A Sweet Girl with a Sweet Life and a Sweet Tooth
Translate the title to the opposite, which might be:
A Bitter girl with a tough life and a sore tooth
Haha... Anyway, can't seem to fall asleep, so I got up and make an update!
On Wednesday 9August, it's Singapore's National Day! Happy Birthday SINGAPORE!!! 41 years of independence! YAY!! Too bad I'm at work the entire day, so I can't watch the live telecast of NDP over the net....
******************************************************
After Korean classes on Monday, I dropped by my workplace to check out this week's timetable. And then I ordered A2: Katsu curry rice for takeaway. I didn't want to whip anything up for dinner, not even instant noodles! So I resulted to order takeaway instead. After ordering at the counter, I went to the kitchen and told kitchen head Ken, "A2 is my order hor... So... look after it abit ok?" (half in English, half in Mandarin). Ken, used Cantonese and told Charlie (another chef friend of mine, also from Malaysia), "Charlie! Nei gor pong yau! A2!!" (which means: Charlie! Your Friend's A2!). In the end, here's what I got:

One of the BIGGEST pork chop ever served (I swear! At least not as big as those for the customers!), at least half a bowl more rice, and the curry is almost overflowing! That container barely contained it all! Joanne and I were trying to get the lid to go down, but can't at all, so in the end I got to secure the lid with rubber bands... LOL...
Ken and Charlie look after me more than they do to other people (or so it seems). Maybe cuz we came from countries so nearby each other, and we speak the same way too. And there aren't many of us around in the restaurant (almost all are from CHINA!).
I had a super BLOATING meal that night! I finished it all! :P
******************************************************

This is the mixed fruit pancake I made for customers. The ACTUAL one for customers! Made 3 pancakes by myself today, and the result's good! Usually, I'll leave some fruits at the side of the plate for decoration, but cuz we were really busy when the orders came in, so I left the decoration part out.
I love squeezing whip cream and make it look like a pile of shit on Iced Chocolates and on pancakes. And on top of that pile of shit there's a shape of a star (it just happens to be like that when I squeeze it). It's easier than scooping a round ball of ice-cream (for Iced coffee and cola/lemon float).
It's a MUCH better attempt than my first attempt ok! The first one suck like crazy!
******************************************************
After Sammi and some other colleagues started the "trend" to buy candies from Chinatown, I ended up getting myself some too! 100g costs AUD$1.95. I got myself $7.70 worth of candies today! It'll be a good munchy when I'm doing my assignment or my readings! :)

And I saw this 2 little doggies in this little bag, and it's on discount. It's too adorable to resist! I was really contemplating if I should get them cuz it's really of no use to me, and only adds on to the mess in my room. However, I couldn't resist it! It's too cute to resist! AHHHH.... i can't resist those cute little soft toys. And it's on discount somemore! BOOO....

Aren't they sweet little darlings?
******************************************************
Frustrating! Lady boss came today and she told us to clean this, clean that, use JIF to clean the floor, clean the ceiling lights, clean the benches, clean the cupboards, clean clean clean CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! Cuz after the lunch hour there weren't much customers, and lady boss sat right downstairs ordering us to clean this, mop that, wipe that, scrub this.... We were all DAMNEST FRUSTRATED!! EVERYONE in the restaurant IS cleaning something. EVERYONE in the restaurant got to put up a show for her! And she sit there and looked on. How I wished I had a gun right there and then and just shoot her in the head! GEEEZ! Anson and Chris kept running upstairs to hide for a couple of minutes cuz lady boss was giving them loads of stress. ARGH! Tough job! :(
Back to bed... Hopefully I'll be able to sleep now!
A Bitter girl with a tough life and a sore tooth
Haha... Anyway, can't seem to fall asleep, so I got up and make an update!
On Wednesday 9August, it's Singapore's National Day! Happy Birthday SINGAPORE!!! 41 years of independence! YAY!! Too bad I'm at work the entire day, so I can't watch the live telecast of NDP over the net....
******************************************************
After Korean classes on Monday, I dropped by my workplace to check out this week's timetable. And then I ordered A2: Katsu curry rice for takeaway. I didn't want to whip anything up for dinner, not even instant noodles! So I resulted to order takeaway instead. After ordering at the counter, I went to the kitchen and told kitchen head Ken, "A2 is my order hor... So... look after it abit ok?" (half in English, half in Mandarin). Ken, used Cantonese and told Charlie (another chef friend of mine, also from Malaysia), "Charlie! Nei gor pong yau! A2!!" (which means: Charlie! Your Friend's A2!). In the end, here's what I got:

One of the BIGGEST pork chop ever served (I swear! At least not as big as those for the customers!), at least half a bowl more rice, and the curry is almost overflowing! That container barely contained it all! Joanne and I were trying to get the lid to go down, but can't at all, so in the end I got to secure the lid with rubber bands... LOL...
Ken and Charlie look after me more than they do to other people (or so it seems). Maybe cuz we came from countries so nearby each other, and we speak the same way too. And there aren't many of us around in the restaurant (almost all are from CHINA!).
I had a super BLOATING meal that night! I finished it all! :P
******************************************************

This is the mixed fruit pancake I made for customers. The ACTUAL one for customers! Made 3 pancakes by myself today, and the result's good! Usually, I'll leave some fruits at the side of the plate for decoration, but cuz we were really busy when the orders came in, so I left the decoration part out.
I love squeezing whip cream and make it look like a pile of shit on Iced Chocolates and on pancakes. And on top of that pile of shit there's a shape of a star (it just happens to be like that when I squeeze it). It's easier than scooping a round ball of ice-cream (for Iced coffee and cola/lemon float).
It's a MUCH better attempt than my first attempt ok! The first one suck like crazy!
******************************************************
After Sammi and some other colleagues started the "trend" to buy candies from Chinatown, I ended up getting myself some too! 100g costs AUD$1.95. I got myself $7.70 worth of candies today! It'll be a good munchy when I'm doing my assignment or my readings! :)

And I saw this 2 little doggies in this little bag, and it's on discount. It's too adorable to resist! I was really contemplating if I should get them cuz it's really of no use to me, and only adds on to the mess in my room. However, I couldn't resist it! It's too cute to resist! AHHHH.... i can't resist those cute little soft toys. And it's on discount somemore! BOOO....

Aren't they sweet little darlings?
******************************************************
Frustrating! Lady boss came today and she told us to clean this, clean that, use JIF to clean the floor, clean the ceiling lights, clean the benches, clean the cupboards, clean clean clean CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!! Cuz after the lunch hour there weren't much customers, and lady boss sat right downstairs ordering us to clean this, mop that, wipe that, scrub this.... We were all DAMNEST FRUSTRATED!! EVERYONE in the restaurant IS cleaning something. EVERYONE in the restaurant got to put up a show for her! And she sit there and looked on. How I wished I had a gun right there and then and just shoot her in the head! GEEEZ! Anson and Chris kept running upstairs to hide for a couple of minutes cuz lady boss was giving them loads of stress. ARGH! Tough job! :(
Back to bed... Hopefully I'll be able to sleep now!
Comments