A Change. A Countdown

And so.... I changed my blog view.

It has been yonks since my last change. I liked that dark and solemn background I had that lit my yellow, orange and other fluorescent colours. But I guess now I wanted something more of a 'dynamic' view, which I have seen and admired on many websites. Thus, I made the migration.

I think the best view for this blog would be the MAGAZINES view. Readers out there can also customise the page based on your own view preferences by clicking the drop down box on the top left hand corner. BUT, this site seems to only work properly if you are using FIREFOX or CHROME. IE just screws the whole formatting up.

I think I've been pretty slack with my updates. Once to twice a month is my max so far. I do admit my life is like a rollercoaster. Busy, busy, busy! I hope to blog more (and I do love blogging) so hopefully also, with the new template I will be more "motivated" to blog more actively. And this also applies to my food blog too, hopefully, as it is very much neglected.....

~~~~~~





Anyway, back to the topic on my long-awaited holidays --- I simply cannot wait! It has been a long, busy, dreary year without much of a relaxing break. I used to go overseas twice a year! But since returning early January this year I haven't been able to go anywhere internationally (well, other than my couple of Lake Entrance local trips, and a trip to the Gold Coast for company conference), and I am not someone who can sit around at the same location for a long time!

I have a couple of friends, as well as events, to act as my "time-stamps". Friends going for their holidays, and coming back from their holidays are my time-stamps. Events such as weddings, bigger gatherings, parties etc, are also my time-stamps. These time-stamps commenced late October and I am almost half-way through so I treat this as a good sign that I am at least making progress towards THE DAY I GO AWAY.

Lunch break at the restaurant yesterday was interesting. Our head chef from Thailand, and our older Japanese boss gave me heaps of tips on what to EAT in Thailand. OMG. I had to fish out my mobile to record them all. Pumpkin topped with coconut, original tom yum, Thai Shabu-Shabu, Crab with egg yolk, Stir-fried pipi, Pineapple fried rice + curry, beef salad, charcoal tom yum................... lots more. I can't wait to try them ALL! Their food tips definitely made me itch to leave here all the more!

I also cannot wait to go back home. I have been away from Singapore for more than a year now and I do miss my family and friends back home. It's time to go back and reconnect with my hometown and spending time with my family.

23 more days. A bit more than 3 weeks. 25% of the month. 12/12 I am waiting!

Comments

Popular Posts