Heartstrings VS Playful Kiss
Recently I have downloaded an app on my iPad that has videos uploaded and subbed by fans, consisting of drama series, variety shows and movies from different countries. Even though the choices are kind of limited, but the shows do not date more than 2 years ago. Plus, they are many Korean dramas to watch! So for the past 3 weeks or so I was watching 2 fantastic Korean drama series which made me swoon over the boys, making me wish that I am actually a lot younger than I actually am, and most importantly, wishing that I am in Korea.... I have been going to bed really late because of these dramas as well. Even if I have to work the next morning I still watch the dramas until 2.30am - 3pm, ending up with only 4 hours sleep for a few consecutive days. That was how bad I am.
I am presently taking a short break before starting the next one. Somehow, I have gotten a little sick of HK dramas, so Korean ones seemed refreshing for me. I haven't watched one for quite a while.
Heart Strings/You have fallen for me 넌 내게 반했어
Jung Yong Hwa was simply so charming.... Too bad he is 6 years my junior. He is the leader of rock band CNBLUE.
I have always liked Park Shin Hye with her superb acting and talent. She is one of Korea's finest dancers as well and she is so young (born 1990).
Other actors in there impressed me too. Overall I loved this drama. Funny, sad at times, fantastic casts, great story!
And because this series does not just talk about a love story, it also talks about arts - the area I am interested in - Modern music VS Korean traditional music. How they can blend together. I love the sound of the gayageum and the electric guitar blended together. Really sensational!
Playful Kiss 장난스런 키스
For anyone who has watched the Taiwanese version called 惡作剧之吻, this is the Korean version. They are both adapted from Japanese manga "Itazura Na Kiss" anyway, so the storyline is the same, though slightly tweaked here and there for both versions. It is hard to say which version I enjoyed more because I laughed so hard with both versions. Very funny, and very enjoyable to watch.
And of course, I also like Kim Hyun Joong, leader of boyband SS501. He is 3 years my junior, so perhaps not that bad if I get to date him in real life???? Hahahaha... Dream on, Clarice! Like as if it would ever happen! :P
The female lead Jung So Min was really cute. I have not seen her before in other dramas and never heard of her previously, so in the first episode I didn't really like her. Honestly she didn't strike me as very pretty, and I wasn't able to figure out why someone with her looks would be lead in such a popular drama. However, after continuing to watch the episodes made me realise her 'charm', and why the role of this 'low IQ' and 'good-at-nothing' but simple and happy girl suits her. She is probably someone whom, the more you look at her, the prettier she gets. There are just some people like that.
I don't know which drama I am going to attack next yet. But before the sleepless nights start happening again upon choosing the drama I best be catching up on my sleep first.


Comments