A Post Made because I Wanna Post

Actually I am just taking a breather from all the packing, so I ended up coming here to blog.

It is 1.30AM, but I am still quite awake after a bath, and all the 'exercise' I've done because of all the packing and dismantling. And believe it, I am actually eating wafu salad (part of my dinner from my shift that I haven't touched). Yes, I was hungry after all that ordeal!

I have just pulled apart my DIY wardrobe. It's actually not complicated at all to take it out, but then it took me about 20 minutes to tear everything apart. It's just that I screwed them really tight when I assembled it more than 3 years ago, and now it was so hard to unscrew them. With the help of a Phillips screwdriver and a wrench, I got everything out. Behind the wardrobe lies a thick layer of dust. I am quite capable of assembling and disassembling furniture, but, CLEANING..... I can either start doing it and not stop, or be too lazy to start at all~ So I am not so capable with that. I am just like a guy. A typical guy.

Anyway, movers are coming to my place later on at 10am to move my stuff from place A to place B. Place B will be my new place (DUH!). I have packed all the things I want to move; threw heaps of stuff out; and boxed the things I intend to donate. I still haven't got the time to make a trip down to the Salvation Army or Vinnies, and since I have so many things, I guess I will have to come back next week with a friend (who has a car) and make my donations.

Honestly, I am aghast with all the things I've accumulated over the years here. The things I've thrown away, or the things I want to donate, are probably worth the price of a round trip to Europe and back Australia. But at least, with this move, I can filter and condense my belongings instead of letting them pile higher and higher. 

Boxes in my room waiting to be moved later

Boxes and suitcases near the entrance also waiting to be moved later.
There are more in the living room.
Haven't actually done a count, but then I might have around 20 boxes big and small, plus a lamp, a  desk, a bookshelf, 2
chairs, a fan, a heater, and a DIY wardrobe.


My estimate for later will be:
8AM - wake, wash up, final packing
10AM-11.30AM - Moving from place A to B
11.30AM-4.30PM - cleaning my new place, unpacking some stuff
4.30PM-5PM - getting ready for work
5.30PM - work starts.


The couple in the other room has already moved out on Friday. So now there's only Rich and I in the house. Rich is moving Tuesday afternoon. And then on Wednesday steam cleaning will be done to the place, followed by inspections. And then new tenants will move in after (dunno when). We will all start our new lives at new places. Rich and I have been housemates for more than 3 years now. It's kinda sad to leave, but we are also looking forward to new beginnings. 

Farewells aren't always a bad thing. Everyone moves on at some point in life. To improve, to savour different flavours of life. We will keep in touch. 

*********************************************************

And yes, I have found a job.....

..........which rather surprised me because, I wasn't expecting to find something this soon. 

I posted a random resume for a part-time position at MCN (Melbourne City News) after seeing their job ad. They surprised me by calling me in for an interview (cuz I wasn't expecting someone to be interested in my resume). Together with the interview was 2 hours worth of 'trying it out'. In the end, they extended my 2 hours into a 5 hour interval... NO PAY. At the end of the day I was somehow expecting a YES to my efforts and employ me straightaway, but instead the manager told me that she will give me a call by the end of the week if I am successful. She did voice out the fact that she is impressed with my work, though she is also at the same time, trying a few other people as well. It was kinda like 'WTF' initially, but I shrugged it off and thought that it's OK even if I don't get it cuz I'm used to rejections anyway.

However, after lunch shift on Thursday, I checked my email during my break and saw the email the manager sent to me. 

"Thank you for your efforts on Tuesday – I think you did a great job and I would love to have you on board as a marketing and media assistant."

That, and followed by the times I will have to go in next. 

I was seriously surprised. It was indeed out of my expectations! 
Now I can at least be able to gain some experience in my field, no matter if this is a graduate position and the fact that  I am not paid much for the role. I will be working for a newspaper publication!! Who cares if it's a fairly new paper circulated free once a month? It's the experience I need in order to go somewhere else in the future! OR, if I do well in this role there is always a possibility to get promoted into full time. I am seriously thankful for this opportunity, and that my efforts in search for a job has somewhat paid off. 

I start work next Tuesday, for 2-3 days a week.

And I will continue to work at nights too, at the restaurant.


New life, new job, new place. Change is not bad at all! Change is good. :)

Comments

Popular Posts