First week of school~ What a tiring week!

Yay~~ school's started! Happy happy ^^ But really really really tiring!!

My classes are only on Thursdays this semester. I'm doing only 2 units, but they are 12-credit points units, so it's alot. But the thing about Thursdays is: I need to get up at 6.30am in the morning, to catch the first shuttle bus at 7.40am, just to get into city in time at 8.30am for classes!! FREAK OUT! I'm already not someone who can get up at 10am in the morning, least to say 6.30am! Furthermore, I work on Wednesday nights, it's impossible for me to get up at 6.30am in the morning! Sigh... but do I have a choice? Monash is just unreasonable! My home campus is in CLAYTON, yet none of my classes are in Clayton, but in the city (or Caulfield, maybe next semester). How weird!

On Thursday my 8.30am class is ''Researching and Writing Australia'' and we had some ice-breaking session. Some of the people there I've already known during registration (Peach, YC, Vivien, Riesa), but there are some new people as well. There are only 13 people in the class (I think), but only 11 people turned up.

Peach - a lovely 27 year old girl from Thailand. She was a radio announcer in Thailand before she came here
Vivien - same age as me, she comes from HK and she was a media planner at Phoenix Television for 2years! Wow... that's a very famous TV station in HK!
Riesa - a chatty Indonesian girl, a year older than me, and she also worked in a radio station in Jakarta before coming to Australia.

Peach, Vivien, Riesa and I went for lunch during our 3 hour break in QV, and we got to know each other much better. Really glad I'm actually able to make friends before my course even starts, and we exchanged numbers and msn as well. Cool! It's definitely much better than last semester in my accounting course where I knew no one and no one knows me until more than halfway through the course. Geeez..

Other classmates I've known:
Candy - A girl from Shangxi, China, soft-spoken, and she graduated in Beijing langugage university majoring in English. She has the same surname as me!
YC - She was a journalist for 6 years in Malaysia. Seems like she's really experienced
Robert - The only local in the class, he's a part-time bus driver, and a part-time teacher as well. A funny guy, participates lots in class
Liu Nan - another one same surname as me. She's from China... didn't talk much to her though
Yuka - from Japan... also didn't get to talk much to her...
Ahn - a Vietnamese, but is now an Australian. She used to study law. Didn't get to talk much to her either
Steph - a guy from Mauritius, and he works as a security guard.
And of cuz, ME, the only Singaporean in the class.

Interesting mix of people we have in the class. It was really fun. Our tutor is Andrew Hassan. He seems like an interesting guy, with a thin plait on his back heh...

Our 1.30pm class is "Convergence, Communications and Policy". I was really tired out (and I think many people are too, cuz most of us have been up very early in the morning), and our tutor, Bryce Weber was talking his heart out on politics and economics and media....... We didn't even have any introductions or ice breaking sessions. Besides those I've already known (only about 5 of us), the others are people I've not seen before. I was having a swelling headache just listening to him! And starting to get really restless too~ Was glad when 3.30pm came and class was dismissed. But I'm hoping to get more of the unit as time pass!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday 21 July -- Worked from 12-11pm... it was unbelievably busy! Customers were sent upstairs all the time, and Sherry, Alex and I got to struggle to serve everyone of them. We can't even take orders, serve the food, clean the tables after someone left, and new customers comes in again! Then we got to give them menus and cutleries.... MADNESS! Alex and I didn't have time to clean out the leftovers on dirty plates and put them in the boxes, so we have to dump them on the floor instead. And this was what resulted after the madness has calmed down a little:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was spectacular! Sherry works in the bar today so she didn't get to see this atrocious mess, and she was like WOW when she saw it so she took a picture. It was madness! There's simply no where to walk at all! All the dirty bowls, plates, cups, bento boxes are all over the place! Geeez... Who cleared them up in the end? ME!! :S

I was so freaking tired and hungry and sore after work! Fridays suck! I wonder why is everyone coming to eat when the food is not that famous or that nice. It's really madness!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And after work it's already 11+pm, got to wait for train.... by the time I reach home it' already after 12am.... So tired! If possible, I wish that I won't get to work on Fridays/Saturdays at all! Can die ah~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember Yul Goon from ''GOONG"? Kim Jung Hoon!!! So dreamy!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Okok.. that's totally random!
And I've fallen in love with Vic Zhou (zaizai) too~ Will post photos next time~ (Not that anyone needs to see to know what he looks like... lol.. he's famous enough!)


Sigh... tomorrow's another day of work!
HELP ME!!
[Hope it won't be too busy!]

Comments