Slightly More BREATHING Space!
Ever since I have cut down my shifts at the restaurant, I have more breathing space to do my own work. Last week, due to a (super) hectic day in the office, I could not finish work on time to go work at the restaurant (even if it means I go late, like 7pm!), therefore I called in to get the night off. Fortunately someone could work instead of me (Thanks, Joe!). That night, I left the office at 7.30pm, after Penn has hogged me to leave (if not I'd stay longer to clean off my work!). Since I hardly ever get a Friday night off, I rang Yiyi and she came to fetch me from work. Together, we met up with Clayton and had dinner at T.G.I.Fridays on Chapel Street for dinner. Also met Clayton's good friend VJ, who is a Singaporean Indian. Kylie also joined us briefly and then we went to a pub in Melbourne Central from drinks after our meal.
On Saturday, I went down to Caroline Springs to visit Eva and Alvin, and their darling baby Zoe. Stayed overnight with them too. Had a great time with Zoe. She's freakin' cute!!! And so clever too... At 18months, she can now recognize a few words that she has been taught. E.g. When I called (in Mandarin) "Where is Mommy?" she will point to her Mom. She can also recognize her dad, and me, her Auntie! Not to mention, she can work on her own now, which is just amazing to watch! :)
Eva and Alvin showed warm hospitality. I felt so 'pai seh' having to trouble them with my overnight stay. Eva cooked dinner that night, breakfast and lunch the following day, and had the guest room all nice and ready for my stay. Very nice of them...
That night, when Eva and Alvin have gone to bed with Zoe (they usually sleep by 10pm), I watched a famous Taiwanese movie by 范逸臣and a Japanese girl called "海角七号" (Cape No. 7). Initially I didn't really understand the plot until the very end. The movie wasn't too bad actually. Half of the movie was spoken in Taiwanese, and the other half was spoken in Mandarin and Japanese.

And the rest would be photos and more photos!!

Eva cooking dinner

Baby Zoe climbing around and posing for the camera.




Dinner.... there were eggplants, 白酒鸡, soup, and a very yummy 糖醋鱼

'Family' photo. :)


Zoe climbing all over me and playing with my things... She dug out everything in my wallet! Lol...




Eva drove me and Zoe to the lake at Caroline Springs. There is going to be a shopping complex opening there soon. Right now there are a couple of supermarkets and cafes around.

Some random photo I've taken by the lake.
It was a fantastic weekend! Imagine how dreadful it was when Monday arrived.... Bleah
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Then yesterday, I met up with Peach, after 1.5 years. Actually I have sent out a mass email to our group of friends to meet us up together, however, most of them couldn't make it (since it was quite last minute). Therefore I met Peach first and probably I will be sending out another email to everyone soon to propose a gathering some time next month.
Peach has gone back to Thailand not long after graduation and worked in Best Westin as their PR person. She writes press releases, arranges events and goes to interviews. Then in December last year, she got married to her (first and last and only) boyfriend in Thailand. Her boyfriend has been here working, therefore now Peach has came back to Melbourne to be with her husband. Even if it means giving up such a fantastic job, she still has got to be with her husband here.
She looks so blissful! I am really happy for her... It's good to see a good friend happy with her life.


Peach and I had dinner at Umeya - a tiny Japanese place (but Chinese-owned) in Melbourne Central. We used to go there with our other friends when we were still in uni.
Both of us had niku udon that night, and shared a gyoza.

