미남이 시네요~
or as per translation provided by the internet: "You're Beautiful"/"He's Beautiful". (though honestly literally the latter may fit the original Korean name much better)."oh, so they're beautiful boys" would be what I'd translate the meaning to be, or perhaps, it's just the word "Mi Nam" that reflects the main character in this drama that the title derived its meaning from.
This drama is actually currently airing on Channel U in Singapore. I am actually kinda aware of this drama for some time though I've never gotten the chance to watch it. Apparently this drama caused a huge tidal wave with the Hallyu phenomena hitting hard to fans worldwide- especially in Japan, who will also be filming the Japanese version of this drama soon. Only managed to watch just one episode on Channel U when I was back in Singapore, and I thought I should continue watching this. Mesmerised. It is not really new anymore... dating all the way back to 2009. I like Jang Geun Seuk! Even though he looked kinda funny to me with that eyeliner in the drama, and the fact that he is actually 4 years younger than me in real life, and he probably had his nose done, still I find him irresistable. Ever since watching him in "Hong Gil Dong" and "Beethoven Virus" I found myself greatly attracted to him. And now this "You're Beautiful" drama made me like him even more!
Mind though, even though I am a 'fan', I am not really a FAN. I like this artiste for his charisma/talent/great looks/charm/whatever, but I am no longer 15 years old. I will only listen to songs and watch movies/dramas to support these artistes, but I wouldn't go all out to stalk, dig into their profile, and drool over magazine covers. I have no time for those things, and I am too old for them too.
This drama makes me laugh so much, and cry so much at the same time. My mood fluctuates when I watch dramas anyway. I found myself completely lost in the story and totally enjoyed myself. Honestly this drama sorta pulled me through the hard times I presently find in Melbourne.
Go Mi Nyu and Go Mi Nam (both acted by Park Shin Hye) are twins who were left in the convent after their father passed away. Go Mi Nam pursues a career as a singer in order to find the mother they never knew. Due to an accident he had to undergo surgery in US, just when Korea's famous boy group A.N.Jell is looking for a new member and Go Mi Nam was the choice. Since Go Mi Nam is in USA, his manager had no choice but to look for Go Mi Nyu to take her twin brother's place and disguise herself as a guy until her brother comes back. Go Mi Nyu hence gave up her dream to become a nun, and became part of the popular boy group to fulfil her brother's dreams. Kang Shin Woo (Jung Yong Hwa) first found out her true identity, but kept silent, protecting her and looking for her behind her back, only to eventually fall for her. Hwang Tae Kyung (Jang Geun Suk), the leader of A.N.Jell found out her identity soon after and initially wanted to kick her out of the group, but eventually let her stay. He appears to be cold and aloof, but inside he is actually very kind hearted. He fell for Mi Nyu too, though he tried to hide it by being really harsh with her. (Same for Mi Nyu, she likes Tae Kyung but hid it). Jeremy (Lee Hong Ki) is the last member of the group and he is also the very last to know about Mi Nyu's true identity. The bubbly Jeremy liked her as a guy too, though he was worried he could be gay, so he was relieved that Mi Nyu is actually a girl.
Of course, things get difficult when popular actress Yoo He Yi (Uee) wants to reveal "Mi Nam"'s true gender when she couldn't be with Tae Kyung. And also a very persistent reporter who digs into the celebrity's private life relentlessly.Mi Nyu is trying very hard to control her continuously developing love for Tae Kyung whilst still remain her nice self to the unreasonable He Yi, and at the same time juggling life as a celebrity and part of the famous A.N.Jell.
Every minute of the drama I love~ Especially when the style coordinator and Mi Nam/Nyu's manager started imagining various scenarios in their own world, those were really hilarious. Even when Mi Nam/Nyu had her own imaginations, as well as when Tae Kyung had his, they were all really funny as well.
And I simply love it when Jang Geun Suk pouts/sulks like that:
Imagine his character as the cool guy, words hard and cold as steel with his eyes always dark and glaring displaying this childish little expression. Since his heart is soft and kind, he ends up giving a childish pout like that because he realized he has said/done something that he doesn't really mean deep inside. Or when he is speculating on how to 'get back' at Mi Nam/Nyu for whatever reasons. I ended up doing the pout sometimes too..... Maybe I am easily influenced, but it indeed is contagious!
I also noted the charm of Jung Yong Hwa in this movie. The gentle, caring and always supportive Shin Woo "형" has sort of grown on me as well.
He's a 1989 baby. Too young for me. But definitely, if he's older (or if I'm younger) I will go nuts over him.
Of course, the main protagonist in this drama - Go Mi Nam/Go Mi Nyu - all portrayed by a very young and talented young actress Park Shin Hye. She's no newbie. Maybe you have seen her in "Stairway to Heaven" and "Goong S" before, but I really like her portrayal as Go Mi Nam/Nyu in this drama. Like a little innocent boy who tries to hide her true identity as much as she can, and to act like a 돼지토기 (pig rabbit) when she's trying to suppress her emotions. She's so cute.
And of course, how can I forget "Jeremy" acted by Lee Hong Ki of FT Island. He's so cute!! His bubbly character can make you feel like he's so gay, but his affection and laughter makes you warm up to him.
And just another photo of the drama...
Ahhhhh..... I want to watch this drama all over again! I hardly thirst for a drama so much so that I didn't even want to get out when I have time off work, because all I wanted to do was to keep on watching this drama. I think I swallowed 16 episodes within 4 days.
