And 2012 comes marching in...
Ok, since I am eating and staring into space now, I might as well eat and DO something. And hence I'm here. making a short post.
Yesterday evening I went back to Sozai and started my shift. I think everyone was glad to see me. They were telling me the past few days went berserk, and with my help, it will definitely be a lot better. So I was expecting that perhaps NYE is going to be busy, and I was somewhat prepared for it. Turned out, it was so quiet that at no point in time the place was full. To think we were still worrying that we are understaffed. Benise and I ran the floor with the now-not-so-new-anymore girl (I've trained her before I left for holidays and I'm glad she's improved heaps now) and we were fine. I joked that it was because customers turned away upon seeing my face. But we speculated that people must have gone somewhere to celebrate and countdown for the new year. Perhaps the CBD would've been the busiest place.
Whilst people think that "oh new year's eve must be spent somewhere special and count down must be done at somewhere nice with someone special" blah blah, I think the contrary. All these are so old school. I've used to think that way too. If anyone thinks I'm boring/lonely/eccentric/weirdo, so be it. I arrived home at around 11.30pm, and was starving so much I ate my dinner and watched drama all the way past 12am. Only realized it was 2012 like 15 minutes later? Chit-chatted with one of my housemates who was still at home (the other one went out to party). Then I had some red wine by myself and watching another drama. It was peaceful. And I like it that way.
Beats going out and fighting with the crazy crowd anytime. Perhaps it's my coming of age that I feel this way?
*and contrary (again) to what I've just blogged, I really wanted to spend NYE in Singapore. I wouldn't be sure if I'd have done something 'exciting' or 'different', but I know I haven't spent NYE in Singapore for a long time. I will still steer away from the crowd though. *
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Yesterday evening I went back to Sozai and started my shift. I think everyone was glad to see me. They were telling me the past few days went berserk, and with my help, it will definitely be a lot better. So I was expecting that perhaps NYE is going to be busy, and I was somewhat prepared for it. Turned out, it was so quiet that at no point in time the place was full. To think we were still worrying that we are understaffed. Benise and I ran the floor with the now-not-so-new-anymore girl (I've trained her before I left for holidays and I'm glad she's improved heaps now) and we were fine. I joked that it was because customers turned away upon seeing my face. But we speculated that people must have gone somewhere to celebrate and countdown for the new year. Perhaps the CBD would've been the busiest place.
Whilst people think that "oh new year's eve must be spent somewhere special and count down must be done at somewhere nice with someone special" blah blah, I think the contrary. All these are so old school. I've used to think that way too. If anyone thinks I'm boring/lonely/eccentric/weirdo, so be it. I arrived home at around 11.30pm, and was starving so much I ate my dinner and watched drama all the way past 12am. Only realized it was 2012 like 15 minutes later? Chit-chatted with one of my housemates who was still at home (the other one went out to party). Then I had some red wine by myself and watching another drama. It was peaceful. And I like it that way.
Beats going out and fighting with the crazy crowd anytime. Perhaps it's my coming of age that I feel this way?
*and contrary (again) to what I've just blogged, I really wanted to spend NYE in Singapore. I wouldn't be sure if I'd have done something 'exciting' or 'different', but I know I haven't spent NYE in Singapore for a long time. I will still steer away from the crowd though. *
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Comments
It would be so fun spending the first few moments of 2012 with my sistas!
In the end, I spent it watching fireworks with my parents in law and a not so interested husband...
it's just another day la honestly lol... unless u have someone special or something really fun that is away from the horrendous crowd. we'll see how next year :)
새해복많이받아