A picture together.
Epilogue....
I feel that marriage life is not for me, though I am fully aware of the possibilities of never even getting married EVER. From many of my married friends, they need to do those basic tasks like cooking for their husbands, cleaning the house, looking after kids (if they have one), and simply being responsible and share your life with someone else. And it's compulsory. And I look at myself: Marriageable age, BUT I so much cherish my freedom to the point that I do not like sharing as much. I manage my own life and I am happy about that. I do not picture myself managing another person's life, or another person managing MY life. I still want to go out late and have lots of fun without thinking that someone is waiting! I will never give up a career to be a full-time housewife, or to be married. NO WAY! I simply ADORE kids, but then I do not know if I can ever have one, nor look after one.
In other words, I am not ready to settle down and have a 'peaceful' life with my partner. You can say that's because I haven't met that someone who I can spend my life with. However, I know what kind of person I am.
I guess single is best? Especially for a person with my personality and characteristics.... Spoken too soon?? You'll see... :)
On Saturday, I went down to Caroline Springs to visit Eva and Alvin, and their darling baby Zoe. Stayed overnight with them too. Had a great time with Zoe. She's freakin' cute!!! And so clever too... At 18months, she can now recognize a few words that she has been taught. E.g. When I called (in Mandarin) "Where is Mommy?" she will point to her Mom. She can also recognize her dad, and me, her Auntie! Not to mention, she can work on her own now, which is just amazing to watch! :)
Eva and Alvin showed warm hospitality. I felt so 'pai seh' having to trouble them with my overnight stay. Eva cooked dinner that night, breakfast and lunch the following day, and had the guest room all nice and ready for my stay. Very nice of them...
That night, when Eva and Alvin have gone to bed with Zoe (they usually sleep by 10pm), I watched a famous Taiwanese movie by 范逸臣and a Japanese girl called "海角七号" (Cape No. 7). Initially I didn't really understand the plot until the very end. The movie wasn't too bad actually. Half of the movie was spoken in Taiwanese, and the other half was spoken in Mandarin and Japanese.

And the rest would be photos and more photos!!

Eva cooking dinner

Baby Zoe climbing around and posing for the camera.




Dinner.... there were eggplants, 白酒鸡, soup, and a very yummy 糖醋鱼

'Family' photo. :)


Zoe climbing all over me and playing with my things... She dug out everything in my wallet! Lol...




Eva drove me and Zoe to the lake at Caroline Springs. There is going to be a shopping complex opening there soon. Right now there are a couple of supermarkets and cafes around.

Some random photo I've taken by the lake.
It was a fantastic weekend! Imagine how dreadful it was when Monday arrived.... Bleah
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Then yesterday, I met up with Peach, after 1.5 years. Actually I have sent out a mass email to our group of friends to meet us up together, however, most of them couldn't make it (since it was quite last minute). Therefore I met Peach first and probably I will be sending out another email to everyone soon to propose a gathering some time next month.
Peach has gone back to Thailand not long after graduation and worked in Best Westin as their PR person. She writes press releases, arranges events and goes to interviews. Then in December last year, she got married to her (first and last and only) boyfriend in Thailand. Her boyfriend has been here working, therefore now Peach has came back to Melbourne to be with her husband. Even if it means giving up such a fantastic job, she still has got to be with her husband here.
She looks so blissful! I am really happy for her... It's good to see a good friend happy with her life.


Peach and I had dinner at Umeya - a tiny Japanese place (but Chinese-owned) in Melbourne Central. We used to go there with our other friends when we were still in uni.
Both of us had niku udon that night, and shared a gyoza.

A picture together.
Epilogue....
I feel that marriage life is not for me, though I am fully aware of the possibilities of never even getting married EVER. From many of my married friends, they need to do those basic tasks like cooking for their husbands, cleaning the house, looking after kids (if they have one), and simply being responsible and share your life with someone else. And it's compulsory. And I look at myself: Marriageable age, BUT I so much cherish my freedom to the point that I do not like sharing as much. I manage my own life and I am happy about that. I do not picture myself managing another person's life, or another person managing MY life. I still want to go out late and have lots of fun without thinking that someone is waiting! I will never give up a career to be a full-time housewife, or to be married. NO WAY! I simply ADORE kids, but then I do not know if I can ever have one, nor look after one.
In other words, I am not ready to settle down and have a 'peaceful' life with my partner. You can say that's because I haven't met that someone who I can spend my life with. However, I know what kind of person I am.
I guess single is best? Especially for a person with my personality and characteristics.... Spoken too soon?? You'll see... :)
Comments
then of course, there are also pros and cons of being single + independent.
it is all up to you to decide... :)