Yonsei International House

And so, I have checked into Yonsei University's International House, where I will be staying for the next month or so. To my dismay I am going to have to share a room with someone. And everyone who knows me know I hate to share my personal space. However, the girl I am sharing the room with is a quiet but friendly girl, so perhaps it's not so bad after all. She's Korean, however, she was born and raised in Japan, so she can't speak any Korean but is (of course) fluent in Japanese. Her English is so-so, so we communicated with broken English (I slowed down and spoke incomplete sentences for her sake), and even though some of her replies were in Japanese, I did understand her (I do know some Japanese words too). 

Even though I have now settled with the fact that I have to share my personal space, I am really really bothered with having to share a common toilet and bathroom with all the rest of the girls on the same level. I knew this already before I came, but then there are like 50 other girls or so on one level, and there are probably only 8 shower rooms and a public toilet with 10 cubicles. Plus, the toilets were really dirty and unkempt, it stinks! I wonder if it's because of the holidays, and being a Sunday, there were no one around to clean up the mess. I got to know this girl from Thailand and we made friends. She had the same sentiments as me regarding the common areas. We really really REALLY hope by Monday morning the place will be cleaned. 

At around 9-10pm the shower rooms were packed. Everyone came back from wherever and were all looking for a shower. And between 11-12am the basins were packed because everyone is looking to brush their teeth before going to bed. It seems like a regulated life in a dormitory, and I am so unlike everyone else. My showers are after 11pm, and I only brush my teeth at 1am (after snacking). Thus I've managed to avoid the crowd. I am not sure about the mornings though because if everyone is doing the same course as me, it will be a mad rush at 8am as everyone will be getting ready for class at 9am!

Seems like my first night here has been OK. My roommate is sleeping now and I am still online doing nothing. I really should be revising cuz I have a test tomorrow. But then, I am just too lazy~ My roommate has asked me for breakfast tomorrow so I guess I better not sleep too late if not I won't be able to wake up!


Comments

hopefully, u won't grind your teeth and scare her... heehee! or perhaps she is also a teeth grinder...
Clarice said…
hahaha... well i dunno about that! she seems to be well-mannered, neat and no bad habits~ i dunno what happens when she is deep sleep cuz when she deep sleeps i am prob asleep too :P

Popular Posts