비행기표를 샀습니다!

드디어!
Holidays planned. A very-much needed breather finally confirmed!


From Melbourne - SIN - Melbourne 

From SIN - Taipei - SIN
All flying with Jetstar this time. I know I had a bad experience with them last time when my flight was delayed from a supposedly 10.30PM take-off to 7.10AM the following day, making all passengers spend a night totally unplanned in Changi Airport. However their flights are really a lot cheaper. I can perhaps save $500 and spend that on accommodation and food. So I thought I shall give them a try again and pray that their delays won't be that atrocious again! 

The plan for this was very sudden. Although I do intend to go for a short escape sometime soon, but I wasn't expecting THIS SOON. Like in 3 weeks! I have been really fickle with my travel plans because I need to work in-line with my budget and hectic work schedule, PLUS allocating enough money for my big trip to Korea next year. I intend to take up another intensive one month course in February at the same uni, so I foresee staying in Korea for a month, as well as a possible 4 days 3 nights visit to Japan. I will really need lots of $$$$$$$$$$ 

Finally I have made up my mind and it was actually spurred by Kessie, in an indirect way. She sent an email to me at work, telling me about her intention to travel a 4 days 3 nights with her husband to Osaka, Japan in October for her wedding anniversary. Jetstar is offering $139 to travel from Cairns to Osaka at the moment, and perhaps there are more other offers to Japan I am unaware of. It was right there and then at my desk at work I decided that I should also book my trip after all instead of being so forever indecisive. I need a mini break too and am itching to go somewhere (as always). So it was 5 minutes decision and another 5 minute consultation to my boss, and I got my leave approved!

It was easier than I've imagined. My director, Martin, answered (to my question) that September will indeed be quieter than October, and he is also planning to take leave during school holidays which will happen end September. So he should be taking leave from 25 Sep onwards for a week or so to bring his wife and kids to Perth, so it worked out all well for me to take the week before his break to go away. 

I still haven't confirmed accommodation for Taipei, though perhaps I can stay with my family there, but I guess I wouldn't want to. I haven't seen them in a while, and I really don't like troubling other people. On top of my own unwillingness to, we have a family "culture" of not troubling other people too. And of course I like being on my own as well.... If anyone knows I am there they would probably be fighting to find time for me and bring me around etc.... I don't really want to disrupt anyone's life just because of me. I am not sure if 4 days 3 nights in Taipei will be enough, so that I can make a short trip to Kaohsiung to visit my grandpa and other relatives for a dinner. Honestly I don't really remember what Taipei looks like but I can still remember what my mother's hometown is like though. However, given that I am so direction stupid, and it has been a few years' absence, there's bound to be lots of changes. I will see how things go I guess. I am prone to make really impulsive decisions so I shall see what happens then! My travels have always been full of mysteries and unexpected surprises. I like suspense. 

I will be in SG Thursday 13/9 to Sunday 16/9, and then one more day Sat 22/9. It will be a short stay, so I will be prioritising my parents, and a couple of friends so I am not making a big hoo-ha about this trip. May be able to squeeze in a bit of time here and there for some more friends I guess, so we shall see how it goes! 

I can't wait! 3 weeks isn't a long time. I have to train harder for marathon now because I wouldn't be training in those 11 days or so, and there is only 2 weeks left after I come back. I need a break! 



Comments

Got u marked on my calendar :)
Clarice said…
haha.. thanks. I don't know when I can meet you yet though, hopefully we can meet together with vanessa. I already have 2 other close friends on the list wanting to meet me, so we shall work that out later.

Popular Posts