시간이 되면, 다시몇번 보고싶은데... 이 드라마는 최고! <3
This drama is actually currently airing on Channel U in Singapore. I am actually kinda aware of this drama for some time though I've never gotten the chance to watch it. Apparently this drama caused a huge tidal wave with the Hallyu phenomena hitting hard to fans worldwide- especially in Japan, who will also be filming the Japanese version of this drama soon. Only managed to watch just one episode on Channel U when I was back in Singapore, and I thought I should continue watching this. Mesmerised. It is not really new anymore... dating all the way back to 2009. I like Jang Geun Seuk! Even though he looked kinda funny to me with that eyeliner in the drama, and the fact that he is actually 4 years younger than me in real life, and he probably had his nose done, still I find him irresistable. Ever since watching him in "Hong Gil Dong" and "Beethoven Virus" I found myself greatly attracted to him. And now this "You're Beautiful" drama made me like him even more!
Mind though, even though I am a 'fan', I am not really a FAN. I like this artiste for his charisma/talent/great looks/charm/whatever, but I am no longer 15 years old. I will only listen to songs and watch movies/dramas to support these artistes, but I wouldn't go all out to stalk, dig into their profile, and drool over magazine covers. I have no time for those things, and I am too old for them too.
This drama makes me laugh so much, and cry so much at the same time. My mood fluctuates when I watch dramas anyway. I found myself completely lost in the story and totally enjoyed myself. Honestly this drama sorta pulled me through the hard times I presently find in Melbourne.
Go Mi Nyu and Go Mi Nam (both acted by Park Shin Hye) are twins who were left in the convent after their father passed away. Go Mi Nam pursues a career as a singer in order to find the mother they never knew. Due to an accident he had to undergo surgery in US, just when Korea's famous boy group A.N.Jell is looking for a new member and Go Mi Nam was the choice. Since Go Mi Nam is in USA, his manager had no choice but to look for Go Mi Nyu to take her twin brother's place and disguise herself as a guy until her brother comes back. Go Mi Nyu hence gave up her dream to become a nun, and became part of the popular boy group to fulfil her brother's dreams. Kang Shin Woo (Jung Yong Hwa) first found out her true identity, but kept silent, protecting her and looking for her behind her back, only to eventually fall for her. Hwang Tae Kyung (Jang Geun Suk), the leader of A.N.Jell found out her identity soon after and initially wanted to kick her out of the group, but eventually let her stay. He appears to be cold and aloof, but inside he is actually very kind hearted. He fell for Mi Nyu too, though he tried to hide it by being really harsh with her. (Same for Mi Nyu, she likes Tae Kyung but hid it). Jeremy (Lee Hong Ki) is the last member of the group and he is also the very last to know about Mi Nyu's true identity. The bubbly Jeremy liked her as a guy too, though he was worried he could be gay, so he was relieved that Mi Nyu is actually a girl.
Of course, things get difficult when popular actress Yoo He Yi (Uee) wants to reveal "Mi Nam"'s true gender when she couldn't be with Tae Kyung. And also a very persistent reporter who digs into the celebrity's private life relentlessly.Mi Nyu is trying very hard to control her continuously developing love for Tae Kyung whilst still remain her nice self to the unreasonable He Yi, and at the same time juggling life as a celebrity and part of the famous A.N.Jell.
Every minute of the drama I love~ Especially when the style coordinator and Mi Nam/Nyu's manager started imagining various scenarios in their own world, those were really hilarious. Even when Mi Nam/Nyu had her own imaginations, as well as when Tae Kyung had his, they were all really funny as well.
And I simply love it when Jang Geun Suk pouts/sulks like that:
Imagine his character as the cool guy, words hard and cold as steel with his eyes always dark and glaring displaying this childish little expression. Since his heart is soft and kind, he ends up giving a childish pout like that because he realized he has said/done something that he doesn't really mean deep inside. Or when he is speculating on how to 'get back' at Mi Nam/Nyu for whatever reasons. I ended up doing the pout sometimes too..... Maybe I am easily influenced, but it indeed is contagious!
I also noted the charm of Jung Yong Hwa in this movie. The gentle, caring and always supportive Shin Woo "형" has sort of grown on me as well.
He's a 1989 baby. Too young for me. But definitely, if he's older (or if I'm younger) I will go nuts over him.
Of course, the main protagonist in this drama - Go Mi Nam/Go Mi Nyu - all portrayed by a very young and talented young actress Park Shin Hye. She's no newbie. Maybe you have seen her in "Stairway to Heaven" and "Goong S" before, but I really like her portrayal as Go Mi Nam/Nyu in this drama. Like a little innocent boy who tries to hide her true identity as much as she can, and to act like a 돼지토기 (pig rabbit) when she's trying to suppress her emotions. She's so cute.
And of course, how can I forget "Jeremy" acted by Lee Hong Ki of FT Island. He's so cute!! His bubbly character can make you feel like he's so gay, but his affection and laughter makes you warm up to him.
And just another photo of the drama...
Ahhhhh..... I want to watch this drama all over again! I hardly thirst for a drama so much so that I didn't even want to get out when I have time off work, because all I wanted to do was to keep on watching this drama. I think I swallowed 16 episodes within 4 days.
시간이 되면, 다시몇번 보고싶은데... 이 드라마는 최고! <3






Comments
이드라마 좋아.. ㅋㅋ 악 신우형~~~ 이거 보고 정용화 팬 됬음, .. ㅋㅋㅋ 난 이런것 보면 꼭 "타울 보이" 가 좋더라. . 일본 버전 꽃보다 남자엔 하나자와 루이를 정말 좋아했어 .. 나이 많이 먹었어도 .. 오구리 슌 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
이런 멋진 남자는 어디있나요? ? ?? ? ? 황태경 같이 나쁜 남자고 좋아좋아!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
이런것 멋진고 잘생기 남자 어띠있는지 나도 알고싶어. 하지만, 아마 드라마에만 크랫터 볼수있는데... 황태경 이런것 남자 참 좋아... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3