Coffees, bubble teas, sushis, pancakes and a new MP3~
Recently, I've been drinking alot of bubble teas... When the bubble tea craze was on a few years back, I don't find myself so fascinated by them~ I love chewing on the sago, but I don't find it that particularly appealing or delicious. But recently, after making myself some Iced Pearl Milk Tea (equivalent to bubble milk tea, which we serve in our restaurant), I started to fall in love with them! Found myself wanting to drink them during work, and I love chewing the sago pearls like they're chewing gum or something. I was told that those sago pearls can cause cancer... Though abit alarming, but I still drink it anyways. Cuz, I enjoy it!
Then, coffees are the essentials of my everyday life. I like Starbucks coffee~ Their quality is much better than Gloria Jeans, McCafe, Mrs Field, CoffeeHQ (though I still drink CoffeeHQ and Mrs Field sometimes), which explains why their tall latte is 60cents more expensive than others. Other good coffees include MaxBrenner (which costs $4++ for a cup of coffee! too expensive!) and Engels (on Collins St.) but Starbucks is just located opposite our restaurant so I've been there a few times recently.

Due to my desperate NEEDS, I got to drink latte... I really wanted iced mocha though but I know it won't have any effect on me.
~~~~~~~
Macy taught me how to make pancakes this week! I should have learnt long ago, but this other colleague has not taught me yet, and she's on her holidays now. Since Macy and I got along really well she taught me. From the mixture she has made, she showed me how to make the pancake on the hot plate. It's not that difficult actually. Then, Alice taught me how to make a mixed fruit pancake. It's actually up to ur own creativity and imagination.

Alice made this pancake.. Nice, isn't it?
On Friday, when we were so busy, a customer downstairs ordered 2 mixed fruit pancakes. I'm in charge of upstairs, and we can only make pancakes upstairs. Anson asked me to make it since I'm in the bar. I'm like "Nooo... I just WATCHED people do it, I haven't actually done it myself!!" But Anson said that he trusts I can do it, and told me quickly the steps to do it. SO, I did it.... But the pancakes were not well-made, cuz one of them is too small, and the other one is too thin. Couldn't very well wrap the fruits and ice-cream into it. So, I just mixed some fruits and a scoop of ice-cream, then fold the pancake, turn it over, and beside the pancake, I added one more scoop of ice-cream, and surround that scoop with more fruits. Then I squirt strawberry syrup over it, add a cherry on top, and I'm done! But the result wasn't as good as Alice's of course. And it's a little different from hers too. My FIRST attempt! Luckily the customers didn't complain about my pancake....
~~~~~~~

And this is the 'upstairs' or 'second level' of our restaurant, where I work primarily, being in charge when I'm around. Upstairs is more spacious, has better atmosphere, more seats and more freedom (for us staff). But it can get really really busy and really really maddening!! I took this when I knocked off. Chris was still serving a customer when actually upstairs is already closed at that time.
~~~~~~~
Look what I did...
Cuz we have multiple levels in our restaurant, we send our dishes and dirty plates and any other stuff via a lift. So on Friday, it was really busy and there were so many things to do, I quickly took out the dishes, and slammed the lift shut. Shouldn't have SLAMMED it shut, cuz this is what happened to my hand:

It hurts like crazy!!!
~~~~~~~

So, even though I'm freaking tired after work, what am I still smiling at??

SUSHI!!! California Roll, Yoyogi Roll and Assorted Sushi...
Either the sushi packs or the handrolls, I get to take them back almost everytime I finish work.
To us staff, to take these back also compensates the low pay the restaurant pays us to work like hell~ Hmmph~
~~~~~~~
Chocolate recommendations:

Heaven Chocolate: tastes like heaven. REALLY
There are 4 flavours in this pack: Caramel latte, Chocolate strawberry, Chocolate truffle and Raspberry creme (my personal fave out of the 4!)
~~~~~~~
Look what I've just splurged on:

It's Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 player! Costs a freaking AUD $299, so my week's salary is gone like that! But I like this 2GB player. I've always wanted something bigger than my old 256MB player. 256MB can only store up to 50 songs! Too little for me!
Now with 2 GB I can really say I enjoy long bus and train rides much better than I used to.
Looks like I can't spend much on any other things from now on though... Anyway there hasn't been much chances for me to cook since I'm at work most of the time, so I haven't been buying much groceries. That's money saved as well!
I guess from next week onwards my work time will be cut down to 2 or 3 days, which is good! 4 days a week is TOO tiring for me! I still have my studies to look after as well. Besides, I'm thinking of changing my job too. Hopefully I can manage to find a new job soon.
Until next update, CIAO~
Then, coffees are the essentials of my everyday life. I like Starbucks coffee~ Their quality is much better than Gloria Jeans, McCafe, Mrs Field, CoffeeHQ (though I still drink CoffeeHQ and Mrs Field sometimes), which explains why their tall latte is 60cents more expensive than others. Other good coffees include MaxBrenner (which costs $4++ for a cup of coffee! too expensive!) and Engels (on Collins St.) but Starbucks is just located opposite our restaurant so I've been there a few times recently.

Due to my desperate NEEDS, I got to drink latte... I really wanted iced mocha though but I know it won't have any effect on me.
~~~~~~~
Macy taught me how to make pancakes this week! I should have learnt long ago, but this other colleague has not taught me yet, and she's on her holidays now. Since Macy and I got along really well she taught me. From the mixture she has made, she showed me how to make the pancake on the hot plate. It's not that difficult actually. Then, Alice taught me how to make a mixed fruit pancake. It's actually up to ur own creativity and imagination.

Alice made this pancake.. Nice, isn't it?
On Friday, when we were so busy, a customer downstairs ordered 2 mixed fruit pancakes. I'm in charge of upstairs, and we can only make pancakes upstairs. Anson asked me to make it since I'm in the bar. I'm like "Nooo... I just WATCHED people do it, I haven't actually done it myself!!" But Anson said that he trusts I can do it, and told me quickly the steps to do it. SO, I did it.... But the pancakes were not well-made, cuz one of them is too small, and the other one is too thin. Couldn't very well wrap the fruits and ice-cream into it. So, I just mixed some fruits and a scoop of ice-cream, then fold the pancake, turn it over, and beside the pancake, I added one more scoop of ice-cream, and surround that scoop with more fruits. Then I squirt strawberry syrup over it, add a cherry on top, and I'm done! But the result wasn't as good as Alice's of course. And it's a little different from hers too. My FIRST attempt! Luckily the customers didn't complain about my pancake....
~~~~~~~

And this is the 'upstairs' or 'second level' of our restaurant, where I work primarily, being in charge when I'm around. Upstairs is more spacious, has better atmosphere, more seats and more freedom (for us staff). But it can get really really busy and really really maddening!! I took this when I knocked off. Chris was still serving a customer when actually upstairs is already closed at that time.
~~~~~~~
Look what I did...
Cuz we have multiple levels in our restaurant, we send our dishes and dirty plates and any other stuff via a lift. So on Friday, it was really busy and there were so many things to do, I quickly took out the dishes, and slammed the lift shut. Shouldn't have SLAMMED it shut, cuz this is what happened to my hand:

It hurts like crazy!!!
~~~~~~~

So, even though I'm freaking tired after work, what am I still smiling at??

SUSHI!!! California Roll, Yoyogi Roll and Assorted Sushi...
Either the sushi packs or the handrolls, I get to take them back almost everytime I finish work.
To us staff, to take these back also compensates the low pay the restaurant pays us to work like hell~ Hmmph~
~~~~~~~
Chocolate recommendations:

Heaven Chocolate: tastes like heaven. REALLY
There are 4 flavours in this pack: Caramel latte, Chocolate strawberry, Chocolate truffle and Raspberry creme (my personal fave out of the 4!)
~~~~~~~
Look what I've just splurged on:

It's Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 player! Costs a freaking AUD $299, so my week's salary is gone like that! But I like this 2GB player. I've always wanted something bigger than my old 256MB player. 256MB can only store up to 50 songs! Too little for me!
Now with 2 GB I can really say I enjoy long bus and train rides much better than I used to.
Looks like I can't spend much on any other things from now on though... Anyway there hasn't been much chances for me to cook since I'm at work most of the time, so I haven't been buying much groceries. That's money saved as well!
I guess from next week onwards my work time will be cut down to 2 or 3 days, which is good! 4 days a week is TOO tiring for me! I still have my studies to look after as well. Besides, I'm thinking of changing my job too. Hopefully I can manage to find a new job soon.
Until next update, CIAO~
Comments