getting to see a few friends whom I have not seen in the longest time ever. Uni friends like Estee and Arnuparb, who left Melbourne after their studies so it has been a 7 years absence. And because of our meet-up, we got reconnected to many other friends from uni as well. Then there is Azman, a friend from secondary school whom I have not met for 13 years, has opened a new cafe in Bukit Merah and is a successful entrepreneur. I even bumped into a couple of secondary and poly friends! Then there are the usual close friends I meet - Vanessa (and her parents), Andy, Joanna, Geraldine, Syu, Amelia, Dee, Mash, Alifah, Yat, Izah.... There are still friends I probably won't get to meet because of time constraints. I do want to spend as much time as I can with my family. I have been hanging out with my parents, and I love the time spent with them. 

Of course, there was my trip to Thailand which was just as fantastic. Loved to immerse myself with the country's culture and history. I can simply stand and admire their historical monuments, shrines and ruins for hours. It was a very fruitful trip. Although very exhausted, I felt satisfied as I have achieved what I wished to achieve out of this trip.

Another two days to the end of 2013. I am not planning to do anything big for NYE. People do stuff but I think I just want to avoid the crowd. Peaceful dinner with a friend and count down in front of the TV with my parents I guess? 

Last day of my holidays would be Sunday 5 January 2014. SIGH! I have exactly ONE WEEK to enjoy Singapore. I really wish time will crawl by slowly from now!!

Comments

Popular Posts